Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNN is saying Nute won before 1% of votes are in.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Personally, I'm delighted to see Newt win. A year or so ago, they asked Romney what his response would be if we were attacked by an Arab nation. His answer was that first, he would have to consult the lawyers before doing anything. WHAT????? His response should have been that within a half hour, the country that attacked us would be a crumbled mess!

To me, he's another politician that speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Now, we find out that Romney's net worth is $271 million dollars and he only pays 15% tax, which is a much less percentage than we working stiffs pay.

I do give him credit for his success in life, but would feel uncomfortable with him as our leader.

Quote Originally Posted by az_paul View Post
    Now, we find out that Romney's net worth is $271 million dollars and he only pays 15% tax, which is a much less percentage than we working stiffs pay.

I do give him credit for his success in life, but would feel uncomfortable with him as our leader.
    Yep. Mitt didn't start sinking in the polls until Newt and Perry hung Bain Capital around his neck like a mill-stone. How ironic that the current Republican front-runner got ahead by bashing capitalism and the most capitalistic candidate (Romney) in the race, and appealing to populist working-class sentiment.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

If obama was smart he'd start pushing to take capital gains tax from 15% to standard income rates. If Mitt does end up winning it would be a huge selling point against him, if Newt pulls it off he'd have a hard time defending raising the rate.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by az_paul View Post
    Personally, I'm delighted to see Newt win. A year or so ago, they asked Romney what his response would be if we were attacked by an Arab nation. His answer was that first, he would have to consult the lawyers before doing anything. WHAT????? His response should have been that within a half hour, the country that attacked us would be a crumbled mess!

To me, he's another politician that speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

I don't think Mittens is any worse than Barry.

Newt.......Newt scares me bad. Newt doesn't even know what he's going to do.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    How ironic that the current Republican front-runner got ahead by bashing capitalism and the most capitalistic candidate (Romney) in the race, and appealing to populist working-class sentiment.

Ironic for sure. However, little can surprise me where the US electorate is concerned.

Wart

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Latest numbers:

Gingrich - 243,153 - 40.4%
    Romney - 167,279 - 27.8%
    Santorum - 102,055 - 17.0%
    Paul - 77,993 - 13.0%

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Mitt scared me in the debate last week when he stated he WHOLE-HEARTEDLY supports the domestic military law that destroys the 4th and 5th amendments. How can you swear to defend the constitution and support laws that rip it to shreds?

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Barry would rather run against Newt with his freight train load of baggage.

Wart
    At least we know what is on the manifest
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    I don't think Mittens is any worse than Barry.

Newt.......Newt scares me bad. Newt doesn't even know what he's going to do

Wart
    He has run the congress before, he has more experience than the rest. I am tired of pussies, I want a Lion.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Contributor 05/2012

Quote Originally Posted by justinsaneok View Post
    What a joke main stream media is. I smell vote fraud. Watch this crap at CNN.
    So did FoxNews. Exactly at 7:00PM when the polls closed.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    He has run the congress before, he has more experience than the rest. I am tired of pussies, I want a Lion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6n_-wB154

This look like a lion or a pussy....well two pussies actually.

Wart

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Not a huge fan of Newt but it was nice to see all the personal attacks and mudslinging by the media fail miserably.

As with Herman Cain they tried the same old trick of dragging out his dirty laundry and going after his personal life rather than his ability to govern.

An interview with a spiteful ex-wife right before the primary!

So much for the idea that Newt's "baggage" would bring him down, looks more like the usual dirty tricks and personal attacks blew-up in their face this time.
    Last edited by weevil; 01-22-2012 at 04:07 PM.

I think it had less to do with MR’s money, and more to do with people just not being all that excited about him. His RINO past really cools people’s jets. Also Newt had a stellar debate performance right before SC.

I'm waiting for the 1st debate...

There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I wouldn't put it past the media to supply Obama with all the questions before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I wouldn't put it past the media to supply Obama with all the questions before hand.
    Me too.
    He better have a fast teleprompter typist.
    If he doesn't stutter, we know somethings up.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Last edited by justinsaneok; 01-22-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property – until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12