Thread: Romney wins CPAC???

Romney wins CPAC???

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...oll/?hpt=hp_t2

I guess the group that started to challenge the old guard of the Republican party has gone mainstream. On a side note they changed the way the votes were cast this year, which resulted in Paul ending up in 4th instead of 1st where he's been in the last two conventions...

This is a big shocker to me...
    Last edited by mriddick; 02-11-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Link doesn't work.

Does that work? They must of moved it when it came out he won Maine alittle later...

Romney sucks donkey balls and will not beat Obama, get use to four more.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

That one works.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...oll/?hpt=hp_t2

I guess the group that started to challenge the old guard of the Republican party has gone mainstream. On a side note they changed the way the votes were cast this year, which resulted in Paul ending up in 4th instead of 1st where he's been in the last two conventions...

This is a big shocker to me...
    Could you expand on how they changed how the votes are tallied?

Not tallied, cast. They moved from paper ballots to electronic voting. In previous votes there was a concern the RP's supporters were manipulating the vote so they could win, so the changes were made to the procedure.

With paper ballots if you didn't use it yourself someone else could, or if one team was just more motivated they would get higher results.
    Of course I predict some will say electronic votes are easier to change and that's why RP did not do so well this turn

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Romney sucks donkey balls and will not beat Obama, get use to four more.
    Yup. Face it, the pinkos have us beat guys. We simply are not organized enough, or close enough, to work together as a group. Personally, I think it's the "Christian Right" thing. My generation and younger just can't get in bed with the "Church & State" thing.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    New ballot supervisor this year,. Michael Moore come out and take a bow please...oops belay that, just nod you head we don't want to have to try and pick you up again.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

To be fair it brings CPAC vote results to more in line with national polls and actual election votes. It was always suspicious that RP had a tough time getting more then 20% of the vote nationally yet would take home solid wins year after year from CPAC.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Not really, he used to give a talk there and 30% of the vote isn't exactly an overwhelming win but he was the conservative among those who claimed to be conservative. This year he was busy elsewhere and didn't make an appearance. I suppose he figured his time would be better spent where the votes counted for something.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Statistically speaking that is still a 100-50% increase over his apparent appeal nationwide. When I'm talking solid wins you also got to remember he was winning by margins of 50% over his next opponent.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I'm guess the Romney champaign felt it needed conservative cred and stacked the meeting...

... the Paul bots have been doing that for years...

Gatta admit that they're good at selling shit sandwiches to republicans. 0bamney is about as close to 0bama as a rino gets. What an incredible multibilliondollar extravaganza they play out for us, this political theatre of democrats and republicans, where they make us see as two diametrically opposed groups what is in essence one single whole, all owned and operated by international banksters.

WELL? I guess for the first time in my life its time to vote for an empty beer can. I am 58 yrs old and watching the country i love go to hell and very fast buy the way, and people crying all over the place "we cant beat Obama" well then ifs it is over already then just get your wallet out and pay all the future bills to the Comrade. watch what happens to our precious 2nd Ad when he has 4 more yrs to play,hell all he needs is one more justice to roll the high court then we can all cry in our empty beer cans when the ATF makes us turn in anything semi? Go ahead and cry,me i will vote for anyone the RNC puts up on the ticket and yes even an empty beer can.,Hell Hillary Clinton is more conservative than this guy. WAKE UP! Quit bickering and start sounding just a little positive? You younger guys you really need to wake up, YOU ARE THE ONES WHO WILL PAY THIS 16 trillion nightmare that has been run up. I know you all think dad and g-pa are and were nut cases,but are they really? for what telling you no over certain issues as your hormones raged at 15 or 16.Well it is gonna be your world in just a few very short yrs,do not blow it be fore even leaving the driveway for gods sake.