Thread: Mitt Romney Believes He Will Become a God After He Dies

Smile Mitt Romney Believes He Will Become a God After He Dies

It is hardly well known today what the founder Joseph Smith, the second president Brigham Young and those who followed them actually believed about God[s]. Today, what is presented to the church is often softened to avoid embarrassment, though they would certainly conceal it if at all possible, there are some that are proud of their aberrant statements.

The Celestial kingdom is the highest of the three Heavens where all obedient Mormons that have kept the ordinances of the Mormon gospel go. At this highest level, good Mormons, both men and women, will become gods and goddesses. Men are awarded dominion over their own planet where they will gather numerous wives to produce spirit children. Mormonism teaches that Adam, the first man described in the Bible, was one of these gods, he is the god of planet earth.

Brigham Young: “I tell you more: Adam is the father of our spirits. He lived upon an earth, he did abide his creation and did honor to his calling and priesthood and obeyed his master or lord, and probably many of his wives did the same, and they lived and died upon an earth and then were resurrected again to immortality and eternal life. (Brigham Young, October 8, 1854, Brigham Young Addresses, 1850-1854, Vol. 2, by Elden J. Watson, sheet 221)

In other words Adam lived on another world obeyed another god – was exalted and came to earth to be our god.

Wilford Woodruff, the fourth prophet of the church, recorded these interesting statements in his journal:

President Young followed and made many good remarks “. . . He said that our God was Father Adam. He was the Father of the Savior Jesus Christ--Our God was no more or less than Adam . . . Michael the Archangel (Wilford Woodruff Private Journal, Feb 19. 1854)
    http://www.letusreason.org/LDS33.htm

I've got to admit, Mormons really do have a compelling theology.

I mean, who wouldn't want to become a god ruling over his own planet when he dies, with multiple "spirit" wives? Almost as good as having 72 virgins when you die!

Just need to wear that magic underwear and believe in those Golden Plates in order to be "saved" and be elevated in the after-life.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Well, don't vote for him and shut the fuck up. How's your boy Obama doin" how about a 3rd quarter report card?
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

LAGC you are such an ass that I usually don't respond to your bullshit.

You should be rooting for Romney as he is the biggest liberal running on the republican ticket.

Your boy Obama is probably a more observant muslim than Romney is a Mormon.

Just sayin....

Yup...I was raised a moron (though not born one, not one now)...told 'em where to shove it at about age 14. Not only was their theology a crackpot amalgam of "dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb" ideas, the supposed best of them were some of the most hypocritical asses I've ever encountered.

The Morons deserve a special place in hell, right next to the followers of Islam. Theirs should be somewhat less purgatorial though, simply because they're nonviolent asses.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 02-01-2012 at 01:47 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Yup...I was raised a moron (though not born one, not one now)...told 'em where to shove it at about age 14. Not only was their theology a crackpot amalgam of "dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb" ideas, the supposed best of them were some of the most hypocritical asses I've ever encountered.
    I don't know though. I mean, look at it this way: if you had any religion to choose from, any religion in the whole world, based off of promises and rewards in the supposed after-life, which one would you choose?

Me? I'd say "Fuck reincarnation, fuck 72 virgins, fuck living in heaven under God's tyranny the whole time, no, I want to be MY OWN fucking GOD ruling over my own planet when I die!"

It does have a certain grandiose appeal... if you can just suspend your disbelief long enough to entertain the possibility.

The Morons deserve a special place in hell, right next to the followers of Islam. Theirs should be somewhat less purgatorial though, simply because they're nonviolent asses.
    Oh, the Mormons have their not-so-peaceful history as well...

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

caaraa
    Thanks for this post guys I was going through the same thing

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post

I used to be one also. on a strictly intellectual basis, they have a better understanding of the scriptures than any other church I know of. As for the rest, ... each to his own opinion.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    I was once married to a Mormon. They have some good things going for them for individual families and as a community. I never could swallow the theology, so I didn't. Notice I'm not married to her anymore. I really don't have an issue with mormons in general. To each their own.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

It's going to be a tough vote this year on the "god" issue, one guy think he will be a god after he dies, the other thinks he's god while he's alive...

was_peacemaker
    Seems to me they base their ideas on the "plurality" of Gods off the Hebrew "Elohim" which does mean "gods", but often in Hebrew grammar it is a singular possessive of an action. Then in Deuteronomy Chapter 6 it is linked to the idea of one God.

In my opinion and from what I have read of Joesph Smith, I believe he took the "Elohim" concept a bit far.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar