Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul MOE Furniture

Magpul MOE Furniture

Does anybody have the Magpul furniture on their AR? I am interested in a set for my Bushy, but I wanted some user feedback from real world shooters first. I see many positive reviews on the net and the price is right.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Does anybody have the Magpul furniture on their AR? I am interested in a set for my Bushy, but I wanted some user feedback from real world shooters first. I see many positive reviews on the net and the price is right.
    I like it !

Thanks Gene.

Thanks Gene.
    You will not be disappointed ....but one draw back is the MOE for grip has no way of attaching a light or VTG I really like the light on my ar's...But the MOE is sharp looking and different from the REG EBR .........Here is something different I had this cut down from a 12'

Last edited by abpt1; 08-18-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Magpul makes rails you can attach with the holes in the HG right?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    IDK ? they didn't when I bought mine ...

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Yes. There are rail holes at 12, 6, 3, 9, 5 and 7 o'clock.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Last edited by AKTexas; 08-18-2010 at 03:27 PM.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Yeah ....OK .....I guess I just never really look after that...I will tell you this I would like a molded rail that screw attached rail just is not what I am looking for ....Infact if they were a bit thicker with a molded rail I would buy a few more...Hell I may buy another anyway...

I love the MOE and CTR furniture. Here's my AR while I was building it. It's missing the rear BUIS and forward assist in this picture.

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

I've got one of their handguards on my AR and so far so good. There is a small amount of play in them, but I knew that going in and didn't feel like dropping $100+ on metal railed handguards yet. Haven't added any rails to it yet.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    I've got one of their handguards on my AR and so far so good. There is a small amount of play in them, but I knew that going in and didn't feel like dropping $100+ on metal railed handguards yet. Haven't added any rails to it yet.
    I replaced a carbine length quad rail HG with the MOE. Interested?

I have a buttstock on the AK

The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

My AR has the complete MOE furniture, I like it alot. Just attached a Midwest Industries rail at the 6 oclock position for a light, seems very sturdy. Up to now the handguard had been great, kinda gives it the feel of a FAL it seems.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

I replaced a carbine length quad rail HG with the MOE. Interested?
    Hmmmmm mebe. Brand, is it a free-floater, price?
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Its UTG, not free float, cheap. Pics if interested. Trades welcome...Its solid but a bit heavy.

I have the Butt and Grip, but use a Larue FF rail. The stock is nice and tight, and I don't see the need for the friction lock. I could have used the QD sling port of the CTR, though. The grip is nice, but the cap rattles unless you put some tape on or something to tighten it.

"if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

I have both and the friction lock doesn't do anything for me. The MOE is the way to go.
    Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Scary View Post
    Nice. Almost exactly what I have except for the BUIS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast