Thread: Russian AK Pic Thread

Russian AK Pic Thread

Since I saw an AMD pic thread over on the Bulgarian/Hungarian forum, and the Krink thread has one, I thought I'd start one here.

First up, my 1971 dated Izzy AKM.

The proof (hah!) is in the pudding, so to speak.

Next up, my 1987 dated Izzy AK 74.

Here's the arsenal mark for it.

So let's see 'em. Show off them Rusky rifles!
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Does an SGL21 count?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SGL21; 01-07-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Not bad. I'd almost forgot about this thread...it had so many posts on it!
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Last edited by mack8384; 01-24-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group mack8384 !!!

Hope you don't mind that I added your photo to your thread.

I personally did not reply to this thread earlier because I am fed up with the fact that my government, in full violation of the constitution of The United States of America by not allowing me to own a true Kalashnikov. With respect to those showing their very nice looking rifles, my personal idea of having a perfectly functional firearm destroyed so that it can be reassembled using ATF approved parts that were never originally on the rifle, is that while they are nice replicas, calling them Russian AK Type 3s, or Russian AKMs is a great stretch of reality and a slap in the face to all that fought for our freedoms.

Sorry for the rant.

Nice rifles, regardless of the fact that they are mutts.

Darn it, I just can't help it.

I should also add, I'm getting ready to do a Tula build from the same year as my Izzy. Kind of a big 'Fuck You' to the wicked witch of the west.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

I have a Izzy AKM kit that I really should put together. Biggest hold up is trying to find a suitable reciever for it. Something that really mimicks the early Type 3, dimples and all.
    Last edited by mack8384; 01-25-2013 at 09:40 PM.

So, I finally got my Tula done after months of procrastination.

Used the last of Romy take-off barrels for the project. If I decide to do another build, I've got to get a US made version.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Here is my SGL21-66 with his little buddy.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    nice rifles guys! keep'um coming!!!
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ