Thread: Snooze, you lose!

Snooze, you lose!

I read the local for sale paper every week. I always check guns first, cars second, then motorcycles. I have been wanting to replace my 69 camaro, but would settle for other first generation cars. Well, next town over. 68 camaro. built 350, 4 barrel carb. Runs great, nice car. must sell. 3k!! Sold first thing this morning. Oh well, not meant to be.

Even if it needed some work. Great price.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    I read the local for sale paper every week. I always check guns first, cars second, then motorcycles. I have been wanting to replace my 69 camaro, but would settle for other first generation cars. Well, next town over. 68 camaro. built 350, 4 barrel carb. Runs great, nice car. must sell. 3k!! Sold first thing this morning. Oh well, not meant to be.

Even if it needed some work. Great price.
    If it was sitting on blocks with no interior or engine that is a good deal!

Deals are out there, good luck and I hope you come back to the 1st Gen fold soon!
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

I texted the seller what kind of work did it need. He responded. body wise nothing but paint. but the motor needed some work, that's about it.

Talk about day ruined!

The add right below it reads. 68 camaro needs restored. lots of new parts included. all original including 6 cylinder, motor, automatic transmission and rear end. includeds a 350 built up to approx 500 hp. 6k firm.

$6k for all that is still reasonable in todays market. My mom bought what ended up to be my first '69 Camaro, brand new on 9-22-1969 for $2,700.

So far, I have $18k invested, including the cost of the replacement '69, and I need ~$3,500 just to be on the road. And none of this includes body/paint. In the end, it will be at $27,000+!

Member Since 07/2002

I sold my (true) 69 SS back in 2000, the body had less than 60k miles on it. The crate 350 I had in it less than 2k miles on it. Black on black. For 7k. Bought a john deere lawn tractor with the money. Man I miss that car!

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    I sold my (true) 69 SS back in 2000, the body had less than 60k miles on it. The crate 350 I had in it less than 2k miles on it. Black on black. For 7k. Bought a john deere lawn tractor with the money. Man I miss that car!

Yeah, selling was pretty tough. I needed to because I was in an accident (in the Camaro), ended up with a medical retirement and three fused vertebrae in my neck. Damage to the car was minimal. I had that car for 22 years and had been around it since it was new. At the end she was fast. Two years prior, built a 383 stroker with DART heads, Hyd roller cam, Holly Pro-Jection with 900cfm TB, and meticulously built. Ran 11.80 on street tires and the most dismal 60ft times you can imagine, I had to ease into it off the line or the tires would just melt down. Ran against a '70 Chevelle SS454, @60ft he had over two car lengths on me. Just after hitting second gear I was ahead by 2 lengths. Needless to say, he wanted to know what I was running and if there is NO2, he was pissed to find a totally natural small block!

Member Since 07/2002