Thread: Beck‘s ’New Theory’: Economic Collapse Will Move From Europe to U.S. to World

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Beck‘s ’New Theory’: Economic Collapse Will Move From Europe to U.S. to World

I wonder sometimes if he's right or not?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/beck...-u-s-to-world/
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

I suspect is closer to being right than wrong.

If it doesn't happen, it's because the cockroaches don't like light shined on them.

I've been thinking we have been heading that direction for quite some time.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

He is a little behind the curve compared to many of the macro economists... They have been saying for about four years it was going to be southern Europe, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, that fell like slow motion dominoes. Then the EU collapses, the Euro collapses, followed by the Pound and the Dollar.

The central banks are out of trump cards... interest is effectively zero and they have dumped about as much "liquidity" (read printed money) out as they can without starting hyper-inflation.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Hell, we've been talking about this for at least the last two years on this board alone.

As ELC says - the banks are out of bandaids. The next fail will do just that - fail and take everything associated with it down - that will most likely start the domino chain reaction.

The powers that be have literally painted themselves into a corner.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Seems logical to me, especially the way things are going!

It could start with PIIGs and the EU but it could just as easily start here if we lose the global reserve currency status of the dollar. Of course, that would likely also be a sign of an imminent WWIII.

Fun times

Can't spend money forever and expect this not to happen. I think sometime this year we may get a wake up call and its every man for them self. I hope not. But with inflation the way it is hard times are on the horizon. If zero isn't re-elected something will go down. I have 1 more firearm I need to add and then its ammo time. A bolt action .22 for filling the pot. Everything else is mostly defensive or otherwise in nature. Europe can suck a nut with their problems, I don't see them helping us any. People are gobbling guns up, I've been going to the range/ gunshop a lot recently and something has people in a buying frenzy. Hell I'm in a frenzy to buy, and I've been gearing up for almost 7-8 years now. I'm getting to a comfortable level again, food for about 3-5 months, and ways to get water. I'm really in ammo mode. If/when there is a SHTF situation we won't come out of the house for anything unless its absolutely needed. I've scouted possible routes to where we may need to go taking only wooded trails and hugging the rivers. No body has noticed me back there. I like to notice all the possible things I could use, bow making materials, scrap metal piles, animal tracks, rivers and streams, and possible hides or camp sites away from eyes. Always thinking always making plans. Stay sharp guys, use whatever training you have and learn whatever you can now. Later other things will be of greater importance.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

My deal is getting our new place built and moved in - once we get that done, we will be fine with what we have on hand. Not that I can't improve!

It's weird how more and more people understand or at least accept the possibility that we are headed for trouble... but they're like deer in the headlites - don't do anything about it - don't want to talk about what they can do...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    He is a little behind the curve compared to many of the macro economists... They have been saying for about four years it was going to be southern Europe, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, that fell like slow motion dominoes. Then the EU collapses, the Euro collapses, followed by the Pound and the Dollar.

The central banks are out of trump cards... interest is effectively zero and they have dumped about as much "liquidity" (read printed money) out as they can without starting hyper-inflation.
    The real Republicans have been arguing against since the Raw Deal.

And looks like the libs have just about run out of our money.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Get out of debt and own durable goods. There will be a rebasement at some point. If you are just starting your adult life, don't expect a lifestyle like your parents. Downward class migration will affect everyone but the super elite.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy what you can afford. Cause you know prices will keep on rising the rest of the year.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

You are seeing it daily really,food prices rising gas rising etc., they simply printed way too much $$$$. It is called inflation. It is not a new term at all as everyone knows, it is just the political types use new terms to discribe it so young people are dumbed down to the reality of it. the un-educated lower masses that is., when gold and silver have doubled in a yr,well, that is the truthful answer,precious metals have always told the true story.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

The rise in fuel prices may set the dominos in motion...

Greece is in default. Even the current bailout requires a 70% mark down on principle from debt holders. Interest on Portugual's, Spain's and Italy's debt is up to 9% to 16% on short term bonds and they can no longer pay them at those rates.

Unemployment is going back up.
    Housing is as bad as 2007 still. There is a three or four years housing supply in default the banks have not processed.
    Commercial property is in about as bad of shape except the banks have not pushed it into the real estate market.
    Hiring projections are down.
    The Baltic dry index is in the toilet and still headed south.
    Truck and train shipments are down.
    All commodity prices are up.

caaraa
    Very very cool, and thanks for the lesson! I love your unique ink!

I dunno... did he cry after??? kinda his thing...
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton