Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surviving The Coming Outbreak

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Lightbulb Surviving The Coming Outbreak

A Public Service Announcement, to be viewed & taken into consideration by true-believers & skeptics alike:

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

C'mon dammit.

Doesn't any right-thinking concerned GN'er have an opinion on this guy's zombie-slaying choice of weapon & tactics?

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    C'mon dammit.

Doesn't any right-thinking concerned GN'er have an opinion on this guy's zombie-slaying choice of weapon & tactics?
    He sucks with an 870. The next round should be chambered on recoil. Not 10 seconds later after he "killed" the zombie. The zombies friend would be dining on his brains because he was complacent. The man needs more training. Cool lane he created there for himself though.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

You asked for it: the guy is too damn slow, noisy and his reloading times are pathetic. That aside anyone who is actually worried about zombies need to put down the pipe. Don't get me wrong ;I want it to keep the BS going in but only for the fact that it sells guns & makes them socially appealing to a broader audience. Fun; yes. a credible threat to us? Not hardly.
    Last edited by Sergi762; 01-22-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: grammar

Are you kidding me? Hickok45 is a living Youtube legend. The guy puts out some of the best gunshooting vids out there!

More credible than you think, but very farfetched still.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    More credible than you think, but very farfetched still.
    I'm not saying its flat out impossible but the hype, at least where I am, is almost hysterical. IS such a concept disturbing? Yes...Hell yes.. If the dead come back and attack; you can bet me and an 8mm are going to be doing some serious head splitting but the chances of a zombie outbreak actually happening are worse than me winning the lottery.I just think we have a lot more credible threats on our hands right now.. and as for Hickok45:I'm a big fan but zombies...mehhh

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    Are you kidding me? Hickok45 is a living Youtube legend. The guy puts out some of the best gunshooting vids out there!
    Rage,I think his vids are great too. I gave my opinion as was requested. I'm sure Chris Costa or some of you here on GN would criticize my technique of the M4 and I've been using the M4 or the M16 professionally for over 2 decades now. Identifying problems is how we improve. Hickok45 needs some work on that 870, just like I need a shit ton of work on my handgun skills because they suck.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

The terrain looks VERY close to how my place looks. I wonder where he is at?
    Last edited by El Laton Caliente; 01-22-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    Well say what you want about Hickok but from what I've seen of his shooting videos, I wouldn't get within a mile of his shooting
    range without an invite. He's very familiar with a full range of weapons. As far as Zombies go, take off the tin foil and sell all of
    that canned food you have before it expires. If a plague comes it will be like a ghost in the night and the CDC calculates that
    even a major outbreak would probably only affect about one in every 10,000. I'll take my chances.
    Just me and my monkey....

Do you guys realize he was joking about training for a zombie outbreak? The comment about "documentaries" like Night of the Living Dead should have been a.... dead give away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Do you guys realize he was joking about training for a zombie outbreak? The comment about "documentaries" like Night of the Living Dead should have been a.... dead give away.
    "Z" day cometh, the end is nigh! Prepare disbeliever, for the Zombie apocalypse is upon us!

Last edited by btcave; 01-22-2012 at 10:30 PM.

I think they are going with the idea that zombie is a euphemism for what happens in a civil/social unrest situation such as the cut off of welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I think they are going with the idea that zombie is a euphemism for what happens in a civil/social unrest situation such as the cut off of welfare.
    Yeah I think when people talk about zombie stuff for fun its a euphemism for people trying to hurt your family or something. Or a method to make it more fun talking about survival stuff maybe.

On a much more serious note I always thought a shot gun would be one of the worst weapons you could have in a zombie outbreak, low capacity, slow firing wouldn't something like a AK with a big drum be better?

Yeah I think when people talk about zombie stuff for fun its a euphemism for people trying to hurt your family or something. Or a method to make it more fun talking about survival stuff maybe.

On a much more serious note I always thought a shot gun would be one of the worst weapons you could have in a zombie outbreak, low capacity, slow firing wouldn't something like a AK with a big drum be better?
    I figure if that time ever comes I only need to fight my way to my land, for that I'll be in a big 4X4 with a draco and AMD on the seat beside me I'm not going hunting, I'm going defending...

I figure if that time ever comes I only need to fight my way to my land, for that I'll be in a big 4X4 with a draco and AMD on the seat beside me I'm not going hunting, I'm going defending...
    Same with me. Cept ill have an AR n G3. No hero shit here, just defending the homestead.

I've seen most of his vids too, he is slow with a shot gun but sure does make up for it with a glock, and other pistols. Everyone has what they kickass with and what they lack skills with. As for the zombies (or welfare fuckers) glock 19 some 33rd mags and M4gery with acog for me and I'll be set.

I think I'd have the draco and AMD since I could move them around from left to right and not have to worry about them being overly long.

Nah, just get yourself a Saiga with those big honkin' 30-round magazines, or a couple bandoliers for faster reloading.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I think I'd have the draco and AMD since I could move them around from left to right and not have to worry about them being overly long.
    Your choices are excellent, I only have the AR n G3 to choose from so im stuck with em lol. Is your Draco SBR'd?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast