Thread: Quick Questions

Quick Questions

So we are at the family health center for a checkup for our new born. Why do they ask on some of the paper work if there are guns in the home? Has it always been like this, or just an Obama thing? Does it raise red flags to them? Its really a pain in the ass in my opinion, if they want to know so bad run my name. I keep my firearms locked up except my carry piece, and when not carrying it gets put away. I just think its bullshit for them getting in everyone's business.

It is typical. We got asked the same question with both of our children. It is funny, because in WV there are MORE homes with guns that with out! Don't answer if you don't want to. Best of luck with your newborn! No red flags. They just want to make sure that the baby is "safe."

Thanks man, I thought we had to answer everything. Next time I won't answer that one. I really don't like to advertise.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    That question goes back to Bush2, if not before him. For some reason our nanny-government, along with the medical community decided that having firearms in a home is dangerous. I think it had to do with a nicely flawed study by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) which for some reason listed firearm injuries as a disease putting it under their jurisdiction. Just more government meddling into our lives.

Personally I have never had to answer that question, but if it did come up, I would either leave it blank or mark it NA as in not applicable as in none of their business.

They don't seem to understand that many children grow up in homes with firearms laying around and never have a problem. It is called parental responsibility.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I wouldn't answer it but if asked point blank face to face I would probably just mutter something about "Yes I have the means to defend my family, do you?"

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I wrote "no guns but poisoned arrow frogs roam freeely" on one of my pediatrics questionaires. They pry, I tell them stuff that is absurd, some laugh, some get all bent out of shape, at which time I tell them we can gladly take our cash-business elsewhere (we do not have insurance and pay cash). That usually shuts up the docs.
    Ezra - Houston Tx
    Old cranky member since 1999

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

As I remember that is an AMA thing and not Government. While the majority of Doctors are fairly conservative, the top brass at the AMA is not. Many Doctors have dropped out.

Kind of like the AARP...

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    So we are at the family health center for a checkup for our new born. Why do they ask on some of the paper work if there are guns in the home? Has it always been like this, or just an Obama thing? Does it raise red flags to them? Its really a pain in the ass in my opinion, if they want to know so bad run my name. I keep my firearms locked up except my carry piece, and when not carrying it gets put away. I just think its bullshit for them getting in everyone's business.
    You don't have to answer, and it's none of their damn business.

I would either leave the answer blank or else put "NOYDB".

Then again, I'm always sarcastic when I fill out forms. My favorite is on job applications... they ask "Salary desired?". I write in "Yes".
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    That question goes back to Bush2, if not before him. For some reason our nanny-government, along with the medical community decided that having firearms in a home is dangerous. I think it had to do with a nicely flawed study by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) which for some reason listed firearm injuries as a disease putting it under their jurisdiction. Just more government meddling into our lives.

Personally I have never had to answer that question, but if it did come up, I would either leave it blank or mark it NA as in not applicable as in none of their business.

They don't seem to understand that many children grow up in homes with firearms laying around and never have a problem. It is called parental responsibility.
    If you want to play with statistics... a person is more likely to die at the hands of a cop... or a doctor... or just driving to the corner store... than they are by firearms.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Coli View Post
    I wrote "no guns but poisoned arrow frogs roam freeely" on one of my pediatrics questionaires. They pry, I tell them stuff that is absurd, some laugh, some get all bent out of shape, at which time I tell them we can gladly take our cash-business elsewhere (we do not have insurance and pay cash). That usually shuts up the docs.
    Excellent approach.

Wart