Thread: OWS Finally Lists it Demands!

Thumbs up OWS Finally Lists it Demands!

They've come up with a 21-point agenda:

Elimination of the Corporate State.
    Overturning the “Citizens United” Case.
    Elimination of All Private Benefits to Public Servants.
    Term Limits.
    A Fair Tax Code.
    Health Care for All.
    Protection of the Planet.
    Debt Reduction.
    Jobs for All Americans.
    Student Loan Debt Refinancing.
    Ending Perpetual War for Profit.
    Emergency Reform of Public Education.
    End Outsourcing and Currency Manipulation.
    Banking and Securities Reform.
    Foreclosure Moratorium, Mortgage Refinancing and Principle Write Downs.
    Review and Reform of the Federal Reserve Banking System.
    Ending the Electoral College and Enactment of Uniform Federal Election Rules.
    Ending the War in Afghanistan and Care of Veterans.
    No Censorship of the Internet.
    Reinstitution of Civil Rights Including the Repeal of the NDAA.
    Curtailing the Private Prison Industrial Complex.

http://www.the99declaration.org/

Hell yeah! Now we're talking!

Time to drive this message home with our politicians, and start heckling those who disagree with these basic concepts.

Republicans and Democrats beware!
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

It's the same old same old isn't it, we want trillion dollar programs but really don't want to pay for it. Sure alot on that lists sounds good, but lets just take one...Jobs for All Americans, how do you do that? Do we cut wages so everyone works? Do we give them jobs regardless of the need? Do we force people to work? Do you force business to hire them? Does the government hire them?

Questions like that would sink most of those demands.

The devil is always in the details and I doubt OWS has thought this out much past we need this demand to get this group on board, we need that demand to get another group on board.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    So, the little marxist wants freedom while advocating for marxist dictatorship.

I belive it was Chairman Mao that said power comes from the barrel of a gun...and you best remember you don't own any.

I could get behind some of those. But as mriddick pointed out, easier said than done. Using his "jobs" example, we could require 40 hours labor from entitlement recipients. That would provide jobs for many of our unemployable. I doubt however that the 99 folks would get behind that.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Elimination of the Corporate State- to be accomplished how? Communism?
    Overturning the “Citizens United” Case.- Bad idea.
    Elimination of All Private Benefits to Public Servants.
    Term Limits. There is a method. It's called voting.
    A Fair Tax Code.- I can predict what they mean by that. Tax those filthy rich people who WORK for a living and create jobs... If they're talking about the FAIR tax, I'm onboard, but I bet they're not.
    Health Care for All. Buy your own damn healthcare instead of making me pay it at the point of a gun.
    Protection of the Planet.-ENOUGH with the green crap already. You want jobs but you want to regulate business out of business. IDIOTS.
    Debt Reduction- Funny, calling for all these gov't handouts but you want debt reduction. Did Obama write this list?
    Jobs for All Americans. Fine by me, gut nafta, gatt and all the other jobs bills for race to the bottom countries. Tariffs to pay for gov't like was intended.
    Student Loan Debt Refinancing. Nobody put a gun to your head and made you take out the loan. Grow up and live up to your responsibility. I assume you were 18 when you signed the loan papers.
    Ending Perpetual War for Profit. Agree. We should wipe out our enemies and leave.
    Emergency Reform of Public Education. Yeah you want real reform? That will be the day.
    End Outsourcing and Currency Manipulation. End the fed? I'm onboard.
    Banking and Securities Reform. What do you mean by that? Free money for all?
    Foreclosure Moratorium, Mortgage Refinancing and Principle Write Downs. FUCK OFF. Again you signed the papers with no gun to your head. A contract is what it is.
    Review and Reform of the Federal Reserve Banking System. See currency manipulation
    Ending the Electoral College and Enactment of Uniform Federal Election Rules. Bad idea. This is a Republic not a democracy. You scumbags want this so a few liberal areas can rule the entire country. Go fuck yourself. The founders picked this system for a reason, so jackholes like you can't rule over us.
    Ending the War in Afghanistan and Care of Veterans.Thought it was ending?
    No Censorship of the Internet. Agree
    Reinstitution of Civil Rights Including the Repeal of the NDAA. If you're talking about the Patriot act too, okay I'm onboard. And get rid of the TSA while you're at it.
    Curtailing the Private Prison Industrial Complex. No dog in this hunt, I don't commit crimes for a living, personally I don't care if we instituted throwing violent criminals out of airplanes without a parachute.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 02-16-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Protection of the Planet.

Jobs for All Americans.
    Ahh...the myth of "full employment" rears it's ugly head via the economically illiterate yet again...

Pol Pot worked out an effective solution to unemployment in his country.
    Maybe our government should be like him?
    It is what OWS is asking for after all.
    Careful what you wish for, you might get it.

I don't have time to make fun of the rest right now...pity.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    They've come up with a 21-point agenda:

Hell yeah! Now we're talking!

Time to drive this message home with our politicians, and start heckling those who disagree with these basic concepts.

Republicans and Democrats beware!

8 months of domestic terrorism and they finally get around to a fairytale list of demands= Epic FAIL!
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

I can't see Soros proxies desiring anything but marxism.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    A Fair Tax Code.....
    Does anyone here file sales tax returns? I don't mean companies that pay sales taxes, I'm talking about private purchases. Does anyone here have to keep a record of their purchases and file a sales tax return, then either pay more or receive a refund?

No? Why? Because it's taken care of at purchase time.

Why do we need the IRS and the insane, bloated tax code?

Why not have people get 100% of their pay as pay? Then when they purchase anything, they pay state and local sales tax (as always) as well as federal tax.

No way to cheat the system, no need for a giant bureaucracy (the IRS), no need for reams of paperwork at "tax time".

At first it would seem painful because everyone would pay much more in tax at every purchase, but it would be no different than having a smaller take-home pay. Pay it now or pay it later. No difference.

The more one spends, the more they pay. If the "hated super rich" buy a $10 million boat, then they pay the appropriate tax at purchase time. If a low income person spends little, they pay little in tax. 100% fair.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    The more one spends, the more they pay. If the "hated super rich" buy a $10 million boat, then they pay the appropriate tax at purchase time. If a low income person spends little, they pay little in tax. 100% fair.
    And if the rich buy that boat in the Caribbean and pay no tax?

They can make most large purchases offshore and pay no tax. Sure they will pay more overall by eating at nicer places, going out more, etc. But the rich don't need to spend near as much of their income percentage wise, as the middle class, or the poor.

That large convoluted tax code isn't set up so much to help the poor or the middle class but as ways for the rich to avoid paying what can already be seen as their fair share.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    And if the rich buy that boat in the Caribbean and pay no tax?

They can make most large purchases offshore and pay no tax. Sure they will pay more overall by eating at nicer places, going out more, etc. But the rich don't need to spend near as much of their income percentage wise, as the middle class, or the poor.

That large convoluted tax code isn't set up so much to help the poor or the middle class but as ways for the rich to avoid paying what can already be seen as their fair share.
    Please describe "fair share" for us you deomocrap loser.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Please describe "fair share" for us you deomocrap loser.
    A guy making 40 times what you or I could make paying less than you or I.

To me that's not right.

I'll admit that "fair" is a hard thing to define in this context, and hell, I may not even know it when I see it, but I do know grossly unfair when I see that.

I'm not an "eat the rich" kind of guy, I know they do alot for this country and I have no issue with a man getting rich. But I do believe that a man has obligations to the community...any man, rich or poor.

The idea of the fair tax is that it's supposed to be "fair" but "naturally progressive", the rich pay more by spending more. Which essentially is the same as the tax now, except without the "naturally" part. The real difference being, aside from the choice of not to buy (or to buy out of the country), is that the current tax scheme can also make it easier on the poor and middle class, allowing us to buy our needed things without as much strain.

The problem is, look at the terms we talk about it...the $10 million boat vs groceries. We have to put it in terms of extreme luxury items for the rich to even come close to making up the difference of income disparity.

It only takes a few of those boats bought offshore to really throw it out of wack

no need for a giant bureaucracy (the IRS)
    You are proposing making every retail businessman an unpaid tax collector of the government working against their own interest. Not to mention opening up every private business cash register to the feds pretty much at will and you don't see that as a giant burdensome bureaucracy? My guess you don't only because you don't see it impacting you...

Does anyone here file sales tax returns? I don't mean companies that pay sales taxes, I'm talking about private purchases. Does anyone here have to keep a record of their purchases and file a sales tax return, then either pay more or receive a refund?

No? Why? Because it's taken care of at purchase time.

Why do we need the IRS and the insane, bloated tax code?

Why not have people get 100% of their pay as pay? Then when they purchase anything, they pay state and local sales tax (as always) as well as federal tax.

No way to cheat the system, no need for a giant bureaucracy (the IRS), no need for reams of paperwork at "tax time".

At first it would seem painful because everyone would pay much more in tax at every purchase, but it would be no different than having a smaller take-home pay. Pay it now or pay it later. No difference.

sounds if you endorse a vat tax,i have for years but not sure how it would be implememnted as it would hurt the lower income strata just as a flat tax would.
    example..i have 1million a year in income,gov takes say 25%,you have 20 thou in income,gov takes 25%,not gonna hurt me as dearly as it will you..so flat tax to me sucks,or your back to huge tax code with exemtions for this or that,under this income level..etc.
    vat tax has more promise but i did not major in economics,i like it on it face value and probably could be implemented more fairly and with less of a huge tax code.
    i dont want to pay tax..i dont buy the big boat or fancy car.
    but imho,a vat tax would have to exemt day to day stuff like food/clothing..etc..thats were it gets tricky.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Wait. They left out "world peace."

They should demand world peace!

And if they don't get it, they should occupy every country's capital until they get it.