Thread: Please help me with my AK Romanian side folder

Please help me with my AK Romanian side folder

Ok well I bought a Romanian sidefolder today at the Gun Show it looks great and seems to work great but when opened or closed the stock doesnt lock completley it feals snug but with a little pull i can fold or unfold without having to push the lock button so Im thinking something is wrong anybody here have an Idea? this is My first sidefolder so Im just a bit in the dark here

sosunds like you got a lemon,they are hard to test for strength without being on a rifle

I don't have access to mine right now, but they are very straight forward. The mechanism is rather large and primitive. There is a button at the rear, which needs to be pressed if you're going to either open or close the thing. So you need to check if it pops into the locked position once the stock is open. Other than that, look for damaged parts.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Make sure it's clean - like there's nothing in the mechanism that could prevent it from caming completely - if it is , then a little milling in the right spot should allow it to lock - it should be obvious where - and these are assembled with pins IIRC.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Agreed.

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    What kind of sidefolding stock is it, poly, or metal? If metal, oil the button shaft
    and where pieces rub against each other' If it's poly it might be broke.
    Just me and my monkey....