Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republicans Fume as Keystone Oil Pipeline Rejected

Republicans Fume as Keystone Oil Pipeline Rejected

The environmentalists said they would only back 0bama if he stopped this pipeline! Lo, and behold, he stopped it!!! Any body here surprised by this move?
    November can't come soon enough!

Republicans fume as Keystone oil pipeline rejected

WASHINGTON/CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - The Obama Administration rejected the Keystone oil pipeline on Wednesday, a move that Republicans decried for sacrificing jobs and energy security in order to shore up the president's environmental base before elections.

President Barack Obama said the administration denied TransCanada's application for the $7 billion Canada-to-Texas oil sands pipeline because there was not enough time to review an alternate route that would avoid a sensitive aquifer in Nebraska -- within a 60-day window set by Congress.

The Canadian firm quickly said it would re-apply for the permit, which it first sought in 2008. But U.S. officials said it would still take more than a year for the State Department to complete a new environmental review -- pushing any final decision on the line well beyond November's elections.

Rest of story here: http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-fu...003549853.html
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    There are over 600,000 miles of buried pipeline running through this country. The industry has proven that they can bury pipe without harming the environment.

obama-messiah must really hate this country.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

20,000 jobs and 7 billion dollars... and that does not include refining of the oil, just building the pipeline...

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

It's official, Obama wants to deny, destroy and decimate the economy, contrary to his last minute fake media blitz on creating jobs. Kinda weird cause the unions wanted these jobs too.

They'd rather hand out fucking food stamps!

" blah blah blah blah, New progress , blah blah create jobs, Blahblah"

ABSOLUTELYFUCKINGNOTHING!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW FUCK IT.

Novembers Coming ASSHOLE!
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    T
    Novembers Coming ASSHOLE!
    Yep and he has it sown up with illegal votes for an illegal pretender to the thrown.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Yeah I keep saying I can't wait until november, but so far the republican national committee has shown that they want four more years of obama-destructor.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Yeah I keep saying I can't wait until november, but so far the republican national committee has shown that they want four more years of obama-destructor.
    Deep down I know... no matter what.

Same Shit Different day.

CASH
    RULES
    EVERYTHING
    AROUND
    ME
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post

obama-messiah must really hate this country.
    But don't worry. We have TONS of Republican haters on this forum who would HAND another term back to Obama. Not saying that they want to. But that they're too stupid to realize that's exactly what they are doing .......

Romney, Gingrich, Santorum or Paul... I really don't think the problem is all the Republican haters fault.

Question

Just to play devil's advocate here, but how exactly (beyond the initial jobs created for the construction of the pipeline itself) would this pipeline benefit America? Isn't this project mainly for shipping Canadian oil to MEXICO?

What's so wrong with shipping the oil the old-fashioned way (long-haul truckers)? What about all those trucker jobs that are going to be lost thanks to this pipeline?

And wouldn't that pipeline be a prime target for terrorists? Foreign or domestic?

Imagine the environmental damage if millions of gallons spewed out due to a terrorist attack... anywhere along the thousands of miles of unguarded pipe.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

What about all those trucker jobs that are going to be lost thanks to this pipeline?
    thats the other side of it.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I am pretty sure there are safe guards against truly massive spills, like some kind of pressure sensor with control of valves. Can’t have all your product being wasted. The threat of attack is always there, but is low. We have had terrorists, muzzie & ecofreaks, around for many years now.

I think O is just stalling till after the election, and then he will backstab the environmentalists on this. Remember that the project is on hold while they look for a new route. If anyone calls him on it, his talking heads will say he is just hammering out the details. If the environmentalists ask about it, he will hint that it is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate here, but how exactly (beyond the initial jobs created for the construction of the pipeline itself) would this pipeline benefit America? Isn't this project mainly for shipping Canadian oil to MEXICO?

What's so wrong with shipping the oil the old-fashioned way (long-haul truckers)? What about all those trucker jobs that are going to be lost thanks to this pipeline?

And wouldn't that pipeline be a prime target for terrorists? Foreign or domestic?

Imagine the environmental damage if millions of gallons spewed out due to a terrorist attack... anywhere along the thousands of miles of unguarded pipe.
    We'd get money regardless on every barrel passing through, it's how the payment structure is set up, plus we'd get to control it. Most of the pipe line would be underground, made and maintained mostly by Americans. We do not get to dictate how the oil will go, it's either going south to us or it's going west to China. The chances of a spill by truck is greater then by pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Romney, Gingrich, Santorum or Paul... I really don't think the problem is all the Republican haters fault.
    They're surely not helping.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    But don't worry. We have TONS of Republican haters on this forum who would HAND another term back to Obama. Not saying that they want to. But that they're too stupid to realize that's exactly what they are doing .......
    I will not vote for Barry Obama* but, when I look at the Rethuglican field, I wonder if Republicans in control of Congress and a grid locked Barry may not be the best avenue available.

Wart

*I sure as hell won't vote for Mittens or Newt either. Comparatively, Ron Paul is looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Focused Gunfire View Post

I think O is just stalling till after the election......

Yup

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Deep down I know... no matter what.

Same Shit Different day.
    We can yell and scream but............

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    I will not vote for Barry Obama* but, when I look at the Rethuglican field, I wonder if Republicans in control of Congress and a grid locked Barry may not be the best avenue available.

Wart

*I sure as hell won't vote for Mittens or Newt either. Comparatively, Ron Paul is looking good.

I think the most important are the 34 seats in the Senate, 23 being dem controled, taking control and keeping control of the House. Our dear, "missing piece" would either get in the habit of doing what the people want, or get impeached for what will eventually be uncovered.
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    I wonder if Republicans in control of Congress and a grid locked Barry may not be the best avenue available.
    That is something I was thinking favorably about as well. Since the economic recovery will take some time, the Democrats can falsely lay ALL of the blame (for Obama's misdeeds) at the feet of the Republicans. Gridlock is good, but actively repealing bad stuff is better.

But we will still have Eric Holder and all those SECRET weird rulings and regulations that bypass Congress (Like ATF's multiple rifle sale reporting requirement) that Republicans don't even see before they're the 'law of the land'......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast