Thread: Whom the Gods Would Destroy

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway

Whom the Gods Would Destroy

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/...d_destroy.html

stolen fair and square from another board.

I really do not know N/A if this can happen anymore, there are so many people that do not have critical thinking skills.You have to be able to formulate thought to see these types of transgressions. I despise the IGNORANT voter, it kills me to know that a truly stupid person can cancell my vote.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

lol@president Hubris

(I was pretty sure he'd stepped in it when he publically pissed off the Catholics, they are pretty much the real power behind the nwo)

Oh please.

If anything, this latest non-issue over contraception is going to bring the Catholic Church to its knees. With 98% of all Catholics practicing birth control at some point in their lives, it just shows how out of touch the church leadership is with the lay people.

Most Catholics will vote Democratic as they usually do, except for the minority religious kooks who go to church every week and think the Pope is infallible. The Church's membership numbers will continue to decline as they have been for years (only Hispanic/Latino immigration has kept the numbers above zero, but even that is slowing with the down economy) -- people have seen the Church for what it is: a handful of misogynist, controlling authoritarian clergy, who think they are still relevant in the 21st Century.

Between all the sex abuse lawsuits that have shuttered entire diocese, and the declining contributions of tithes to the Church, it will only be a matter of time before the Vatican burns through its stockpile of riches before it finally ends up in the dustbin of history, where it belongs.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Oh please.

If anything, this latest non-issue over contraception is going to bring the Catholic Church to its knees. With 98% of all Catholics practicing birth control at some point in their lives, it just shows how out of touch the church leadership is with the lay people.

Most Catholics will vote Democratic as they usually do, except for the minority religious kooks who go to church every week and think the Pope is infallible. The Church's membership numbers will continue to decline as they have been for years (only Hispanic/Latino immigration has kept the numbers above zero, but even that is slowing with the down economy) -- people have seen the Church for what it is: a handful of misogynist, controlling authoritarian clergy, who think they are still relevant in the 21st Century.

Between all the sex abuse lawsuits that have shuttered entire diocese, and the declining contributions of tithes to the Church, it will only be a matter of time before the Vatican burns through its stockpile of riches before it finally ends up in the dustbin of history, where it belongs.
    You are so deluded or all you can see is thru your brown tinted glasses makes you think you have a clue.

This is not even worthy of discussion because as usual,
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    What people do and what they will put up with is not the same thing, especially when it comes to their religion...you dumb little marxist.

The 2012 Doomsday scenario is that there's enough stupid people in this Country today, to re-elect him.