Thread: I couldn't resist

I couldn't resist

So I was driving home from work a few days ago, and happend to go past a local gunshow. I didn't even want to look at it, but after a few minutes, I had to turn the car around and check it out. There's no harm in just looking after all, right? Then of course I ran into a buddy of mine at the show, and he showed me some Polish Tantals. After seeing the price tag on the rifles, I caved. I thought that $485 out the door wasn't that bad for one of these, what do you guys think?

Last edited by Justin; 02-20-2012 at 12:10 PM.

I think its great to own a polish AKM regardless of price. Go over the assembly well, I've heard of some alignment problems and a few oversized barrels. Price seems a bit high but once you add up the dealer shipping + your sales tax its fair money for gun in hand... ($399 from centerfire for CAI build tantal). APEX has some nice black polymer tantal mags.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up

I like it! Have considered getting one but seem to recall that there are two differnent ones being made. One by Century which may have some issues and one by some other maker that IIRC was better made but more expensive.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I think its suweet! Good job! Ammo is cheap - check Southern Ohio Gun - they have some Rusky for $3.35/30round box if you buy a case ($241 + shipping).
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I can see why that rifle would not let you leave without it!

Nice Tantal, enjoy!!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Looks good and you can't complain about the price of surpluse Russian ammo. Congrats!