Thread: So the dirty, filthy, dirty slut went to the range...

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation

So the dirty, filthy, dirty slut went to the range...

So you get up to speed

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...thy-dirty-slut....

Took my shining examples of fine american craftsmanship out to the range today. In the lovely 28 degree weather I pitted myself against this horde of gangsta goodness

And what an adventure it was, first up was the jennings, which did surprisingly well (for a jennings) and only jammed 1 round out of every mag, until I learned this...

yes, a healthy dose of wd-40 turned the little chrome turd into a reliable chrome turd. after a few mags it would jam again (one round out of every mag) so I would douse it in wd again and it was fixed. if you averaged it out I would say it had better than 90% reliability, which would probably go up if I used a better lubricant. all but one of the jams were related to extraction, usually stove pipes but I had 2 or 3 failures to extract. I had one failure to chamber and one failure to fire, but since I was using bulk pack ammo that is to be expected. I put about 1/3 of a brick of .22's though it today and it didn't blow up, so it has done better than expected. Accuracy wasn't ideal, partly due to the chrome sights reflecting the sun, it hits a little left of point of aim, and usually has one pretty bad flyer out of a mag, here's the best group of the day (7 yards)

that's a 6 shot group, the flyer was an inch or so below the rest so it got cropped off.
    After I was done screwing around on paper I took my .22 spinning target and set it up at 25 yards, at that distance I was pleased to hit the 3" gong 2 out of 6 shots, I also set up a cardboard box at that distance, which lead me to conclude you'd be able to keep all 6 on a 2 liter soda bottle that far out.

Next up was the stallard, and man did it surprise me. Its pretty well known on here that I rock a hi-point .45, so I was expecting the stallard to be comparable, which it was as far as reliability and accuracy goes, but the recoil is terrible. Shooting it feels alot like hitting a telephone pole with an aluminum bat, it's just bloody uncomfortable. I only put 25 or so rounds out of it for that very reason, in which I had 1 jam (failure to eject) experience tells me it was probably a fluke, but I doubt I'm going to play around with the pistol enough to find out. Honestly how can a pistol that weighs as much as the front half of my sebring buck more than a lighter .45? Anyway here is typical accuracy from 7 yards

that's decent, another interesting bit is that the sights on that gun are cast into the frame so there is no adjustment whatsoever, luckily they happened to hit point of aim

So that wraps up my adventures with stupidity, and for those wondering about the derringer from the orginal post I didn't shoot that because I robbed a liquor store with it then threw it off a bridge.

Good day

next time we can go shootin you need to bring those.

Instead of WD-Fotay , maybe try white lithium grease on the internals.

I'll let you shoot my marlin 1898 with a 600gr door breaching round.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

WD does work in a pinch but it can kill primers if left to soak for a long time plus when it dried it tend to leave a sticky film behind.

I used the wd because I had it on hand, the pistol is now slopped full of lithium grease, still I'm rather impressed that I managed to land a jennings that works.

the funny thing is a month or so ago I bought a ruger 22/45, which wouldn't feed if it had more than 4 rounds in the mag and has had to go back to ruger because the grip frame is too long (still waiting for hear back on it's status), so in essence I'm better off trusting my life to a jennings than a ruger, strange days indeed. I've also noticed that I developed a blister from the trigger of the jennings pinching my finger, I'm not quite sure what the lesson is there.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

You are now fully prepared for a late night visit to the local liquor store...

[QUOTE=raxar;197659]I used the wd because I had it on hand, the pistol is now slopped full of lithium grease, still I'm rather impressed that I managed to land a jennings that works.

Works for now but wont keep it working for ever.I had one that ended in the fire place.
    Only thing that was left was a little glob of pot metal and the only parts that didnt melt was the mags.
    Best thing I ever did for this piece of junk.

If you carry it next to bare skin some of the zinc may make it into your system and protect you from the flu.

How do you like that American Arms .22? Or is that a .22 Mag? I was actually thinking about getting one of those in .22 Mag with the folding grip like that. Talk about always haveing "one in the hand".
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    If you carry it next to bare skin some of the zinc may make it into your system and protect you from the flu.
    maybe they should start making the grips out of nicoderm patches to encourage amish yutes to stop smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    How do you like that American Arms .22? Or is that a .22 Mag? I was actually thinking about getting one of those in .22 Mag with the folding grip like that. Talk about always haveing "one in the hand".
    That's the .22lr, my daily carry piece, I love it but my only problem with it is that the folding grips is just not well made. They never really fit snug on the gun so there is always a bit of play, and I was having issues with them un-locking when the fun fired until I put some electrical tape inside to add some friction. they really need to add a metal liner.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post

yeah that sounds fun................. to watch maybe ....

Senior Member Silicon Wolverine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post

Come up to SD and visit me and ill let you shoot my 870 marine magnum with a 675 grain RSS round.....

http://youtu.be/PUpn-TnItjo

SW
    Last edited by Silicon Wolverine; 01-18-2012 at 10:42 PM.

IF you read about the 1898 "Widow Maker" you'd be amused.
    Mine has a split bolt too. Big old crack right down the center.

a 600gr breacher would turn that gun into a 10lb bomb.

Perfect for any Yute.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Senior Member Silicon Wolverine's Avatar

*snort* about like the bolt i pulled out a win 1911 12 ga auto a while back.

SW