Thread: airsoft ???

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

airsoft ???

ive been thinking about picking one up to fuck around with.

no mall ninja, weekend warrior, war games shit. and im not looking to spend a fortune (i know ppl that have over $4-500 into this shit)

ive been looking at this:

http://www.monsterairsoftusa.com/JG_..._p/jgf6604.htm

slightly over my price point (i was thinking about $100, i mean, shit, its not even a real gun!!) but mentions a lot of metal replacement parts. also mentions shooting about 420fps. i know from testing that a red rider bb gun shoots about 320fps, so i figure that ought to be good enough to fuck with the squirrels that keep tearing apart my garbage to the point that it would stick in their memory.

any suggestions? would this be something good enough just to screw around with? or should i be looking at something else ( i know NOTHING about airsoft). also, the description says the battery that comes with it is pretty much shit. any suggestions on that? anything else i should know?

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post

no mall ninja, weekend warrior, war games shit. and im not looking to spend a fortune (i know ppl that have over $4-500 into this shit)

slightly over my price point (i was thinking about $100, i mean, shit, its not even a real gun!!) but mentions a lot of metal replacement parts. also mentions shooting about 420fps. i know from testing that a red rider bb gun shoots about 320fps, so i figure that ought to be good enough to fuck with the squirrels that keep tearing apart my garbage to the point that it would stick in their memory.

any suggestions? would this be something good enough just to screw around with? or should i be looking at something else ( i know NOTHING about airsoft). also, the description says the battery that comes with it is pretty much shit. any suggestions on that? anything else i should know?
    If I was already looking to spend 100, I would buy that one for sure. It will probably save headaches on pre mature wearout. Looks cool I think. Plus triiger time is trigger time and you could shoot that thing in your basement.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    If I was already looking to spend 100, I would buy that one for sure. It will probably save headaches on pre mature wearout. Looks cool I think. Plus triiger time is trigger time and you could shoot that thing in your basement.
    exactly what i was thinking, sitting around all winter starts getting you itchy just to shoot. like i said, im not interested in any of the war games shit, just a cure for cabin fever. i just dont want to end up buying the "hesse ak" of airsoft without knowing it, lol.

JG makes okay airsoft guns. It should work fine if you're just planning to use it to screw around. You'll want to upgrade from the battery that comes with it. 8.4v 1100mAh is pretty small. I use a 9.6v 2000mAh in my KWA. Also remember to use only quality bb's of at least .20g and don't re-use bb's. Anything lighter than .20g will end up damaging that type of gun. Another thing is those wall chargers suck. I ended up getting a Super Brain 960 charger, it'll recharge my battery in less than 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-J View Post
    JG makes okay airsoft guns. It should work fine if you're just planning to use it to screw around. You'll want to upgrade from the battery that comes with it. 8.4v 1100mAh is pretty small. I use a 9.6v 2000mAh in my KWA. Also remember to use only quality bb's of at least .20g and don't re-use bb's. Anything lighter than .20g will end up damaging that type of gun. Another thing is those wall chargers suck. I ended up getting a Super Brain 960 charger, it'll recharge my battery in less than 20 minutes.
    Wow... this was better then "Buy gun... buy good more-er money gun." reply.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

That's perfect for the gun mounts on my M1009. Watch me get pulled over at gunpoint when I put them in....

600fps: http://www.monsterairsoftusa.com/Wel...ck%20scope.htm

www.Shortyusa.com is a bit closer, you should check them out.
    The family that runs it name is rambo. If you buy something today, you will have it friday afternoon the latest.

I always wanted an mp5 to hang in the pickup gunrack.

excellent! thanks. looking into it, the bb thing is pretty much all i got, make sure to use quality seamless ones. so ill check out the charger too.

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    600fps: http://www.monsterairsoftusa.com/Wel...ck%20scope.htm

www.Shortyusa.com is a bit closer, you should check them out.
    The family that runs it name is rambo. If you buy something today, you will have it friday afternoon the latest.
    but that one dosent have a 3-way fun switch!!

ill check out that site better and see if they have that model. i did see some stuff there i might need, so ill prob be getting something there anyway. like the mag speed loader. im not sure how they work, but from what i gather, the "hi-caps" require you to wind a spring on the mag to get them to work, which i dont like, i see the "lo-cap" 100 rnd mags work like a std mag with a feed spring, so i imagine that the loader will help with that.

well, looking at the batteries, i think ill pass for now, and consider it a future upgrade. they are kind of expensive. also, i see many different kinds, and im not sure which would fit the rifle. prob get a better idea for it when its in my hands.

i see lots of different sizes, whats the difference between higher voltage models and higher amp models? id imagine the higher amp ones last longer? do the higher voltage ones shoot faster?

I have always wanted to get a higher end M-16 Airsoft.
    Mostly for the option of a full auto BB gun that looks like an M-4.
    I have been waiting for them to get higher in FPS, something that will definately take out a squirrel or misc. birds.

I have seen aluminum 6mm BBs for them for sale at one time.
    I also like the the idea of a 300rd "30 rd" mag.

BISHOP

well, looking at the batteries, i think ill pass for now, and consider it a future upgrade. they are kind of expensive. also, i see many different kinds, and im not sure which would fit the rifle. prob get a better idea for it when its in my hands.

i see lots of different sizes, whats the difference between higher voltage models and higher amp models? id imagine the higher amp ones last longer? do the higher voltage ones shoot faster?
    Yeah, it's just something to think about for later. A 9.6v is going to spin the gears faster than the 8.4v, resulting in a higher cyclic rate. You're right about the higher amp ones, they last longer. The "nun-chuck" type batteries are designed with the M-4 clones in mind and offer higher mAh. Then there are the different size plugs, but I'm sure the gun you're looking at is a small plug. Nimh is the way to go, they don't have the "memory" problems NiCad batteries do. Intellect usually gets good reviews(it's what I use), but they're kind of expensive. You'll definitely want a better charger though. They work with RC type batteries as well.

The "hi-cap" magazines are really pretty easy to deal with. You just pour in your BB's and wind a wheel on the bottom until it starts ratcheting, and you're done.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

When i was on my Sonar course, living in barracks, we were all "armed" and massive battles would break out suddenly and often.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38