Thread: Illinois HB1294

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

needs to be quashed, now

Can this state be any more fucked-up and I'm not talking just about the BULLSHIT firearms laws.
    ALL THANKS TO THAT CHUNK OF CRAP THEY CALL "CHICAGO".
    People down state don't stand a chance.

i can agree with that, im way down south in Illinois(like barely) and its bullshit that we are subjected to the same laws as thsoe northern folks....

This dreck is the fluff they use to show their constituents that they are, indeed, legislating.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

This bill and variations of it have been kicking around the Illinois GA for years.

It'll get no traction.

Oh I agree,but this constant barrage of bullshit from the anti's is just what the press loves to show.
    When I talk about this state being F-UP it is more than just the fact that it is the worst place to live if you love shooting and protecting yourself,we still have the most corrupt
    pollticians in the country along with the fact the state is broke.

Quote Originally Posted by KRUT555 View Post
    Oh I agree,but this constant barrage of bullshit from the anti's is just what the press loves to show.
    When I talk about this state being F-UP it is more than just the fact that it is the worst place to live if you love shooting and protecting yourself,we still have the most corrupt
    pollticians in the country along with the fact the state is broke.
    I couldnt agree more. lake county should be annexed from teh state and be made its own state.

Cook/Crook County should become it's own state, thus freeing up the normal people to live in freedom of their douchebagery.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Cook/Crook County should become it's own state, thus freeing up the normal people to live in freedom of their douchebagery.
    That was actually submitted....shocker it was voted down in committee, lol. I emailed my rep. about this bill and two other bills from that a-hole Acevedo via the NRA's website links yesterday. Gotta look at it this way: if NY and CA, two states in their own rights dominated by the cities but still have a CCW law on the books, we can do it here. This is just another battle in a long, long "war" against the anti-gunners. We WILL prevail one way or another.

Please support the ISRA. They're really going to bat for us in Springfield.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Man!!

Now i know i am home, i tried to discuss this subject on another gun website and almost got kicked off it for even discussing politics. a gun website and it supresses the 1st ad like a dog. Chicago has been dragging down Illinois for yrs. It is the only state that i know off that a city mayor has more power than a sitting governor. Man i almost got blackballed for stating a fact,wont be back there ever. almost 60 yrs old and get put on probation for the first time in my life for talking. No wonder this country is slowly going to hell. Well lately its been quite fast to say the least. If you have not noticed the Libs are drawing a line on gun control in Illinois and Unions in Wisconsin it is on re-call notice for their poor governor,me im next door in MI and have seen this shit my whole life in Chicago. The whole bill they are shoving down peoples throat in Ill seems to be a repeat of the Clinton 10 yr gun ban, even worse. All semis weather pistols or rifles. Oh by the way Firing Line go to hell my last visit!!! at least here i can talk about politics and at least speak my mind on the subject. What a joke.

and i love the Cook/Crook county statement well said and the gods truth.

Quote Originally Posted by rshaneck2002 View Post
    Now i know i am home, i tried to discuss this subject on another gun website and almost got kicked off it for even discussing politics. a gun website and it supresses the 1st ad like a dog. Chicago has been dragging down Illinois for yrs. It is the only state that i know off that a city mayor has more power than a sitting governor. Man i almost got blackballed for stating a fact,wont be back there ever. almost 60 yrs old and get put on probation for the first time in my life for talking. No wonder this country is slowly going to hell. Well lately its been quite fast to say the least. If you have not noticed the Libs are drawing a line on gun control in Illinois and Unions in Wisconsin it is on re-call notice for their poor governor,me im next door in MI and have seen this shit my whole life in Chicago. The whole bill they are shoving down peoples throat in Ill seems to be a repeat of the Clinton 10 yr gun ban, even worse. All semis weather pistols or rifles. Oh by the way Firing Line go to hell my last visit!!! at least here i can talk about politics and at least speak my mind on the subject. What a joke.
    I know exactly what you mean. I've checked other sites, even a member at a couple others, but this place is the only one that I've found so far that the site admin won't dog you for giving your opinion but other members can have at it, LOL, no matter how stupid it may be. Other places preach up and down about supporting the 2nd Amendment, but when it comes to the 1st they get all pissy too often. Oh, and a belated welcome to Gunsnet!
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Been here for awhile and often,i just fall off the wagon called "politically correct" once in awhile. I do know that sometimes i get a little (alot) passionate but man., i have the crap i do not believe in shoved down on me everyday, i sure dont blackball anyone. It is simply amazing? It is almost like they think big brother is watching every little statement made and maybe it draws the sunshine on them. I just dont understand how you can support the 2nd and yet be afraid of the 1st,makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoctor View Post
    Synopsis As Introduced
    Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Provides that 90 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act, it is unlawful for any person within this State to knowingly manufacture, deliver, sell, purchase, or possess or cause to be manufactured, delivered, sold, purchased, or possessed a semi-automatic assault weapon, an assault weapon attachment, any .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge. Provides that beginning 90 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act, it is unlawful for any person within this State to knowingly manufacture, deliver, sell, purchase, or possess or cause to be manufactured, delivered, sold, purchased, or possessed a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

What is an "assault weapon"?
    "Assault" is a verb, not an adjective.

What is a "large capacity" ammunition feeding device? 10 rounds? 25? 50? 1000?

Aside from being an attempt to violate the Constitution and BOR, the proposed law doesn't even define what they are trying to outlaw.

Dumbasses.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post

What is an "assault weapon"?
    "Assault" is a verb, not an adjective.

What is a "large capacity" ammunition feeding device? 10 rounds? 25? 50? 1000?

Aside from being an attempt to violate the Constitution and BOR, the proposed law doesn't even define what they are trying to outlaw.

Dumbasses.
    That's the Lib S.O.P. brutha; word everything in generalities and ambiguous-ness so that you can make words mean whatever you want when it suits your side. "Depends on the what the def. of 'is' is."

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    I have hopes we can sell Cook County, Illinois to China. I'm believing the Chinese would have zero welfare and everyone in Cook County fully employed within 30 days.

Wart