Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rev. Manning Is Predicting Civil War And Worse....

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Would it be worse to accuse our servicemen of being murderers of innocent civilians?
    It causes me nothing but pain to say this. If we allow history to guide, then we must admit the US military has never failed to act against the US civilian population when so ordered.

MacArthur, Eisenhower, Patton......all acted against WW I veterans many with wives and children.

MacArthur personally took control.....
    Eisenhower acted as MacArthur's aide......
    Patton lead 200 mounted troops with sabers drawn, five tanks were next and then about 300 infantry with rifles loaded and bayonets fixed.

Tear gas - by the hundreds of containers - was indiscriminately thrown into the veterans camps starting fires.........

Wart
    I have not a clue as to what you are trying to say. You feel driven to disagree with almost anything I post and that's fine. However, do try and make your disagreement coherent.

Wart

If you know the history of the Bonus Army (which you must not) to say they were just peaceful civilians setting on the lawn being attacked by the military for no apparent reason doesn't hold up. The premise that the example of what happened to the Bonus Army and any fears we should have today of the military "coming after us" is plain silly.

I would suggest you read up on the Bonus Army.

If you know the history of the Bonus Army (which you must not) to say they were just peaceful civilians setting on the lawn being attacked by the military for no apparent reason doesn't hold up. The premise that the example of what happened to the Bonus Army and any fears we should have today of the military "coming after us" is plain silly.

I would suggest you read up on the Bonus Army.
    You simply will not stop. You just dig and dig your hole deeper.

Here is the thread to which we are responding:

Rev. Manning Is Predicting Civil War And Worse....

Again, I don't know what you are trying to say other than to disagree with me.

Wart

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    It causes me nothing but pain to say this. If we allow history to guide, then we must admit the US military has never failed to act against the US civilian population when so ordered.

MacArthur, Eisenhower, Patton......all acted against WW I veterans many with wives and children.

MacArthur personally took control.....
    Eisenhower acted as MacArthur's aide......
    Patton lead 200 mounted troops with sabers drawn, five tanks were next and then about 300 infantry with rifles loaded and bayonets fixed.

Tear gas - by the hundreds of containers - was indiscriminately thrown into the veterans camps starting fires.........

Wart
    I will say this again. If ordered to place the country under martial law by obummer who is trying to stay in office, the miliatry will not obey. If he does not win the election or if he tries and place the country under martial law before the elections, the military will deny him martial law.

They will follow the Constitution.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

You simply will not stop. You just dig and dig your hole deeper.

Here is the thread to which we are responding:

Rev. Manning Is Predicting Civil War And Worse....

Again, I don't know what you are trying to say other than to disagree with me.

Wart
    Yes I've stated IMO there will be no civil war, did I misunderstand your post that you were saying there could be because the military is known to fire on innocent civilians? If so then yes you can say I disagree with that and it's silly to bring the Bonus Army into the discussion if you know the history of what happened then.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Yes I've stated IMO there will be no civil war, did I misunderstand your post that you were saying there could be because the military is known to fire on innocent civilians? If so then yes you can say I disagree with that and it's silly to bring the Bonus Army into the discussion if you know the history of what happened then.
    I'd opine that Wart has a good point, in that what ya'll are talking about happening today is going to be a lot worse than the Bonus Marchers, thus the army's history of firing on civilians may be a valid point to expect in a worse case action.

I never used the word "fire". I never used the word "innocent".

I posted:

.......the US military has never failed to act against the US civilian population when so ordered.
    I used the Bonus Army as an example of the military acting against civilians when so ordered.

Do you have some examples of the US military failing to act against US civilians when so ordered ? Is that what you're trying to say ??

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    I'd opine that Wart has a good point, in that what ya'll are talking about happening today is going to be a lot worse than the Bonus Marchers, thus the army's history of firing on civilians may be a valid point to expect in a worse case action.
    As I've stated if you know the history of the Bonus Army I'm doubtful anyone could say they were truly innocent. IMO there is a popular history of what been taught about the Bonus Army and the real history, IMO that's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Yes......and in an insurrection we would likely be much more guilty than the Bonus Marchers. Certainly National Guard armories would need to be sacked early. Would those fleeing with the weapons be patriots or thieves ?? Depends on who is deciding I would think.

Wart

The victor gets to write the history...

As I've stated if you know the history of the Bonus Army I'm doubtful anyone could say they were truly innocent. IMO there is a popular history of what been taught about the Bonus Army and the real history, IMO that's the difference.

YOU are the only person who continually uses the word "INNOCENT".

Wart

YOU are the only person who continually uses the word "INNOCENT".

Wart
    Truly innocent... Again until you read the history (real) I'm not sure this is going to go much further.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

I dunno...yeah I'm sure the govt could call out the tropps and start killing people. There are always going to be "loyal" troops and these will be sent in first since they're the most likely to obey their orders.

The real question is how will the units that aren't as loyal react when their friends and neighbors start getting killed by the govt and it's stooges.

Remember what happened in Russia when the Czar called out the troops to restore order.

Will our soldiers blindly follow the orders of a tyrant or will there be an American Potemkin to fire on those who do?
    Last edited by weevil; 01-18-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Truly innocent... Again until you read the history (real) I'm not sure this is going to go much further.
    The only things I could say are cutting and cruel.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    I dunno...yeah I'm sure the govt could call out the tropps and start killing people. There are always going to be "loyal" troops and these will be sent in first since they're the most likely to obey their orders.

The real question is how will the units that aren't as loyal react when their friends and neighbors start getting killed by the govt and it's stooges.

Remember what happened in Russia when the Czar called out the troops to restore order.

Will our soldiers blindly follow the orders of a tyrant or will there be a American Potemikin to fire on those who do?
    I 'THINK' in the early parts of an uprising most of the troops will follow orders. If the uprising is not quickly quelled, then I think units will begin to cease following orders.

Wart

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

I 'THINK' in the early parts of an uprising most of the troops will follow orders. If the uprising is not quickly quelled, then I think units will begin to cease following orders.

Wart

Oh I'm sure the early stages will be a slaughter as the "loyalists" massacre the protesters.

Then comes the reaction from the rest of the populous and most importantly the elements of the military who don't support the govt as fanatically.

Will they standly idly by as their fellow citizens are murdered or join them?

There have been more than a few instances in the history of the world where the troops sent out to shoot the protesters joined them instead.

Sure our troops have always obeyed their orders, the Bonus Marchers, Ludlow, Kent State, but then there was no question as of the rule of the govt or the validity of their orders.

Nowadays we're talikng about a corrupt and bankrupt govt that has lost the faith of the people and has violated the Constitution, sending them out to kill those protesting,.

Will the troops of today show it the same loyalty as they have past govts???

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    If the first protesters are those on the government teat, how many of us will feel sorry for them if the army does go after them?

If there are a lot of inner city blacks protesting, I wouldn't think many black soldiers would go after them. If it is hispanic that riot, the hispanic soldiers won't go after them. If everybody riots, who will go after who.

It seems most think a civil war will happen when the economy crashes and the government can't pay off those who depend on them. If the government is broke you can bet the military will be the last one's to be paid, one thing to consider will be how motivated an unpaid military will be in going after civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by dishman View Post
    i have to +1 that,once the free ride ends in the urban area..all hell will break loose there.
    the irony is of coarse,most of the libtards that have pushed for this nannystate/handouts for votes or for there own guilt will be the ones to pay,as they also inhabit said urban areas,albeit the society hill sections,not north philly.
    like my dad said,repubs are dems that got mugged.
    they are also the same congresscritters who've screamed "blame whitey" for generations

And that's just how it will go down. Seems to me I recall some diversities declaring that the next time they had a riot it would be in whitey's neighborhood. But we shall see.

It seems most think a civil war will happen when the economy crashes and the government can't pay off those who depend on them. If the government is broke you can bet the military will be the last one's to be paid, one thing to consider will be how motivated an unpaid military will be in going after civilians.
    And I expect the military to at least split. the Q is who's argument are they going to believe. The conservatives or the liberals?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast