Thread: Montanans Announce Recall Of NDAA Supporting Senators

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Montanans Announce Recall Of NDAA Supporting Senators

Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:02
    Posted By: Susoni
    Date: Thursday, 19-Jan-2012 00:11:24

Moving quickly on Christmas Day after the US Senate voted 86 – 14 to pass the National Defense Authorization Act of 2011 (NDAA) which according to the American Civil Liberties Union allows for the indefinite military detention of American citizens without charge or trial, Montanans announced the launch of recall campaigns against Senators Max Baucus and Jonathan Tester, who voted for the bill.

Montana is one of nine states with provisions that say that the right of recall extends to recalling members of its federal congressional delegation, pursuant to Montana Code 2-16-603, on the grounds of physical or mental lack of fitness, incompetence, violation of oath of office, official misconduct, or conviction of certain felony offenses.

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1646/...Bandwagon.html

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Wow that is good news. I think I keep liking Montana more and more.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

...which according to the American Civil Liberties Union...
    To me they either they are group you don't side with or you do, picking and choosing seems philosophically "soft" IMO. I would maintain to reach the opinion the ACLU came to you'd have to ignore the actual writing in the law and recent precedent setting SCOUS rulings against it.

That said I think it's sort of funny the basis of the ACLU's fears is in this is they fear revisionist judges could come along with a different reading and "change" the law as they politically see fit in the future. That's right, the ACLU is fearful that a judge with the ability to read anything they want into law could mean a law like this could turn into something it was never originally meant to. Sort of like the way the ACLU pioneered for many of their own landmark wins...

To me it seems intellectually dishonest to "declare" that every position taken by any group is wrong simply because of who that group is.
    If the ACLU or the NAACP or even the American Communist Party makes a claim then I will evaluate that claim based on it's merits and not discount it out of hand on bias.

By the way.
    Here is the text of the NDAA as adopted.
    http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112...id=t0:enr:5439
    The relevant text is section 1021 and 1022(the link should take you to the top of 1021).
    This is just my opinion and it's entirely correct.