Thread: Iowa flip-flop: Santorum wins final count by 34 votes

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Iowa flip-flop: Santorum wins final count by 34 votes

Breaking_news

The Washington Times
    by: Stephen Dinan
    Thursday, January 19, 2012

With the official count in for the Jan. 3 Iowa caucuses, Rick Santorum stole the lead from Mitt Romney by 34 votes. Though officials are calling it a wash, the results test Romney's air of inevitability. Photo Credit:AP

In a stunning turn of events, Rick Santorum now appears to have won the Iowa caucuses, though the state’s Republican Party says there are too many holes in the results for them to ever be able to say for certain.

Read more at: http://times247.com/articles/iowa-fl...torum-up-by-34
    Oh, oh, Romney not invincible?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Anybody but Obamney.

Romney and Santorum are Siamese twins on gun control. Both are strong proponents of the 2nd on the campaign trail but both are for the AWB. There is little difference between them. Asked what he thought about the UN gun control treaty and Santorum refused to answer.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Romney and Santorum are Siamese twins on gun control. Both are strong proponents of the 2nd on the campaign trail but both are for the AWB. There is little difference between them. Asked what he thought about the UN gun control treaty and Santorum refused to answer.
    Say what? How about providing some documentation on Santorum being for the AWB for starters. I find that highly unlikely. You're full of shit in fact.

Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence.

Vote to pass a bill that would block certain civil lawsuits against manufacturers, distributors, dealers and importers of firearms and ammunition, mainly those lawsuits aimed at making them liable for gun violence. In this bill, trade groups would also be protected The bill would call for the dismissal of pending lawsuits against the gun industry. The exception would be lawsuits regarding a defect in a weapon or ammunition. It also would provide a 10-year reauthorization of the assault weapons ban which is set to expire in September 2004. The bill would increase the penalties for gun-related violent or drug trafficking crimes which have not resulted in death, to a minimum of 15 years imprisonment. The bill calls for criminal background checks on all firearm transactions at gun shows where at least 75 guns are sold. Exemptions would be made available for dealers selling guns from their homes as well as members-only gun swaps and meets carried out by nonprofit hunting clubs.

I remember that. I was on the phone with the NRA that day when the scumbags in the Senate attached a renewal on the AWB to the lawsuit bill, and the NRA said kill the bill, that's what they did. Santorum voted against the lawsuit bill because the AWB renewal was attached to it by guess who.....Reid and his cohorts.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 01-21-2012 at 04:23 PM.

I thought Iowa was still "unresolved." Meaning the didn't have a real count so the news made up a winner.
    Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property – until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Despite Christian evangelical leaders uniting behind Santorum, conservatives are abandoning him and rallying around Newt in a last ditch effort to stop Mittens:

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Look at the Drudge poll http://drudgereport.com/
    Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property – until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Sounds like someone is falling for liberal BS:
    http://gunowners.org/a010912.htm

Was Romney ever really expected to win SC? Except for a few polls right after NH I don't think he was ever expected to win SC. This could just be the MSM trying to talk up Gingrich and make a race out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Say what? How about providing some documentation on Santorum being for the AWB for starters. I find that highly unlikely. You're full of shit in fact.
    Rick Santorum’s anti-gun history

Posted on January 2, 2012 by NAGR Staff
    Rick Santorum is stonewalling gun owners.
    He is refusing to tell gun owners in Iowa where he stands on important Second Amendment issues.
    Despite repeated attempts for Rick Santorum to return his National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Survey 100% in favor of our gun rights, he has time and time again remained silent.

The fact is, Rick Santorum does have a long history of supporting gun control.
    In the 90s, he voted to support the Lautenberg Gun Ban, which stripped law-abiding gun owners of their Second Amendment rights for life, simply because they spanked their children or did nothing more than grab a spouses wrist.

He voted for a bill in 1999 disguised as an attempt to increase penalties on drug traffickers with guns… but it also included a provision to require federal background checks at gun shows.

And then he voted with gun-controlling Democrats Dianne Fienstein and Frank Lautenberg to mandate locks on handguns in 2005.

But worst of all, Rick Santorum has a storied history of bailing out anti-gun Republicans facing reelection.

Rick Santorum came to anti-gun Arlen Specter’s defense in 2004 when he was down in the polls against pro-gun Republican Pat Toomey. Specter won and continued to push for gun control during his years in the Senate.

He also supported and openly campaigned for anti-gun New Jersey governor, Christine Todd Whitman.

The evidence is clear. Not only is Rick Santorum refusing to reveal where he stands on important Second Amendment issues, he has a long record of supporting anti-gun legislation and politicians.

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/ric...i-gun-history/
    Who is full of shit? I read the same link that you did but I also read a few others and there were more like this one than there were pro-gun reports. What you posted was his running for office campaign stand. I'm looking at his history.

THUCYDIDES.

The only place you are getting your BS Santorum is antigun crap is from Democrat sources.

"Let me take a minute or two right now to remind you about the positions of the four Presidential candidates who have so far refused to return their National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Survey."

Nothing to do with the NRA or GOA you fucking fool. Another antigun front that you either fell for or working for.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 01-21-2012 at 09:19 PM.

In the 90s, he voted to support the Lautenberg Gun Ban, which stripped law-abiding gun owners of their Second Amendment rights for life, simply because they spanked their children or did nothing more than grab a spouses wrist.
    OR beat their wife senseless for burning the toast... It's all how you sell (or spin) it.

That said my main problem with the Lautenburg Amendment was it was retroactive, being it's been on the books awhile now that is slowly becoming less of a problem (as most in conflict with the law now have been done so after the bill was passed).

The only place you are getting your BS Santorum is antigun crap is from Democrat sources.

"Let me take a minute or two right now to remind you about the positions of the four Presidential candidates who have so far refused to return their National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Survey."

Nothing to do with the NRA or GOA you fucking fool. Another antigun front that you either fell for or working for.
    September 13, 2006 Voted against Senate amendment 4999 Security of Cargo Containers amendment which would mean inspecting 100% of the shipping containers entering the country because Walmart opposed it.

July 18, 2006 Voted against HR 810 Stem cell Research Bill of 3005 for research and collection of stem cells which could possibly help patients of debilitating diseases and genetic maladies. At the same time his PAC collected $50,000 from stem cell research companies.

September 30, 1996 voted for the Lautenberg amendment, Sec. 658 Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban. The act bans shipment, transport, ownership and use of guns or ammunition by individuals convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence or who are under a restraining order in all 50 states. Until they wrote in an exemption that meant any soldier or police officer with a misdemeanor conviction would not be allowed to use their weapons and would be discharged from service.

May 20, 1999 voted for the Lautenberg bill HR 1501, Juvenile Justice Bill which mandated background checks at gun shows. Most Republicans were against it but Santorum was for it.

July 29, 2005 voted for S 397, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act with the Feinstein and Lautenberg amendment mandating gun locks

Yeah yeah you are brilliant and I am a moron, This is all in the senate record not from any group or publication look it up yourself genius.

THUCYDIDES.

I would like to apologize to you for the insults. I'll blame the drink a little yesterday, it was uncalled for in my responses to you.

I would like to apologize to you for the insults. I'll blame the drink a little yesterday, it was uncalled for in my responses to you.
    Apology accepted.

THUCYDIDES.