Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Benefits of coffee

Sorry no more cat fights yet, the Hooting and Hollering guy had a woman opponent but he was very nice and gave her the max contribution at the beginning of his spiel.... Not all that many women running.

Im pooped out today, got lots of paperwork to do so I stayed home tonight. Wayne spoke at the NRA dinner. It was sold out and he was invited as a speaker so i couldnt get in anyway no staff tag alongs. I am sure glad he likes speaking, I DREADED it when i was the sucker... I mean candidate...

I am looking into opening an indoor pistol range here, I need to make a business plan to get investors. It would get alot of business there is no public range in the area.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Wow, you fear nothing do you? I didn't mind running the Army range when I was in the Reserves, it was already built and all I had to do was get shooters to the line and out the door without anybody shooting each other.

You can get the technical specs from the NRA but considering you live in Connecticut they may have a wrinkle or 3 that could trip you up. I wish you all the luck in the world, if anybody can do it you can. Don't know what I can do to help but if there is anything you can think of give me a holler.

Bet that would look great on your resume as a pro 2nd, pro business candidate. Business owner having to live within a budget unlike many politicians and no question about where you stand on the Bill of Rights. Shucks I'd vote for you 3 times if they would let me get away with it.

By the way your campaign posters on my fence made it through the winter in good shape.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Thats great news OG, those were really nice signs and I got a great deal on them.. I still have the extra large ones. I dont know if I will run for anything big again. I on the board of assessment appeals, elected. That was not too difficult, I told a reporter I was running because I felt it was my responsibility to serve and that I belive property rights must be preserved. Thats about all I did to get elected...But the main reason I did was because my town committee needed someone to fill that position on the slate.

I found a great location for a range, I have to get all the info on it. It is a long concrete building with a long concrete basement. I will need to put together a business plan to present to investors. I met sooo many people working in politics hopefully I can find a few peoples to invest. I saw the NRA kit I just have not ordered it. The congressional campaign Im working on has really picked up speed eating my time up. We got some offical fundraisers on the team this morning.

My former Marine son quit his police job tonight, hes been struggling, I am urging my newly medically retired son to get him to the VA. He seriously needs to talk to someone, please pray for him Im very concerned. He put on a brave face tonight, I took the kids overnight. Im hoping his brother can get him to open up and get to the VA.

Prayers being said for him and every veteran that served for the last 10 years over there. Hopefully he can talk to his brother or another veteran, nobody else can quite understand like a vet can with shared experiences.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    My former Marine son quit his police job tonight, hes been struggling, I am urging my newly medically retired son to get him to the VA. He seriously needs to talk to someone, please pray for him Im very concerned. He put on a brave face tonight, I took the kids overnight. Im hoping his brother can get him to open up and get to the VA.
    I wish I wasn't 3000 miles away. I hope he seeks the help. When it gets rough enough to affect your life, it talk time. For me it's the constant vigilance and anxiety like I'm outside the wire, but others might have memories of horrific events or resurgence of fears or god knows what. There are different talk therapies. Some one on one with a therapist, some in a group of vets who shared the same war, some let the vet and his family go through the talking together. Sometimes the responsibilities of life just get to be too much and you get the old feelings bubbling up. You want to just take care of yourself and/or the team. It's simpler. Get mission, prepare for mission, do mission, return from mission, eat, go to bed. Repeat. The war is over but the mind has been programmed. Putting on a brave face will cause more hurt in the long run. It is much harder for the combat vet to accept help than to put on that strong front. Once he finally crosses that line into accepting the help of others from the VA, Chaplin, mental heath, etc. A weight of an 800 lb. Gorilla will be lifted from his back. Tell him to trust ME on this. Allen would say the same. Going to the VA saved my life and my marriage. You should research who is the best reps. Call some "combat arms" armories who have deployed in the area and they will point you to the "type A" go getters that will take care of your boy. Mine is Racheal Krokus, but she is here in the Portland, OR area. There are duds, I've run into them and your son will be turned off immediately, so please find the best if you can.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

I dont tend to pray a whole lot, but there are people I pray for. My kid and those who puts their life on the line for the freedom most of us takes for granted. Domestic or not. I got a friend who suffered from some bad shit after his year in Lebanon. The scars are still there, but breaking up the appearence and get the feelings out there helped alot. Ill have little one to light a candle and pray for him too. The kids should know what it takes and pay some respect. They should know that freedom has a price. So your son will be the first soldier she prays for, thats a promise.
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

Thank you so much all, The Prayers helped.

I had a frank talk with him and his brothers did as well. He also met with his leadership at work today. They are willing to work with him to take him out of the job that is making his stress level too high. He told me he was afraid he was becoming one of "the bad guys" and That was scaring him.

He is in the works of getting his GI Bill paperwork and going back to school and to the VA with his brother to seek treatment. My other son is not ashamed to seek help, I think it was very difficult for him as well to get to that point as well so he is very happy to help.

We will keep up the prayer and support. Thanks again.

This step will make his live so much better, I think he has been soldiering along suffering in silence for years.

Hey its SPRING!!!!! Where are you OG, more counting the big day is here.

Got spring fever and itchy trigger finger all at the same time. Check the competition forum to see what I did today

THUCYDIDES.

Competition Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    Competition Forum?

Yup, this competition is set up just for shooters like you who pack a handgun. No trophies, just a fun 10 rounds with no sighting in or practice shots beforehand. You pull your gun out of the holster, and shoot at 15 yards just like you would if it was for real to see where your shots go. I was surprised at how far off my 22 was and how big my 357 group was but my 44 mag groups made me feel a little better. This is a gun board and I am trying to shake some of the shooters out of their tree's.

THUCYDIDES.

Sounds like fun....Dont know if I will be able to post anything in the competition forum this month. But Ill try to drop by the April competition. And I will use my Pardini GT9. I know its dead on, so out of the holster should work. One hand or what?.. Oh, and where do I find the right target size?

Im not sure when I will be able to shoot in the near future, campaign commitments are eating up all my time. In the next couple of weeks will try and make some time and show you how I do.

We went to DC yesterday, Wayne got into the Grover Norquist meeting and spoke. WOW did that open some doors! Another trip is in the future to address some other groups and media events.

English Pub Experience

I was in a pub on Saturday night. Had a few.

I noticed two large girls by the bar.

They both had strong accents so I said: "Hi, are you two girls from Scotland ?"

One of them chirped: "It's WALES you friggin' idiot!"

So I immediately apologized and said: "Sorry, are you two whales from Scotland ?"

Then the lights went out !!!! Do you suppose it was something I said?

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedning View Post
    Sounds like fun....Dont know if I will be able to post anything in the competition forum this month. But Ill try to drop by the April competition. And I will use my Pardini GT9. I know its dead on, so out of the holster should work. One hand or what?.. Oh, and where do I find the right target size?
    Rules and target in the thread.
    http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...-GUN-CHALLENGE

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    I was in a pub on Saturday night. Had a few.

I noticed two large girls by the bar.

They both had strong accents so I said: "Hi, are you two girls from Scotland ?"

One of them chirped: "It's WALES you friggin' idiot!"

So I immediately apologized and said: "Sorry, are you two whales from Scotland ?"

Then the lights went out !!!! Do you suppose it was something I said?

That was a good one OG. I got to tell that one to my friend from Scotland.

I dont know how its over there. But the weather is too good over here. 70F today. That is not normal. I should be wearing gloves for several weeks and out. I cant complain, but Im worried about the average annual temp. If the heath gets used up now we gonna have a shitty summer. Annual average temp almost never fails....

Couple days of 26+C and a week of 21C to 23C then bam down to 7 and I am running a fever and have the screaming get outta my way I gotta get to the toilet runs. This is killing me. I need it to get cold and stay cold or get warm and stay warm.

At least I got a little shooting in and I now have another pretty little toy so I know I am going to live.

3 of my toy stores finally admitted they won't order .454 balls because nobody else wants them. Makes me want to look for a new toy store but he has been to good to me and all the others in my area say the same thing. Had to break down and order a mold.

The new gun is older but never been fired. I'm looking forward to making it smoke.

Hope you can get out and shoot a gun or two or three for the challenge match. Even your BP guns qualify if you have holsters for them and you have worn the holster with the gun in it.
    Last edited by old Grump; 03-26-2012 at 07:07 PM.

THUCYDIDES.

Have you bought yourself an 1860 or is it an 1851 Navy? Good boy either way. You are on to something. I got holsters for a couple of old timers, I might try the hot rodded Rogers & Spencer. I should be able to get a lot of points just for the amount of smoke. I use 40 grs in it. It shoots 464 balls, bore is 448. So when they exit they are ogivals, one of the reasons why it shoots so got damn straight.

The sun backed out and it was down to 10C today. Not so bad. Supposed to get colder though.

Except for my inline rifle what you see in that picture is what I have for black powder. Old retired codgers on fixed incomes have to buy judiciously. Just ordered my die for the round balls, I'll just make all my own and not bother trying to find them in the stores. This way if they aren't any good it's my fault and nobody else's. Now the wait for the molds.

Weather is bouncing back and forth from rain to sunny to cloudy and back again, temps between 10 and 20C. Had to go to eye doctor today to get my new glasses. So much for buying ammunition for the next month or three. At least now I can read the fine print and I can see the front sight, that was beginning to be an eye squinting exercise that left me tired and sore after a nice day of shooting.

You still have 3 days to get a target posted for the 2,3,4 challenge match.

THUCYDIDES.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast