Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to puke?

Want to puke?

A biased report of on line gun sales. I love it how they say that the sks was modified to fire the same bullets as an ak 47.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46316454

was_peacemaker
    MSNBC has had a war on guns for years now...but fortunately their ratings are in the can.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Two things I could tell right away about the writer of that article:

1. Obama Voter

2. Clueless Asshat

yes....yes I do.

It makes me sick when I see sh*t like this. Its such crap. Might as well start buying guns online now because if reports like this can keep happening, then someone could get enough steam to stop it. Such crap.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    A biased report of on line gun sales. I love it how they say that the sks was modified to fire the same bullets as an ak 47.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46316454
    But online in most states, anyone from law-abiding citizens to dangerous criminals – even terrorists – can get just about any weapon they want, no questions asked.
    That is a blatant lie. If I buy a firearm online, it is shipped to my FFL and I have to go through the same NICS check everyone else does.

Maybe they are referring to an email between friends where a guy says "come on over and buy this rifle from me FTF"?

That is legal... always was legal and is no "loophole".

MSNBC is trying to make it sound like anyone from a hardened criminal to a Mexican drug lord can go online and buy machineguns and grenades. What freakin' bullshit!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    That is a blatant lie. If I buy a firearm online, it is shipped to my FFL and I have to go through the same NICS check everyone else does.

Maybe they are referring to an email between friends where a guy says "come on over and buy this rifle from me FTF"?

That is legal... always was legal and is no "loophole".

MSNBC is trying to make it sound like anyone from a hardened criminal to a Mexican drug lord can go online and buy machineguns and grenades. What freakin' bullshit!
    If you watched the video you would have seen that it's face to face transactions, they went to websites advertising private sales and met the seller at a local mall, paid cash and tried to interview the seller afterward. They even had the buyer mention that he probably couldn't pass a background check.

The video was clear that the sales were all legal, that being their point.

Personally I think the video is worth the watch, not saying I agree with it, but I imagine it will make a lot of people think on whether or not this is a good idea, especially when the sellers have such a "who cares" attitude towards who they may have sold a gun to.

The Ak bullets from an sks thing was kinda funny, watching the video it was a bit clearer that what he was really talking about was the magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    If you watched the video you would have seen that it's face to face transactions, they went to websites advertising private sales and met the seller at a local mall, paid cash and tried to interview the seller afterward. They even had the buyer mention that he probably couldn't pass a background check.

The video was clear that the sales were all legal, that being their point.

Personally I think the video is worth the watch, not saying I agree with it, but I imagine it will make a lot of people think on whether or not this is a good idea, especially when the sellers have such a "who cares" attitude towards who they may have sold a gun to.

The Ak bullets from an sks thing was kinda funny, watching the video it was a bit clearer that what he was really talking about was the magazine
    I got that from the video as well. (magazine part). I have to wonder if they targeted sellers (pre-screened) for ones that had the "who cares" attitude.

I have bought and sold guns through the local paper. I have met individuals at gass stations, flea markets. etc. Never had a problem.

I got that from the video as well. (magazine part). I have to wonder if they targeted sellers (pre-screened) for ones that had the "who cares" attitude.

I have bought and sold guns through the local paper. I have met individuals at gass stations, flea markets. etc. Never had a problem.
    My guess is they targeted scary looking merchandise and prescreed for people willing to meet that day, I think it said they bought like 8 guns that day.

I assume the transactions having problems aren't what their issue is, it's that unknown factor of who is getting the gun.

I've bought, traded, and sold face to face myself and assumed that the other person was a reasonably upstanding citizen, but the reality is I had very little evidence to support that, they all "seemed" ok...but really who the hell knows.

Again, I'm not saying FTF should be illegal, just saying I understand why the entire issue worries a lot of people.

What do you figure the odds are that the 50 cal got destroyed?
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

If you watched the video you would have seen that it's face to face transactions,
    Yes, but the way it's worded:

But online in most states, anyone from law-abiding citizens to dangerous criminals – even terrorists – can get just about any weapon they want, no questions asked.
    ...makes it sound like anyone from a 3 year old to a serial killer can just turn on their computer, make a few mouse clicks and have a military arsenal arrive at their doorstep the next day.

This wouldn't be as much of a problem IF gun owners were more responsible and refused to do a FTF transaction if they didn't feel comfortable with the buyer.

I myself wouldn't sell a firearm to anyone I didn't know and I SURE as hell wouldn't sell if they came out and said "I couldn't pass a background check".

Or... I would just do the transfer through an FFL anyway... if they pass the NICS then it's not my problem.

I would never do a FTF with a stranger that I met at a gas station or at a flea market or gun show. How am I supposed to know if they are decent people or nutjobs?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I read the article this afternoon and the first thing that came to mind was here's an "unknown" reporter trying to make a name for himself by reporting on a topic that will generate hysteria from certain groups of people (liberals). I took it as grandstanding by an attention-whore-wanna-be.

The interesting thing is that they just showed the average criminal how to obtain weapons (those who didn't already know, that is.

Way to go, MSNBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I would never do a FTF with a stranger that I met at a gas station or at a flea market or gun show. How am I supposed to know if they are decent people or nutjobs?
    That's the point of the article. A lot of people simply do not care in the least who they sell to so long as it's legal (and some don't care about that).

Think about it, you're a gun owner, a 2nd amendment supporter, and frequently are on gun sites. And you aren't all that comfortable with face to face sales.

Just imagine how anti's and the middle of the road folks think when they see this sort of thing. I would guess it shocks the hell out of them. Knowing that some guy set up and bought 8 guns from total strangers in the parking lot of what might have been thier local mall, a man who admitted to people that legally he might not even be able to get one.

Here's the place where you drop off your preteen kids to hang out with friends on a friday night and a guy in the parking lot is accumlating an sks, ar15, a couple pistols, a shotgun

A lot of people would think of that as a rather scary situation.

Team GunsNet Silver 08/2011

I would lay wager that the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT (I.E.) A.T.F. with the Blessing of U.S. Attorney Eric Holder sold more weapons illegally that were responsible for more deaths than any of the weapons someone bought on a F.T.F. sale and in faster time.
    Orginal sign up was Sept. 1999. I think maybe earlier or a little later. But...who keeping up???.Ha! Ha!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

That's the point of the article. A lot of people simply do not care in the least who they sell to so long as it's legal (and some don't care about that).

Think about it, you're a gun owner, a 2nd amendment supporter, and frequently are on gun sites. And you aren't all that comfortable with face to face sales.

Just imagine how anti's and the middle of the road folks think when they see this sort of thing. I would guess it shocks the hell out of them. Knowing that some guy set up and bought 8 guns from total strangers in the parking lot of what might have been thier local mall, a man who admitted to people that legally he might not even be able to get one.

Here's the place where you drop off your preteen kids to hang out with friends on a friday night and a guy in the parking lot is accumlating an sks, ar15, a couple pistols, a shotgun

A lot of people would think of that as a rather scary situation
    A differing view would be that prior to 1968, you could order any handgun, rifle, or shotgun through the mail with no restrictions (other than age), whatsoever. That seemed to work rather well for a couple of hundred years before people started getting all liberal minded about everything. Growing up prior to that, I don't ever remember even batting an eye when someone showed a gun to another person, or purchased a gun from any source. It wasn't a big deal back then. Why are we so squeemish about it now?

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I took my uncles winchester 94 to my wood shop class in high school to refinish the stocks and have the teacher help me re-blue it, i was 16 at the time. A lot of the guys brought their hunting rifles to bed the stocks or make new stocks from fancy walnut and maple. Gun cabinets and laminated bows were pretty common too.

They were letting guys in metal shop make knives.

Nobody ever got shot or stabbed
    Last edited by davepool; 02-09-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    A differing view would be that prior to 1968, you could order any handgun, rifle, or shotgun through the mail with no restrictions (other than age), whatsoever. That seemed to work rather well for a couple of hundred years before people started getting all liberal minded about everything. Growing up prior to that, I don't ever remember even batting an eye when someone showed a gun to another person, or purchased a gun from any source. It wasn't a big deal back then. Why are we so squeemish about it now?
    More dead people?

More dead people?
    Nothing stops dead people from getting dead. But an armed people stop more good people from getting dead.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I read the article this afternoon and the first thing that came to mind was here's an "unknown" reporter trying to make a name for himself by reporting on a topic that will generate hysteria from certain groups of people (liberals). I took it as grandstanding by an attention-whore-wanna-be.
    Unfortunately not unknown.

Wart

Messrs. Rossen and Powell* surely know how video can be misused: In the 2002 documentary, “Bowling for Columbine,” Rossen was seen snapping at a producer while obsessing about his hair in between takes, before returning to somber-TV-reporter-mode once the television cameras started to roll at a murdered 6-year-old’s funeral (see the Quicktime version of “NEWSBREAKERS Presents: COLLARED” halfway down the page.)

http://www.seafoodsource.com/blogs.a...gid=4294991198
    *Robert Powell is the Rosen producer.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Have an idea for Rossen Reports? Email us by clicking here!
    I sent an email suggesting Mr. Rossen shoot himself in the head with an illegally acquired weapon.

Wart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast