Thread: Mercedes C250CDI

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Mercedes C250CDI

Check out this model Mercedes C250CDI, it gets over 50 miles to the gallon with a turbo diesel engine, yet it isn't for sale in America! We get stuck with shitbox hybrids, and crappy electric cars. Check it out! I'm mad as hell!
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...-C-Class-Coup-
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Diesel editions of gas powered cars are very popular in GB and the rest of Europe; don't you ever watch Top Gear? Heck amn they hae them on there all the time, and for years.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Mercedes have made some truly great diesel powered cars.

Unfortunately back in the days when Roger Smith ran the once great General Motors, he soured the idea of the diesel as good transportation by making junk diesels using gasoline engines for the core. When that didn't work, and we who bought them were left holding the bag, diesels were looked down upon, and too bad for all.

A couple of years ago I got the opportunity to drive a Mercedes E-class diesel on a test track, and if they had not told me it was a diesel, I would have never have guessed it. Even from the outside you could barely hear the engine as the hood had sound blockers on it to keep the diesel clatter from being heard.

These new ones take it to an even higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Diesel editions of gas powered cars are very popular in GB and the rest of Europe; don't you ever watch Top Gear? Heck amn they hae them on there all the time, and for years.
    I don't get to see much TV working in the sand box. I heard rumors for years about high mileage diesels being sold in Europe, but it didn't hit until I picked up that British newspaper and saw the article. I heard that the EPA was deliberately blocking sales of these cars, saying they don't meet pollution standards! This is BS because the EU has stricter standards than the US!

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I don't get to see much TV working in the sand box. I heard rumors for years about high mileage diesels being sold in Europe, but it didn't hit until I picked up that British newspaper and saw the article. I heard that the EPA was deliberately blocking sales of these cars, saying they don't meet pollution standards! This is BS because the EU has stricter standards than the US!
    Oh man, Top Gear has been on LONG Before you ever went into any sandboxes. LOL, If you have Netflix you should check it out, funny ass show.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

The point is, how come these high mileage diesel engines are not being offered in America? I don't give a fuck about Top Gear!

Team GunsNet Bronze 02/2014

All I can say is... because we are ruled by useless idiots that love sleeping with environmental wackos which in turn love to screw us!!!!! I read an article in the summer of 2008 about GM spending MILLIONS on research for a new small diesel to run in 1/2 ton trucks... it was going to come out the next year.... then the SHTF so to speak....Prices on gas and diesel went through the roof... Still ain't seen that 1/2 ton shortbed with the diesel that should get around 30 mpg!!!!!! I'm still waiting.... But honestly... till that trash in detroit pays back every penny they soaked the taxpayers for I can't even consider butin any chrysler or gm product made after 08!!!!!! ok.. Rant off...

While not a big fan of Mercedes, I'd love to see a Toyota Tacoma with a small turbo-diesel. They wouldn't be able to keep those bitches in stock!

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    The point is, how come these high mileage diesel engines are not being offered in America? I don't give a fuck about Top Gear!
    It's just it seemed like a revelation to you, but anyone who has ever seen that show KNOWS how many of them there are in Europe. I just don;t know why they don;t catch on over here.
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton