well looks like the third gun in my collection is a new stainless steel ruger 10/22 from wally world. wife found the rings i got her for valentines day early so she let me get a plinker (i kinda put the idea in her head since i go shooting all the time now that a .22 would save us alot of money in the long run hehe, i need more shiny objects ) anyways kinda new to .22's believe it or not so i had a few questions:

1. first off what type of sights would you recommend? a red-dot sight, or a 4-6x scope, etc? what brand, model, etc. (dont wanna put too much into it but want quality nonetheless)

2. stock is really short for my arms and gives it the "youth rifle" feel, is there any good aftermarket stocks that are longer that wont break my bank? my wife will be shooting too hopefully so an adjustable would be cool.

3. cheapo bipod? nothing heavy duty, just stable and cheap. i like shooting for accuracy as i think its a valuable skill to have with all my firearms

4. what distance should i sight in this thing for? is it worth sighting in at 100 yards, the ballistics of this thing dont seem too good, and id like to take it squirrel/dove hunting

5. best ammo? bought a 550 round 36 grain federal hp "value" pack, just grabbed it cuz i dont know no better

6. best magazines? i was surprised at the options, and im kinda interested in the cheap $50 drum mags that are available, but i dont want to buy something that jams alot (read a few reviews) if they have problems i think a 25-30 round mag would be substantial but what are the most reliable brands? (i dont mind paying a bit more for something more rugged and reliable when it comes to magazines)

thanks for all the help im a .22lr newb but it seems like it will be a blast to shoot all day without hurting my pockets like my ak or my .45

-kk