Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Border Chaos

Angry Border Chaos

We got some serious problems on our borders. Cartels are now so bold as to open carry rifles into US territory. Murder in the form of beheadings, and disembowelments are on the rise as cartels grow more brazen from a weak opposition. There have been vans filled with body parts, and roads littered with them as horrifying warnings. Rape is also on the rise as the southern borderlands are left unguarded. Women’s underwear decorates trees and brush, as trophies of the brutal attacks.

With all this going on, our government seems more interested in hindering our border agents. They have been killed, shot at, and had their families threatened. Agent Diaz, in two separate internal reviews was found not guilty of excessive force. Then the US attorney’s office stuck their noses in prosecuted him, sending a clear message that this government is not on their side.

The government red tape maze is also used. Protected wildlife areas are used to block agents from pursuing criminals, requiring them to break off and get the ok from DHS. If they do get in or near the protected areas, they are hindered still. In 2009 an agent was wounded in the foot near Ramanote canyon, Arizona. They got a heli up there, but do to environmental concerns they could not extract him. They had to send a horse up to get him, and finally got the agent some treatment four and a half hours later.

Even our firefighters have been shot at while trying to put out fires that have been set near the border. The fires have been used as distractions to hide illegal activities.

In recent years there has been an increase in OTMs, Other Than Mexican. Prayer rugs and a book about suicide bombers have been found on our southern border. In the link, listen to cleric Abdullah al-Nafisi talk about a biological attack on the US.

What a mess. The next time some mental midget tries to tell you some garbage about how this is all about hateful white people, just do the world a favor set them straight on the facts. This is an adult subject that has been deliberately misrepresented by the MSM and Special interest groups to throw off the American people and thus delay any real action.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/insu...-into-the-u-s/

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Wait a minute, I just heard the president a week or so ago saying the problem is solved so well that there are fewer arrests and I read an article saying he was able to pull agents off the border because it was so secure. Are you insinuating that was a fib.

I am all flubbergusted.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Exclamation

Oh for Pete's sake, just LEGALIZE the shit already and this cartel business would literally disappear OVERNIGHT. Just like it did after Prohibition was repealed when the 19th Amendment was ratified in 1933. Organized crime, after flourishing in the roaring 1920's, was devastated in its wake.

Why do we keep insisting on authoritarian solutions, militarizing the border, to deal with a problem that should be fixed by granting MORE liberty, not less?

Between ending the "war on drugs" and forcing employers to use e-Verify, our "border problems" would be solved without having to turn America into a police state.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

My God!!! I am having to agree with LAGC!!

Wait! Wait! He is really agreeing with me!

If the current illegal drugs are not legalized, the drug situation will get worst, and worst, until it gets as bad and over powering as our Liberal Federal government.

Wait a minute! The Cartels and the Liberal Federal government are already working together. Proof ... Fast and Furious.
    Last edited by Shadow Walker; 02-08-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

I have to agree with LAGC (as painful as it may be)

And now back to "occupying"...

We have a federal government whos main job is to protect our borders, and a military with wich to do so, but instead, the fedz are determined to erase our border, and use our military to defend the borders of shithole nations 5k miles away.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Oh for Pete's sake, just LEGALIZE the shit already and this cartel business would literally disappear OVERNIGHT. Just like it did after Prohibition was repealed when the 19th Amendment was ratified in 1933. Organized crime, after flourishing in the roaring 1920's, was devastated in its wake.

Why do we keep insisting on authoritarian solutions, militarizing the border, to deal with a problem that should be fixed by granting MORE liberty, not less?

Between ending the "war on drugs" and forcing employers to use e-Verify, our "border problems" would be solved without having to turn America into a police state.

Was about to say I agree completely but I can't. It was the 21st amendment that repealed the 18th amendment.

Oh for Pete's sake, just LEGALIZE the shit already and this cartel business would literally disappear OVERNIGHT. Just like it did after Prohibition was repealed when the 19th Amendment was ratified in 1933.
    Actually it didn't. It just moved more completely into things like gambling, prostitution, extortion, loan sharking, protection rackets, hijackings of goods, etc., etc., etc. You can expect the same from the cartels should all drugs be legalized...with a heavy dose of kidnapping for ransom thrown in.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Hell you tell me? You usually have all the answers. As your president tightens the stranglehold on the american citizen.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

decriminalize weed, execution for everything else, including the coyotes who act as guides

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Legalizing it won't make it go away. Still have blackmarkets in booze (moonshine, etc.). And cigarettes. And legal painkillers.....and, and, and.

People will always try to circumvent big brother and little brother (state, local) to keep "theirs." Plus, you know gov'ts hate competition.

IF it ever becomes legalized, then businesses better be given the opportunity to not hire people who use weed, or any other formerly illegal drug. You want to smoke weed every day? Fine, but you wouldn't be working for me. And none of this "I need this because I suffer from....insert condition here". That angle is already being used in court, i.e. the feds saying a trucking company couldn't fire a certain driver....even tho the guy is/was an admitted alcoholic and a DUI waiting to happen.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

I agree. All this depends on what what you want.

be the heat..

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Was about to say I agree completely but I can't. It was the 21st amendment that repealed the 18th amendment.
    My bad, it was the 21st Amendment that repealed the 18th Amendment indeed.

I must have had women's suffrage on my mind.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

My bad, it was the 21st Amendment that repealed the 18th Amendment indeed.

I must have had women's suffrage on my mind.
    WTF? Repeal the 17th and make it work again.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    Legalizing it won't make it go away. Still have blackmarkets in booze (moonshine, etc.). And cigarettes. And legal painkillers.....and, and, and.

People will always try to circumvent big brother and little brother (state, local) to keep "theirs." Plus, you know gov'ts hate competition.

IF it ever becomes legalized, then businesses better be given the opportunity to not hire people who use weed, or any other formerly illegal drug. You want to smoke weed every day? Fine, but you wouldn't be working for me. And none of this "I need this because I suffer from....insert condition here". That angle is already being used in court, i.e. the feds saying a trucking company couldn't fire a certain driver....even tho the guy is/was an admitted alcoholic and a DUI waiting to happen.

They already do

What's that defination of insanity again......
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Do they? As I mentioned, the definition of a "condition" or "disability" is constantly being rewritten to get more BS covered under the 'disabilities act'.....definition of is is.

Some more news about are "secure" borders: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/insu...-into-the-u-s/
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

A lot of the guys in the military smoke pot. They are more reliable than those who drink alcohol as a crutch, IMHO.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

We need to pass more laws. Maybe even make illegal drugs illegal. I favor much shouting and massive hand-waving to eradicate this problem.

Wart
    Last edited by Warthogg; 02-09-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Walker View Post
    A lot of the guys in the military smoke pot. They are more reliable than those who drink alcohol as a crutch, IMHO.
    If alcohol is a crutch what's pot?

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    We need to pass more laws. Maybe even make illegal drugs illegal. I favor much shouting and massive hand-waving to eradicate this problem.

Wart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast