Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Boiled, steamed, perked, or dripped... Coffee for every taste!

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    Hey, dont ruin my good time. I have been bragging to my sons about the NRA endorsement. The "Republican-American" also endorsed me, I just found out. Weird none of these groups or papers tell you. I have to learn through the grapevine. I cant wait until tomorrow is over, a new tire for my bike and plan on riding after this is over.

edit: The gun club went well. They may even help out at the polls.
    In your case they got it right. Here, I listened to a bunch of people "expressing" themselves about the NRA and Schuler. It cost the NRA members. The VFW did the same thing; almost everyone they endorsed was good, then they seriously goofed.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Good luck to you Kathy.

Off to work I go...
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Congratulations Kathy! I knew you were, as Liz puts it, "a woman of action"! If you got this far, you'll get the seat. All you have to do is keep pounding away on the issues, speak the truths, and show where the politicians in office haven't remembered that taxes are the people's money, not the politician's, and how they need to remain with-in a budget like the rest of us. My girls and I are proud to know you!
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

A hell of a good fight

One heck of a good show Kathy and considering you started from a dead start with no name recognition you gave a good bloody nose, lip splitting, head ringing fight. They will know who you are the next time. You did a lot more than the rest of us about trying to make a change.

State House District 89: 5 of 5 precincts 100%
    Vickie Nardello* [Dem] X 5,418 (53%)
    Katheryn Brown [GOP] 4,711 (47%)
    Bethany, Prospect, Cheshire

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    One heck of a good show Kathy and considering you started from a dead start with no name recognition you gave a good bloody nose, lip splitting, head ringing fight. They will know who you are the next time. You did a lot more than the rest of us about trying to make a change.

State House District 89: 5 of 5 precincts 100%
    Vickie Nardello* [Dem] X 5,418 (53%)
    Katheryn Brown [GOP] 4,711 (47%)
    Bethany, Prospect, Cheshire
    Yes, I beat her in her hometown. I spent less than 5 thousand to her 30 thousand most of which was taxpayers money.

edit: I have been sick for over a week, I will enjoy resting.

edit again: I think it was the gun club that put me over the winning mark in Prospect, I spoke to them on the eve of the election and they called friends and relatives who then voted for me. Maybe they will let me join now. ha ha
    Last edited by kathy; 11-03-2010 at 08:12 AM.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    A big pot of home made chicken soup with dumplings, a big mug of the best coffee you can afford and a nice long leisurely bike ride will fix you right up. My company just left and is back in California, there is room for you in the little hut in the woods and a set of targets that need to be shot at if you want to make it a long ride.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

At 47%, you'll kick her butt next time. Point out where she failed to keep her promise, and how you'll solve them, and you'll bag it! You did outstanding, none-the-less!
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

Thanks. I would love to ride to your place OG if i had any vacation left. Its all used up. Maybe I could get there in the summer, I would love to meet Janet too.

I have decided to run again in 2012, Alice my campaign manager really wants to do it. And all of my volunteers too. We can start raising money now and with lessons learned we will kick some royal butt. We retrieved the signs today to reuse.

Among the most memorable people along the way:

* the fella who formed just the Young Marines chapter in the district... I am going to apply to volunteer with his newly formed chapter. We never had one in CT before.

*The WWII Veteran who is all alone in the world. His 5 brothers and 3 sisters all gone. Brothers were WWII and BIL all WWII. I asked him if I could come visit after the campaign he was delighted at the thought, I was honored. I want to bring him to the memorial in DC.

*the old woman who said "Jesus loves you little one" to a bird singing in the bush next to us. Sounds goofy but there was something special about her. She wants me to stop in for tea.

* the gun club who I believed was hostile toward me, but I was wrong.

*the lady with the most awesome little dog whom I convinced to vote.(her not the dog, but if he could he would have voted for me)

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    My hats off to you Kathy! Well played!
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678