Thread: The Irony of the New Digs

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

The Irony of the New Digs

The Navy is having me move again. This time, because we will be moving again in the near future, we went into psuedo military housing. It is military housing that is actually owned and ran by a contractor.

As part of the lease I had to sign a form saying that I would keep any firearms I own locked in a safe or with a trigger lock, unloaded, with ammunition locked in a seperate storage container and kept in a seperate room from the weapons they go to.

Now for the irony. I had to sign another form stating that the property management company provided no police or other onsite protection, I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN SECURITY, AFTER THEY FORCE ME TO BE DISARMED.

Luckily I have sworn to support and defend the Constitution so I can be trusted. Wait, I just had to sign the papers so I could get a place to live, so I am not trusted with the same rights I am serving our country to protect. Not that it will do any good, but I am going to write a letter to the complaining to the management company. Knowing the restrictions that are put on having a weapon on base, this may be mandated by the DOD. Irritating either way.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Legal ass covering, nothing more. Do what you know is the sane thing to do. Just under the radar.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Typical gun law Bullshit. This is a golden example of how this shit Is purely fir the benefit of the criminals.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I would love to send them that Youtube video someone posted here a few weeks ago. The one where you could buy a guns free zone sign and you were instantly protected. Pure idiocy.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I would love to send them that Youtube video someone posted here a few weeks ago. The one where you could buy a guns free zone sign and you were instantly protected. Pure idiocy.
    You should do it, they need to get a wake up call.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

I would not sign a statement requiring me to supply my own security if prohibited from taking actions I think are needed to do just that.