Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boiled, steamed, perked, or dripped... Coffee for every taste!

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    No trees also adds a view. I have winter views here; or I can see for miles when the leaves are gone. Here land is very expensive when it has a view. What comes with the view is winter winds. lol
    The liberal politicians in this state figured the citizens should pay a tax if you have a view. If you can see the mountains or water, you have a view and will get taxed. Some landowners figured out that the state usually take pictures of their land in the winter to justify the view. No leaves, nothing to block the view from the mountains of water. The land owner return in late Spring with another picture as proof that there's no view. That usually takes care of that tax until the next time the land get assessed.

I forget who is was in the General Discussion, but he was going around refurbishing fire lookouts. He posted a picture of one that gave me an idea for a shooting cottage. It had a deck all the way around. Living quarters, and what looked to be a kitchen. Because it was slightly higher than the land around, you would have a good shot from the deck. The deck would also make a great place to kick back, read a book, and listen to music.
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    Heading up to Squim, WA today to visit. We are staying in a house we are renting on the coast there. My mom and her husband will meet us there and so will our kids.

My wife wants to take us out to the New Dungeness light house at the end of a 6 mile sand spit to show us where she was a light keeper for a year back in the late '80s.
    I guess civilians maintain the place now.

Her ex husband was coast guard and that is where they got stationed.
    She was 22 years old in this article.
    http://articles.latimes.com/1987-12-..._1_coast-guard

http://www.newdungenesslighthouse.com/

Myself... I'm looking forward to hitting Cabelas on our way back Sunday! Yay!
    Squim used to be a farming community years ago. It's also the only desert in Western Washington. Because of the very mild climate, people started retiring there. I haven't been there for years, but the last time I was there, I notices quite a few housing developments and condominiums getting built there. I hope you take pictures!

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Quote Originally Posted by 63DH8 View Post
    The liberal politicians in this state figured the citizens should pay a tax if you have a view. If you can see the mountains or water, you have a view and will get taxed.
    The liberals here discussed putting meters on wells and a flatulence tax on farm animals. Probably the only thing liberals won't tax is being a liberal. LOL

The liberals here discussed putting meters on wells and a flatulence tax on farm animals. Probably the only thing liberals won't tax is being a liberal. LOL

Our Seattle liberals are talking about taxing collected rainwater. They figure it's water that is stored for use, therefore it's water that should be taxed. If Seattle gets away with this, our State capital will soon follow! It's one more reason I want out from this side of the mountains.

I know a rancher in Eastern Washington who put cammo nets up over the Quonset huts that he keeps his bales of hay in. He said the state taxed him for the structures. Because of the location, he figured the State used Google Earth or Maps to find the buildings. It's been two years since he put the nets up, and the taxes are no longer.

IMO, we will see increased taxes and fees. Baa-roke is a spend-o-holic.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by 63DH8 View Post
    Squim used to be a farming community years ago. It's also the only desert in Western Washington. Because of the very mild climate, people started retiring there. I haven't been there for years, but the last time I was there, I notices quite a few housing developments and condominiums getting built there. I hope you take pictures!
    A beautiful day for a 12 mile hike with the family.

Heather lived here for a year. She got to show her kids around.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Brian, open google earth or google maps, then plug these numbers in, then hit enter.

48.181775,-123.110138

It gives you a perspective.

Good Morning, beautiful pictures.

63D what if you are blind? do they still tax you for having a view??

I attended the "Restoring Honor Rally". What an experience. The proceeds went to the Special Operators Warrior Foundation. I visted the Memorials and other great places too. It was awesome.

http://www.glennbeck.com/828/

Kathy,
    Even conservative estimates put the crowd at 300,000 plus. A local talk radio host said even the liberal counter demonstrators were treated politely and after a while they lowered their signs to walk around.. lol

HDR there was at least one million people there. It was the most amazing experience, when the geese flew over they wend right over us. A helicopter was circling slowly over head, getting photos of the crowd. It circled wider and wider so we assumed they crowd was gathering beyond the trees where we couldnt see any further.

A friend of mine came with me, shes older than me but a Med student. We left on the side where the Sharpton protesters were approaching, they were angry looking and wouldnt make eye contact but they walked past without making trouble.

The crowd was the most amazing group of civil people I ever saw. The girl who sang was at the Washington Memorial the night before singing on a wall. Nice.

Smack down team LOL

Kathy! You go girl!!!! You're what Liz calls a "Woman of action"! You make things happen! Soon, when you take your political office, you're going to wonder what you got yourself into.

Nawwww!!! You'll do great!

Thanks 63D, she is a genuinely nice person. I supported Schiff until I met and talked to him a couple times. I have a better feeling with her covering the six of our Military friends and family.

Kathy,
    That is fantastic, it is a shame Bah-roke is so rigid in his ideology that he can't admit what everyone (including him) knows..
    It is good there wasn't any trouble; however, I sense that there will be sooner or later.

HDR Thanks, that is Linda McMahon of WWE, wrestling entertainment CEO. She is running for the Dodd seat in the Senate.

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

I've been looking around here; maybe get a thousand or so feet higher. I want some flat land this time so it is easy to shoot. lol...

I never knew you to take an easy shot.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

Quote Originally Posted by aliceinchains View Post
    I never knew you to take an easy shot.
    Nor did I ever want to be caught walking the top of a ridge.

lol

This is an amazing find, found in an attic....
    " LONDON (Sept. 6) -- Rare color footage of the bomb damage inflicted on London during World War II has surfaced just in time for 70th anniversary of the Blitz.

The dramatic footage shows the destruction of several London landmarks, including the flagship John Lewis store on Oxford Street."

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article..._lnk1%7C169007

How is the campaign going?

How is the campaign going?
    Great! I get more and more signs up everyday. Today at the "Fall Festival" my campaign manager Alice and I met two people who told us story of how incumbent I am running against was rude and disrespectful to them at their door. They wanted my sign to put in their yard, when we put the info into our database we saw they are Democrats, the party of the incumbent!!! LOL

That is happening all over the three towns. I stopped at a house today, and a guy showed me his car.. he got a license plate at the DMV that said "nobama". He was giddy about it too. He and his wife wanted 2 yard signs one for each end of their yard. Similar things played out all day today. We got 8 signs up, I think I am almost to 2 thousand houses visited, hoping to reach 10K. I even went door to door on the bike...LOL I am having more fun than I thought possible, or maybe should be allowed to have.

People are as fed up as I am and as I go, its getting exciting.
    Last edited by kathy; 09-11-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast