Thread: muzzle brake/flash hider?

muzzle brake/flash hider?

wondering if it's possible to install on my new mak90's. both of mine have the tool markings only,as both have had the threads turned off. i'm thinking that maybe the new muzzle brake/flash hider could be opened up to accept the barrel's o.a.d. thus taking out the female threads. i could have it opened up pretty easily as i work in a machine shop. or i could open it up more liberally and use j.b.weld. any thoughts or have any of you done this?

eta: does this affect the compliance aspect any?

If they are showing the tool marks I'm guessing they weren't threaded to begin with. It would be easier to thread them. I saw someone here wanting to sell a once used die I'll look around for it.
    If the brake/hider is US you should still be compliant if I'm remembering all those stupid rules correctly
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Measure the diameter of the muzzle in front of the sight. If it is .550 or so, you can thread it to the standard 14x1mm left hand AK thread. If it is .500 or so, you can thread it to the US thread of 1.2x28 right hand. Several manufacturers make a slant brake in that smaller size.

Many MAK-90s were not finished as nicely as a Weatherby or Remington rifle, and the barrel was shipped rough cut. What looks like threads cut down on many MAK-90s is actually tool marks as they saved money by not doing a finish cut.

again thanks for sharing your knowledge! i'll be at a local gunshow this next weekend and i'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a 14x1mm(lh)die.