Thread: Anybody know anything about Panama City, FL ???

Talking Anybody know anything about Panama City, FL ???

I sure could use a vacation from all this horseshit, three ring, circus......sideshow!

Anyway....the wife and I haven't left this state in 6 years now.

Since her sister is now living with us, we decided we are well overdue for a vacation.

I didn't have much say about any of the destinations they suggested (did I mention it's my wife, her sister and a good friend of both of theirs....a lesbian)

So, we booked some place in Panama City Beach, FL for the last week of April, first week of May.

I have never been there....so if any of you know some cool/kickass bars, strip clubs, non-tourist trap destinations/sites too see, please let me know.

BTW, we are driving down....everyone of us, and everyone we know, cannot wait until all the airlines and the manufactures go bankrupt !!!!
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I did a Charter Fishing Trip out of there several years ago. If it has been rebuilt after the Hurrican, the Florabama Lounge had five stages and ran five bands and/or DJs on the weekend. We rented a condo for the night and stayed in the bar until 2am, then caught the boat at 6am...

http://www.florabama.com/

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

It's lost much of it's charm.

Too many mom and pop hotels have given way to huge high rises, Still not bad, but check out Mexico Beach or Gulf Shores.

Check with the place you rented a lot of the condos and house rental places like to add fee's to your bill but don't tell you until you are ready to check in and have no choice but to stay there, it happened to a relative of mine just a few weeks ago when we all went to Panama, they tacked on something like $200 that he had no idea about, they also like to add fee's in the fine print that most people glance over or never click on the terms link.

I didn't get to visit a whole lot of stuff other than the beach and it was too cold to swim. We tried a restaurant called Sharkey's that was really good and has tables with a nice beach view.

this is probably the best time to go. will not be too crowded. i live an hour and a half from there and routinely go that direction. AT PANAMA CITY BEACH, HIT PINEAPPLE WILLYS. closest thing to locals place you will find. if you get a chance run to destin. its about a 30 minute drive. if the wife like to shop, there are several outlets that are best in u.s.
    AL GORE IS FULL OF CARBON ENRICHED SHIT

I wouldn't go to Panama City anytime near spring break unless your going for a party.. I always went in late Sept. to go king mackerel fishing. By that time it was a ghost town.

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    (did I mention it's my wife, her sister and a good friend of both of theirs....a lesbian)
    You may just want to keep this place's phone number handy

http://www.manta.com/c/mr5ln38/breathe-oxygen-bar
    Breathe Oxygen Bar in Panama City Beach, FL is a private company categorized under Wholesale Oxygen
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I'm only guessing here but anyplace that I was in back in 66-68 is probably long gone. I preferred the place with holes in the wall and a BBQ smoker out back, baskets of peanuts on the bar and the tables and the shells went on the floor. I know for a fact that it burnt down so that kind of takes me out of the recommend business...sorry.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I used to have a condo right beside the Spicy Noodle restaurant.. I thought it was a gay bar at first but its actually a good restaurant.. Another good place to eat was Bayou Billy's but I think he and his wife divorced and the name is different now..

The beaches are beautiful white sands, and maybe 20 other people on the beach as far as you can see, but spring break is a total madhouse.. Be sure to check out the deep sea fishing, they have great charter boats. I caught tons of pompano in the surf too.

Club La Vela is the largest club in America too, It's right on the strip I think.. http://clublavela.com/

Smile

The place we booked is a mom and pop resort on the ocean. No high rises for this guy.

Spring break this year runs from Feb 20th to Apr 6th, so we should be good there.

Thanks for all the places to check out guys. I am gonna write them down.

The wife and I were talking about taking a day and drive the Gulf Coast. How's the traffic ?

We have a good friend that lives in Mobile Ala. and we would love to see him.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

We go there for summer vacation and have a great time. It's similar to Destin in many ways. Avoid Hammerhead Freds, not that great.

Take the park ferry out to the island for the cleanest water (at least during summer).