Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reports: Huntsman out

Reports: Huntsman out

And throwing his support behind Romney, which isn't much but it does mean the moderate wing is now an uncontested race with just Romney while the conservatives continue to split the vote.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

We'll see what happens in S. Carolina. I think it will soon be Romney, Gingrich, Santorum and of course Paul. And then it will go down to Romney and Paul.

I did hear that some consortium of social conservatives all agreed to back Santorum today - but I doubt that will be enough to push him into the lead.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I keep hoping some "white knight" will come riding up and be that republican that we can all truly get behind, the one who believes as we the people do, in the Constitution as the supreme law of the land, and of a government who is there to function as the Constitution directs. Who believes that people are responsible for their own actions and not the government's job to take care of them.

Sorry, I fell and banged my head....

Paul will not get out, he'll go to the end regardless. Is suspect Perry will drop soon after SC, Gingrich I think will stay while I can see Santorum quitting. In a three way race like that Romney wins the nomination.

It's no accident that Huntsman stepped down and endorsed the only other Mormon candidate in the race.

I have no doubt he was pressured by his Church to quit splitting the Mormon vote and unify behind the most likely candidate.

Huntsman was attacking Romney as recently as last week -- his sudden change of heart has no other explanation, unless he received Orders from on High.

The Mormon Church is very invested in this presidential race. And unlike JFK, who put people's minds at ease about becoming the first Roman Catholic president by swearing he would "not take orders from the Vatican or the Pope" -- Romney has made no such pledge.

Romney's (and Huntsman's) loyalty is to the Mormon Church Hierarchy first and foremost, before the law of the land (U.S. Constitution). He will govern according to Mormon doctrines, and they are some very strange doctrines indeed.

Last edited by LAGC; 01-15-2012 at 11:21 PM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

You really have moved on to full on religious bigotry

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    If you have a better explanation of why Huntsman just suddenly decided to withdraw after attacking Romney all these months, then doing an about-face and throwing all his support behind him, I'm all ears.

Something obviously changed his mind.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I also find it quite interesting that I've never seen you use the term "bigotry" in response to all the anti-Muslim threads that tend to get posted here on this board. What makes Mormonism so special and off-limits to criticism? In many ways, its crazier than Islam!
    Last edited by LAGC; 01-16-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    If you have a better explanation of why Huntsman just suddenly decided to withdraw after attacking Romney all these months, then doing an about-face and throwing all his support behind him, I'm all ears.

Huntsman had an all in on NH strategy, he came in 3rd and lost. For a moderate moving into the southern primaries mean he stood even less of a chance to win now that Romney is picking up steam. It was either waste a bunch of his daddy's money sticking in or get out and admit 2012 wasn't his year. Had Romney took a hit in NH and went south losing favor I think he would of stayed in, with Romney doing well the writing was on the wall.

I also find it quite interesting that I've never seen you use the term "bigotry" in response to all the anti-Muslim threads that tend to get posted here on this board. What makes Mormonism so special and off-limits to criticism? In many ways, its crazier than Islam!
    To say others are bigots so you can be a bigot isn't a valid defense.
    I also tend to stay away from such threads out my dislike for even being associated with religious bigots, this bigotry you brought to a thread I started.
    I do not claim to be all that religious but if you search around (most notably a recent Coptic Christian thread) I think I've shown I'm a supporter of religious freedom of all types. I have noted some religions seem more prone to violence then others but at most I've lamented that IMO islam needs a reformation moment and change within as the Christian church went through.
    Last edited by mriddick; 01-16-2012 at 03:18 AM.

To say others are bigots so you can be a bigot isn't a valid defense. I also tend to stay away from such threads out my dislike for even being associated with religious bigots, this bigotry you brought to a thread I started.
    I do not claim to be all that religious but if you search around (most notably a recent Coptic Christian thread) I think I've shown I'm a supporter of religious freedom of all types.
    Well, you may as well say I'm "bigoted" against believers in Santa Claus or the Tooth-Fairy as well, but just because I may ridicule or criticize people who seriously believe in such silly ideas, doesn't mean I'm not tolerant of their right to believe in them. I'd never support trying to censor or ban their churches, by any means.

But I happen to live in an area where there is a heavy Mormon presence, so I've had plenty of opportunities to see them operate first hand. And believe me when I tell you, their loyalty lies to their Church first and foremost, the government a distant second.

I just find the timing of Huntsman's withdrawal suspicious, to say the least. If it was really the New Hampshire results that discouraged him, why didn't he drop out the very next day? Why wait until now? The only thing that makes sense to me is that someone very influential to him convinced him he couldn't win and might be jeopardizing Romney's chances by splitting the Mormon vote. I can't think of very many organizations that would be so concerned...

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I can't think ...
    So very obvious. You go off on things you don't know about.

Reasons why from this mornings media; They expect after SC Perry is getting out and he would get the lion's share of the coverage if they both dropped together (after SC). Daddy pulled the purse strings on his super pac.

Lastly....

It looked like Steven Cobert was going to get more votes and there was no recovery from that.

It looked like Steven Cobert was going to get more votes and there was no recovery from that.

You may be right about that.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I keep hoping some "white knight" will come riding up and be that republican that we can all truly get behind, the one who believes as we the people do, in the Constitution as the supreme law of the land, and of a government who is there to function as the Constitution directs. Who believes that people are responsible for their own actions and not the government's job to take care of them.

Sorry, I fell and banged my head....
    LMFAO.... No doubt on an AK barrel.

How is that possible? The left is so tolerant.

Maybe because he's polling at ZERO? For being the peaceful and tolerant Left you sure do give them a bad name.

So Mormons believe in killing non believers and make a habit out of cutting heads off? This simple post shows me you have no clue whatsoever. My wife works with a lot of Mormans, do you know they typically give a year or more of their lives helping others? Understand they contribute to others a minimum of 10% of their income EVERY single year of their lives? I would think you would be embracing them, but then again it's not gov't TAKING 10% and redistributing it.
    You are a tool, and your facade is wearing thin.

Why don't you describe those ways? Keeping your body clean, giving to others..... Oh man that's crazy alright!

And throwing his support behind Romney, which isn't much but it does mean the moderate wing is now an uncontested race with just Romney while the conservatives continue to split the vote.
    Huntsman said Romney was unelectable last week and now he endorses him this week. see ya douche bag.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    My wife works with a lot of Mormans, do you know they typically give a year or more of their lives helping others?
    How so? Sure, most of the men go on "missions" fresh out of high school, but that's not exactly helping others, that's just spreading the faith, converting mostly other Bible-believing Christians into Mormons.

Understand they contribute to others a minimum of 10% of their income EVERY single year of their lives?
    You mean 10% tithe to the Church? Yeah, I've seen how that works. Mormon welfare only extends to members inside the Church. Not a Mormon and need help? Tough luck. My aunt and uncle saw that first hand during the short time they lived down in Salt Lake City. Eventually, neighbors wouldn't even play with their kids (my cousins) unless they converted to Mormonism. Some real "Mormon love" there.

Islam is real big on charity (only if it promotes the religion) as well: http://www.irfi.org/articles/article...y_in_islam.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast