Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Benefits of coffee

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I was hoping you would stick your head in the door. How do you learn to be a treasurer for real, do they have a school or clinic or something for political workers?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    I was hoping you would stick your head in the door. How do you learn to be a treasurer for real, do they have a school or clinic or something for political workers?
    Yes the FEC or federal election commission has classes, its getting more complex now that money is being donated more and more.

My retired Army son will also run for state senate. I will likely act as his treasurer also. That is a very different set of laws but they also have classes and help.

My town committee chair will help us too. He is a retired Navy big wig, very strong organizational skills. We are building a strong coalition, the more Veterans the better.
    Last edited by kathy; 03-13-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    Yes the FEC or federal election commission has classes, its getting more complex now that money is being donated more and more.

My retired Army son will also run for state senate. I will likely act as his treasurer also. That is a very different set of laws but they also have classes and help.

My town committee chair will help us too. He is a retired Navy big wig, very strong organizational skills. We are building a strong coalition, the more Veterans the better.
    Amen to that, not nearly enough discipline or sense of sacrifice among the non veteran politicians in my book. I am very happy to see you learning all the ins nd outs of the behind the scenes activities none of us get to see. It will provide some good back ground for us when you are ready to share.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Many many of the freshmen congressmen who were elected in 2010 are Military Veterans. Its why they dont bow down and play the dirty games the career politicians engage in.

More than the whole treasurer thing Im learning the logistics of getting a structure in place to have an effective campaign, I wish there were more hours in a day. The state legislature is even more critical. If the states dont stand up to intrusive federal government we have little defense as individuals. Too many people think its all about the federal government and that is why were sliding into a financial abyss in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    Many many of the freshmen congressmen who were elected in 2010 are Military Veterans. Its why they dont bow down and play the dirty games the career politicians engage in.

More than the whole treasurer thing Im learning the logistics of getting a structure in place to have an effective campaign, I wish there were more hours in a day. The state legislature is even more critical. If the states dont stand up to intrusive federal government we have little defense as individuals. Too many people think its all about the federal government and that is why were sliding into a financial abyss in this country.
    Agree 100% and one of the things to do would be to get a movemnt going by all states who are tired of Federal intrusion into their affairs is to repeal the 17th amendment and make Senators appointed not elected. They should be representing their state not their campaign donors.

Changing topic I got an E-mail from Hedning saying he is having trouble logging onto Gunsnet. To bad because he is our new champion. Won a 100 meter black powder match in Norway by getting more shots down range without setting his beard on fire than any other Norwegian in history. I hope he can get signed in so he can tell me a bad joke and correct the blasphemy I just committed on him. Seriously he did good but I would rather he tell it. My version is funnier but his is more impressive.

THUCYDIDES.

OG... do you remember what to do if you see a Swede strugling in the water??...
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

You tell him to stand up now sir, be good and tell the coffee drinkers in the kitchen what you did sir.

THUCYDIDES.

Tell tell tell!!!

First thing first... if you see a Swede drowning you do nothing. Thats the answer to that.

No idea what happened when I tried to log in a couple days ago. And when I managed to get back in the last few post was not there. Seems to be ok now.

The black powder thing is not a very big deal. I just managed to beat the old Norwegian record of 100m black powder cartridge using original rifles. That means they have to be made prior to the smokeless era. The old record was set back in 2004, 94 points. I got 96. I had to knock my sights wowfully far to the left, and I was like 12" high too at the first shot. Second a little low. Plain luck that the sights fell into the right place. You shoot 13 shots, 10 best counts. There are still 4 more points to collect, so I will try to get them. Getting 100 with those old timers fitted with rather iffy iron sights may be a tough task. But Im fairly confident that 98 would be a fair deal. For those who want to know, the rifle I used is an old Winchester High Wall 45-70 made back in 1889. Kicks like a mule.

And I can see that you Mr Old Grump Sir, took my Sir request seriously. Never really thought about it, but what is up with the Sir thing? What is the origin of the word?

The spring got to be here. The sun is so bright and the sky is so got damn blue. 61F yesterday, little colder today. I think I will have to find Mungo Jerrys "in the summer time" and play it loud.
    Last edited by Hedning; 03-14-2012 at 04:38 AM.

A big Congratulations to you Mr. Hedning Sir. It is so exciting to have a champion in our midst. Awesome...

What is the origin of the word?
    Never thought you would ask. According to my 1958 edition of the Britannica World Language Funk and Wagnalls Standard Dictionary we can blame the 14th century French for the word. It is a shortening of shire which meant father and that was shortened to sire and became used only for royalty. Chopped again sir was applied to Barons, Dukes and other nobility. If you want I can dig into one of my other dictionaries and trace it farther back for you.

THUCYDIDES.

No, thats enough... I got serious issues dealing with people that has titles. I even had issues with my officers back in the days. The Lords of Brittain, wow, read about them and your ass will laugh.

Laughing asses.... I knew there was a reason to get up today.

More excitement on the campaign trail last night, we went to a meeting in a packed room loads of candidates running for one office or another in a restaurant that served alcohol. Interesting how some of them get their point across. One guy had us "Hooting and Hollering" seriously that was part of his presentation.

What about them catfights Kathy??.... Im sorry, but catfights intrigues me. I got to say that Im impressed by your stamina. The thing you got going got to be like having a nice dinner during a ride with the Hulk roller coaster at Universal Studios, and at the same time you try to make people focused.

OG... when I get over I would like to get some more classes in the fine art of pistol shooting. In return I could give you some education in the cap n ball department. I know you could use it because you are awfully slow when it comes to that Walker shooting. So one got to get to the conclusion that you dont know how it works.... Not to worry, Ill show you the safe end and the dangerous end of it..... You see that part with wood? Thats a part of the safe end. Chew on that for a while and see if it sinks into place. Ill proceed when you are ready....

Norwegians chew on their grips??? Oh please say it aint so.

The guy that was supposed to order the right size balls never did so I am going to order a mold for all 3 sizes I use and just make my own. Maybe then I will be able to get to shoot it before summer.

Hootin' an hollerin' well it used to work for the old stump speakers, hnot sure how it would come across a radio or TV broadcast but hey, whatever works.

YEEEE HAWWWWW WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP

THUCYDIDES.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Shootin, Hootin, and chewin? Sounds like a party in the coffee room. Don't worry, I know where the fridge is...

A Swede and a Norwegian walk into a bar....
    QUICK LOCK THE DOORS AND SET IT ON FIRE!

My mother was a Dahl. So I can play too.
    Last edited by btcave; 03-15-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    Shootin, Hootin, and chewin? Sounds like a party in the coffee room. Don't worry, I know where the fridge is...

A Swede and a Norwegian walk into a bar....
    QUICK LOCK THE DOORS AND SET IT ON FIRE!
    No Linje Aquavit for you wise guy, you have to drink that horrific American lite beer.

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    No Linje Aquavit for you wise guy, you have to drink that horrific American lite beer.
    That's OK, I've brought Paulaner Dunkel Weiss. German's make fine beer, and ladies I might add.

I had to look up what "Linje Aquavit" was. Sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    I had to look up what "Linje Aquavit" was. Sounds interesting.
    Probably wasn't served where you were stationed. I had to be assisted, (carried), back to my ship twice in 10 years, the first time was after my introduction to Aquavit in Copenhagen by a little Canadian lass. I am afraid I may not have impressed her favorably.

THUCYDIDES.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast