Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you guys tell my son his Romanian WASR is not junk?

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Just tell him anybody who owns an AR-jam-o-matic and thinks the world of it couldn't tell a WASR-10 from a true junk pile!!!!

Wow, that statement should stir things up. To get things straight, that is not my feeling, but something you tell a moron to get is brain even further fuzzed up. If I didn't like ARs I wouldn't have built several, and had one custom made for my daughter to compete with.

And I like WASRs too, or is that WASR-10s too. Same thing.

Tell your son the only thing wrong with his WASR is the AR guys were jealous he had one and they didn't.

And that comes from a certified AK-nut!
    AMEN brother!!
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

"wear out quicker" Are those guys for real?

The only thing his WASR won't do is win a beauty pageant.

What it will do is shoot point of aim at reasonable distance, eat the shittiest ammo on earth with a smile, and outlive any of us. "Even if run over by BMP."
    I'd trust my life to a Cugir arsenal product without hesitation. If the end of the world came and all I had was a ROMAK, I'd feel grate about it. Darn thankful to have a tough, reliable bang stick that hits where I point it within 300 yards. Effing perfect.

Also, everyone knows the worst AK is Vulcan.
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo GED; 02-05-2012 at 01:42 PM.

was_peacemaker
    Whoa! Whats up with those trunnions?!? Please tell me that is not a real AKM that a company built to be distributed and sold to the general public.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Romanians are the Chevy of the AK world...
    What, like needing a bailout by U.S. taxpayer dollars? Wait a minute..........

Sorry, couldn't resit.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    What, like needing a bailout by U.S. taxpayer dollars? Wait a minute..........

Sorry, couldn't resit.
    OK, Pre-Bail out Chevy...

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Alterboy, how come your son isn't a member here? Hmmm? Perhaps if he were... he'd already know why his friends are full of bull

Or do you not want him to read everything you post

I have sons too and not sure I want them hanging on this board reading my stuff
    Good point. Sooner or later, someone will let their wimmin' in here too.....chris3

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Yeah... and then we couldn't say things like "pussy" any more without catching grief over it...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post

Also, everyone knows the worst AK is Vulcan.
    Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Besides the worse AK are the MISR90's, followed by any factory built Heese model, which are then followed by the USA Bwest made guns, so it couldn't be possibly any worse then the 4th worse AK model...
    They made my top 3...

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    He enjoys shooting it, but some AR guys have told him it's the worst AK to have and it doesn't last long and he now has a complex about it. I've told him it's fine-at least as good as my Chinese MAK-90, but he thinks it's just another of my attempts to make him save his money. He is a home schooler who works part time at a ranch and slaves away for the little money he makes.
    A WASR-10 was the first gun that I bought for my son, him and his ROTC buddies shoot the hell out of that thing. Tell your son that his AK is going to survive
    long after the black rifles need a refurb. Just like car owners the guy with the BMW is always going to look down on the guy that drives a VW, yea I own inexpensive guns, but I own ALOT of them. Keep the AK you'll be glad that you did.
    Just me and my monkey....

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

My 1st was a WASR...sweet 2 stage trigger...never should've sold it!
    видеодон

im 800 rounds into my wasr-10 (tulammo only, same as wolf) and i can smack a "8 paper plate all day long at 100 yards, me and my pal were shooting spent shotgun shells off sticks at 50 yards standing within a few shots. god i love this gun, its already been pimped out with accessories worth more than the rifle and im so impressed with the accuracy and durability that i have a posp scope coming in tomorrow and im taking it as my main rifle for deer hunting this season. ammo is cheap as all heck and is cheaper than my .45 so i can invite friends for a full day of shooting without breaking the bank, plus good shells are available for hunting purposes and heck, even zombies. why wouldnt you love this gun?? wasr-10 all the way

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

There are mountain lions in my area, some idiot let a breeding pair of timber wolves loose a few years ago about six miles from here with an extra male. There are bobcat a 1/4 of a mile away on a creek and black bear are moving back into the area. This is in addition to the lesser annoyances of rabid skunks, aggressive raccoons, badgers, coyotes and stray pit bulls from the methheads' fighting rings.

When I go out to frolic among this cornucopia of wild, feral and generally po'ed fauna I take a WASR underfolder with me. I need something that will go bang and make a wide selection of nasty things lay down. I know the AK will deliver the bullet and I know the 7.62x39 will perform.

A German Shepard came after me once and it took three .223s to stop it. I've shot more muscular animals with 7.62x39 and stopped them with one. I feel just superkalifrag about my WASR, enough to bet my life on it.
    Last edited by Bluntforce; 02-10-2012 at 12:45 AM.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    The WASR is crap and will turn your son gay. To avoid this you must dispose of it in the fiery depths of the Kilauea Volcano and ask Eugene Stoner for forgiveness.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
    There are mountain lions in my area, some idiot let a breeding pair of timber wolves loose a few years ago about six miles from here with an extra male. There are bobcat a 1/4 of a mile away on a creek and black bear are moving back into the area. This is in addition to the lesser annoyances of rabid skunks, aggressive raccoons, badgers, coyotes and stray pit bulls from the methheads' fighting rings.

When I go out to frolic among this cornucopia of wild, feral and generally po'ed fauna I take a WASR underfolder with me. I need something that will go bang and make a wide selection of nasty things lay down. I know the AK will deliver the bullet and I know the 7.62x39 will perform.

A German Shepard came after me once and it took three .223s to stop it. I've shot more muscular animals with 7.62x39 and stopped them with one. I feel just superkalifrag about my WASR, enough to bet my life on it.
    This man knows how to solve problems and keep them solved! Cheers to you good sir....

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Wink

Sorry to have to inform your son his WASR is junk.

Any old hand here knows the only good Romanian AK's are the SAR-1's.

Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKid View Post
    im 800 rounds into my wasr-10 (tulammo only, same as wolf)
    800 rounds? Did you get it yesterday?

I put close to a full case through my first SAR-1 the day I picked it up.

I have no idea how many more cases have gone through it since... I'm sure at least 50K rounds... no kidding,
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Sorry to have to inform your son his WASR is junk.

Any old hand here knows the only good Romanian AK's are the SAR-1's.
    Yup. WASR stands for WANNA BE AN SAR!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Yup. WASR stands for WANNA BE AN SAR!

WASR's are Awesome

I recently had to sell my WASR and I really hated to see it go. I researched pro's and con's between the AK and AR before purchasing and the the AK won out due to price, reputation of reliability and I could get really cheap ammo. There are also a lot of add on accessories out their now if you like the more tactical look.
    When I get in a position to, a definitely plan on replacing it.

Aaron
    www.heroestactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    they may have a point about the wasr being regarded as one of the worst aks, afa fit and finish go, but afa not lasting? id bet on it outlasting any of those other guys ars.

id tell them well have an endurance test, buy a 1k case of shitty steel cased ammo, and fire them all off, without cleaning and oiling, or any maintenance. see which rifles make it through without jamming.
    i have a bulgy ak i picked up years ago..maybe cleaned it thouroughly..2x..lol..it has never failed to fire..ever..granted it is a milled reciever type..but i have to have 10,000 rounds thru it..still put em all within 2 inches at 100 yards...now an ar may be more accurate at longer ranges,with a lighter bullet(which is why the spec op guys want the 6.8spc)but at long range..give me my .270
    yes the ar is more acuurate at long range,but it has no kick in the ass at that range..ergo the 6.8,so really it comes down to a combat rifle,and combat is generally at closer range then 300 yards..i will take my ak any day against an ar in the mud and dirt of combat.
    not to disparage ar;s,going to get a stag arms one..but things go south..i am grabbing the ak :-)
    my kid has a wasr underfolder..love it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast