Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee anyone?

I've been busy with helping my aunt get her survivor's bennies from her deceased husband. Because she didn't renew her ID card, and because she was married three months shy of 15 years, she can't get an ID card. Also, because they didn't transfer his retiree bennies to the VA, she's not getting his retiree bennies. Fortunately, because he paid into the Military retiree DIC program, she'll have some sort of income. Unfortunately, she needs their marriage certificate, she won't get that money until she produces the MC. She doesn't have a copy. They were married in Japan. The US Embassy doesn't keep a copy. She needs to go to the city records building to get a copy.

From all this, I got the impression that there is a program, for both retirees and veterans, to take care of spouses and disabled children. http://militarypay.defense.gov/survi..._benefits.html

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by 63DH8 View Post
    I've been busy with helping my aunt get her survivor's bennies from her deceased husband. Because she didn't renew her ID card, and because she was married three months shy of 15 years, she can't get an ID card. Also, because they didn't transfer his retiree bennies to the VA, she's not getting his retiree bennies. Fortunately, because he paid into the Military retiree DIC program, she'll have some sort of income. Unfortunately, she needs their marriage certificate, she won't get that money until she produces the MC. She doesn't have a copy. They were married in Japan. The US Embassy doesn't keep a copy. She needs to go to the city records building to get a copy.

From all this, I got the impression that there is a program, for both retirees and veterans, to take care of spouses and disabled children. http://militarypay.defense.gov/survi..._benefits.html
    I was wondering why I hadn't heard of DIC.
    It's because I'm healthy I guess.
    What did he die from?

Hello Cavscout, welcome to the coffee room!

Swampdragon, I am running for state rep. and the owner of the ammo store had a "meet and greet" for prosecond amendment candidates. Nice of him I thought, we need to protect our rights here. They are always trying to legislate them away.

Good morning Everyone !

I am on my way to make a pot of go juice ....just wanted to say Good morning to the regular people here
    Last edited by abpt1; 07-16-2010 at 08:25 AM.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 TakeFive's Avatar

Kathy, Good luck on your run for office. Do you have a donation mechanism on the web?
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, in practice, there is.

Old Grump : He is better looking, but not as cute as I am, but he has better cinnamon buns...................................Sister #2
    Last edited by Janet; 07-16-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: learning your pages and posting procedures

Old Grump: too bad you dont have enough to read lol, I think I have found my way in here, the trick is to find my way back in lol, Hi Kathy,
    Last edited by Janet; 07-16-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    I was wondering why I hadn't heard of DIC.
    It's because I'm healthy I guess.
    What did he die from?
    Hey Swampy! Seems not very many people have heard of DIC. The name alone lends to jokes! (Have you heard of DIC/I haven't heard of DIC!) Seriously, it's not known much. It's like an insurance program for retirees and veterans spouses. If the veteran and his or her spouse divorces, the spouse can still get the payments after the vet dies if the retiree/vet doesn't remove the spouse from the program. However, if the spouse remarries, the payment ceases. If the spouse divorces and is again single, the payments can continue. It's all in those links I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    Old Grump: too bad you dont have enough to read lol, I think I have found my way in here, the trick is to find my way back in lol, Hi Kathy,
    Howdy Janet! If you had set your reply notification to your email, you'll have a safety line back here. Please if you don't mind, introduce yourself. Did you find your own way here, or did someone show you the way? Feel free to swing on by for a cup of joe and chat anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    Hey, there is no Veterans and Friends Forum. So if you all dont mind I will put the Coffee here if its appropriate.

Its been a while, facebook just didnt make very good coffee and everyone except Old Grump and sister Janet scattered away. Hopefully we can pick up where we left off and enjoy a cup or coffee, tea, moonshine....coffee cupcakes??? whatever and get caught up on whats going on.

Lots going on here I dont even know where to start... Coffee black, hopefully steaming hot. Thats what it all about.
    I take my coffy regular. That is with cream and suger.

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    Good morning Everyone !

I am on my way to make a pot of go juice ....just wanted to say Good morning to the regular people here
    I noticed you had a thread where you're making mead. I recently heard my family in Denmark has a mead recipe dating back to Erik the Red's time. I wish they would cough it up!

Terve lads, I´m still alive

Pete

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugly Finn View Post

Pete
    Huomenta; Pete, how have you been doing, grab a cup and get wordy.

Hot choclate cooled down to luke warm for my sister Janet, she is barely old enough to hold a coffee cup let alone drink from it. She doesn't know how many books I have either, 2/3 of them are still in storage. I need to get my reloading bench rebuilt then get to work on making more book shelves.....and maybe adding another room....a big room.

Haven't forgotten you 63. I was waiting for the guy to return my blue prints so I could send you a copy. My brother went to his funeral a month ago so I guess I won't be getting it back. I will just draw up a set and send that.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Huomenta; Pete, how have you been doing, grab a cup and get wordy.

Hot choclate cooled down to luke warm for my sister Janet, she is barely old enough to hold a coffee cup let alone drink from it. She doesn't know how many books I have either, 2/3 of them are still in storage. I need to get my reloading bench rebuilt then get to work on making more book shelves.....and maybe adding another room....a big room.

Haven't forgotten you 63. I was waiting for the guy to return my blue prints so I could send you a copy. My brother went to his funeral a month ago so I guess I won't be getting it back. I will just draw up a set and send that.
    OG, Janet is your sister? But she looks NOTHING like you!

Quote Originally Posted by ugly Finn View Post

Pete
    Howdy Pete! How's the land of Santa going? Looks like my younger daughter may be going to Finland next August. Not 2010, but 2011. She's going to be visiting my sister who is living in Germany. While there, Erika wants to visit a Fin friend she met in Japan.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    OG, Janet is your sister? But she looks NOTHING like you!
    I know but she does the best she can with what she's got. I didn't get the brains in the family, that goes to #1 sister but I did manage to snare most of the good looks.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

swampdragon
    Hey Swampy! Seems not very many people have heard of DIC. The name alone lends to jokes! (Have you heard of DIC/I haven't heard of DIC!) Seriously, it's not known much. It's like an insurance program for retirees and veterans spouses. If the veteran and his or her spouse divorces, the spouse can still get the payments after the vet dies if the retiree/vet doesn't remove the spouse from the program. However, if the spouse remarries, the payment ceases. If the spouse divorces and is again single, the payments can continue. It's all in those links I posted.
    OH OK. I get it now.
    How've ya been?

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    Hello Cavscout, welcome to the coffee room!

Swampdragon, I am running for state rep. and the owner of the ammo store had a "meet and greet" for prosecond amendment candidates. Nice of him I thought, we need to protect our rights here. They are always trying to legislate them away.
    If you win, do we get a free trip to DC?
    I want to go back to the Smithsonian again.
    That was great!

Sipping my 3rd mug of coffee and trying to wake up. Yesterday we visited in serious home party, 5 heavy bands and truck load of beer.

63, you need to come with Erika and visit us.

Pete

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

This forum won't accept new posts so here is one here. Read this and see if anyone you know can get this.

http://www.army.mil/-news/2009/11/21...for-stop-loss/
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast