Thread: So, yesterday afternoon I was walking the dog.

So, yesterday afternoon I was walking the dog.

And I hear the familiar sound of the P-51 flying. We live about 5 miles from the airport, and sure enough the plane was doing what it does best. Really cool to see.

Now the pilot "dates" a girl that works for my wife.

Tuesday nights at the local Irish pub is quiz night. Different catagories every week. My wife usually goes. Last night she encouraged me to go instead. Teams compete for fun. I am not really a bar person, but I went anyways. The girl who dates the pilot is team captain. Well. Sure enough the pilot was there!

We got to talking, I told him how much me and my son admire the plane. We got to talking guns, he said that the first full auto that he ever shot was an MP40. I asked him if he would like to shoot mine sometime. He said sure. Then he said.....Would you like to go flying sometime!!

I was pretty speachless. We didn't set up a date for flight. But talk about a once in a lifetime experience!

The guy is pretty younge. Late 20's? He is also a Garand enthusiest. Even if I don't get to fly, it was pretty cool talking to the guy, he told me to bring my son to the hanger anytime that I want, and he will show off his plane.

When I was walking the dog, I texted my wife, Mustang out. I showed him the text and he thought that was kinda cool.

This is the Plane. Quick Silver.

http://www.quicksilvermustang.com/Home_Page.html

I've always thought that was the coolest plane of WWII. Can you imagine being in your 20's back in the 40's and having that strapped to your ass with those 50's hosing away on a train, boat, convoy etc in Europe. Cadillac of the Sky for sure..........

I am jealous. I've sat in a 51 but never flown.

If it does happen that I get a flight (and I really really really hope that I do) I will be sure to take lots of pics and video.

I would be satisfied listening to the audio of the engine in a dive.................

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    If it does happen that I get a flight (and I really really really hope that I do) I will be sure to take lots of pics and video.
    Video would be super cool!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I would be satisfied listening to the audio of the engine in a dive.................
    I could hear it from the house. It was badass. Last summer I got invited to see the plane fly at the airport. That was something really neat. You really can't describe the sound.