Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Dozen High School Girls in New York Come Down With Mystery Illness

it just makes you another dolt who believed what they read on the internet because it was scary, made them feel "in the know", and sounding like it might make sense what with you already being afraid of getting shots.

How is this different than reading a flu shot pamphlet you got at wallgreens and believing it? Or anyone else who gets kick backs from big pharma?
    Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property – until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Flu vaccine stops influenza in only 1.5 out of 100 adults who get the shots

Let's start with the actual numbers from the study.

The "control group" of adults consisted of 13,095 non-vaccinated adults who were monitored to see if they caught influenza. Over 97% of them did not. Only 357 of them caught influenza, which means only 2.7% of these adults caught the flu in the first place.

The "treatment group" consisted of adults who were vaccinated with a trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine. Out of this group, according to the study, only 1.2% did not catch the flu.

The difference between these two groups is 1.5 people out of 100.

So even if you believe this study, and even if you believe all the pro-vaccine hype behind it, the truly "scientific" conclusion from this is rather astonishing:

Flu vaccines only prevent the flu in 1.5 out of every 100 adults injected with the vaccine!

http://www.naturalnews.com/033998_in...ctiveness.html

YA I'd say you right with it's not 100% effective. Hell it's not even 2% effective.
    Last edited by justinsaneok; 01-22-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property – until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

http://www.naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=A1...3290536575C723
    In this video Bill Gates talks about Co2. Laughable I know. Till 2:30 when he talks about how to get the numbers down. Population, "If we do a really good job with the medical industry and vaccinating we can get the population down 10 or 15%." This is a vaccine pusher. This is a man who wants to admittedly kill us with vaccines. This is not the only time he says this very same thing. He and his buddies want us to die. People are being killed and damaged by vaccines. Plain and simple. They will create disease and save us from it to gain trust and then they will kill us with the same programs. Eugenics. Same thing Hitler did. Without military force.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Flu vaccines are a "best guess" by the vaccine makers as to which starin of flu will hit. They genetically alter the virus into what they think it will, under natural influences, evolve into and make their vaccines from that strain. It may, or may not, be the one that hits. If it is, or is close enough, then the vaccine helps; if not, then it doesn't do much against it.

You can't compare small pox or polio to the flu as they are different entities entirely. The small pox virus hasn't changed, nor has the polio virus, so vaccines for them are almost 100% effective. The flu virus is constantly changing and offers more a a "moving target" for the vaccine makers.

Personally, I don't get the flu shots anymore as I put all my faith in large, daily doses of vitamin C. I've had the flu twice in the last 20 years, and it didn't last very long when I got it. I work in a public school system, so I'm right in the thick of it when it comes around.

I'm a strong believer in vaccines for specific viruses, but I don't consider the flu a "specific" virus.

Natural news is a source that is trying to tell people not to get the vaccine.

This is the very definition of biased.

Do you understand that?

Actually go to the link they provide as their "proof" and read what it says.

The did a survey of studies to try to determine overall effectiveness.

The conclusion, which you can read at the bottom clearly states

Influenza vaccines can provide moderate protection against virologically confirmed influenza, but such protection is greatly reduced or absent in some seasons. Evidence for protection in adults aged 65 years or older is lacking. LAIVs consistently show highest efficacy in young children (aged 6 months to 7 years). New vaccines with improved clinical efficacy and effectiveness are needed to further reduce influenza-related morbidity and mortality.
    http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...295-X/abstract

It seems to me Natural News bought a copy of the thing and then used it to find the lowest data set available. That is to say find the study of the one season where it seemed to work the least and then print that in order to conform to their agenda. And seeing as the study studied studies going back to the late 1960's that shouldn't have been all that hard to find several years where the scientists guessed wrong on what the strain of common flu would be.

But even for those bad years an extra 1.5 people out of 100 ends up as quite a large number given that roughly 100 million people get the flu shot.

By the way is rather easy to see that they manipulated the data to show the least effect, usually between 10 and 20% of the population are infected with the flu every year

http://www.naturalnews.com/026940_va..._children.html

• In the USA in 1960, two virologists discovered that both polio vaccines were contaminated with the SV 40 virus which causes cancer in animals as well as changes in human cell tissue cultures. Millions of children had been injected with these vaccines. (Med Jnl of Australia 17/3/1973 p555)

• In 1871-2, England, with 98% of the population aged between 2 and 50 vaccinated against smallpox, it experienced its worst ever smallpox outbreak with 45,000 deaths. During the same period in Germany, with a vaccination rate of 96%, there were over 125,000 deaths from smallpox. (http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/020...)
    The Hadwen Documents

• In Germany, compulsory mass vaccination against diphtheria commenced in 1940 and by 1945 diphtheria cases were up from 40,000 to 250,000. (Don't Get Stuck, Hannah Allen)

• In 1967, Ghana was declared measles free by the World Health Organisation after 96% of its population was vaccinated. In 1972, Ghana experienced one of its worst measles outbreaks with its highest ever mortality rate. (Dr H Albonico, MMR Vaccine Campaign in Switzerland, March 1990)

• In 1977, Dr Jonas Salk who developed the first polio vaccine, testified along with other scientists, that mass inoculation against polio was the cause of most polio cases throughout the USA since 1961. (Science 4/4/77 "Abstracts" )

• In the UK between 1970 and 1990, over 200,000 cases of whooping cough occurred in fully vaccinated children. (Community Disease Surveillance Centre, UK)

• In the 1970's a tuberculosis vaccine trial in India involving 260,000 people revealed that more cases of TB occurred in the vaccinated than the unvaccinated. (The Lancet 12/1/80 p73)

• In 1978, a survey of 30 States in the US revealed that more than half of the children who contracted measles had been adequately vaccinated. (The People's Doctor, Dr R Mendelsohn)

• The February 1981 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association found that 90% of obstetricians and 66% of pediatricians refused to take the rubella vaccine.

• In 1979, Sweden abandoned the whooping cough vaccine due to its ineffectiveness. Out of 5,140 cases in 1978, it was found that 84% had been vaccinated three times! (BMJ 283:696-697, 1981)

• In the USA, the cost of a single DPT shot had risen from 11 cents in 1982 to $11.40 in 1987. The manufacturers of the vaccine were putting aside $8 per shot to cover legal costs and damages they were paying out to parents of brain damaged children and children who died after vaccination. (The Vine, Issue 7, January 1994, Nambour, Qld)

• In Oman between 1988 and 1989, a polio outbreak occurred amongst thousands of fully vaccinated children. The region with the highest attack rate had the highest vaccine coverage. The region with the lowest attack rate had the lowest vaccine coverage. (The Lancet, 21/9/91)

• In 1990, a UK survey involving 598 doctors revealed that over 50% of them refused to have the Hepatitis B vaccine despite belonging to the high risk group urged to be vaccinated. (British Med Jnl, 27/1/1990)

• In the USA, from July 1990 to November 1993, the US Food and Drug Administration counted a total of 54,072 adverse reactions following vaccination. The FDA admitted that this number represented only 10% of the real total, because most doctors were refusing to report vaccine injuries. In other words, adverse reactions for this period exceeded half a million! (National Vaccine Information Centre, March 2, 1994)

• In 1990, the Journal of the American Medical Association had an article on measles which stated " Although more than 95% of school-aged children in the US are vaccinated against measles, large measles outbreaks continue to occur in schools and most cases in this setting occur among previously vaccinated children." (JAMA, 21/11/90)

• In the New England Journal of Medicine July 1994 issue a study found that over 80% of children under 5 years of age who had contracted whooping cough had been fully vaccinated.

• On November 2nd, 2000, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) announced that its members voted at their 57th annual meeting in St Louis to pass a resolution calling for an end to mandatory childhood vaccines. The resolution passed without a single "no" vote. http://www.wellnesschiro.com/physic...
    (Report by Michael Devitt)

Just sayin: )
    Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/026940_va...#ixzz1kFMtke5x
    Last edited by justinsaneok; 01-22-2012 at 10:11 PM.

And I'm sure the list goes on and on. Some of it being actual mistakes, some being coincidence, some bad luck or poor judgment.

However their is no doubt whatsoever that modern medicine has overall improved health, lengthened lifespans, and saves lives every hour of every day.

If you prefer chanting or prayer or burning incense, then by all means go right on ahead, just please cover your face when you cough

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Vaccine has it's place. It's does save lives. Getting a flu shot every year when you are a perfectly healthy 30 year old is silly. The old or those with poor immune systems is where it needs to be directed. Anything else is about money...IMO.

Thank god for polio, whooping cough, measles and small pox vaccines. To name a few.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

I think for some things vaccines are very needed, others not so much. I don't know if I had a daughter I'd get her a gardisil type vaccine, heck I might go so far as to tell her she's not protected so consider that as a reason not to practice unsafe sex...

I guess the logic of being anti vaccine means you have to against them all which in the end is a pretty undefendable position considering history.
    Last edited by mriddick; 01-22-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Due to a complaint, I have changed the word "fuck" to the word "hell".

I apologize to any who were offended.

Those who are still offended by the word "hell" can fuck off!

Seriously though, I'm sorry. I looked behind me and saw I had crossed the line. I will try to keep the tone a bit lighter in the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123