Thread: Texas Kerr county residents please check in

Texas Kerr county residents please check in

I just had lunch with James Schaffner who is running against (current anti silencer sheriff) Rusty Hierholzer for the Republican nomination for Sheriff.

A number of people have posted here about how Sheriff Rusty Hierholzer refuses to sign their Form 1/4 for silencer (me included). I'd like you all to PLEASE consider voting for James Schaffner in the Republican Primary and help get a Constitutional Sheriff elected in Kerr County. Another person at this lunch (just five of us) explained that he had approached Rusty previously to get him to sign on as a "Constitutional Sheriff". Rusty refused saying that he did not want to associate with such a "cult". (Yes, Rusty did characterize the Constitutional Sheriff movement as a "cult".)

James Schaffner not only takes the oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution seriously, he understands what the 2A is about. Yep! he has no problem signing Form 1/4s, it's your right as part of the 2A. You can read a bit more about James Schaffner here:
    http://election2010.illumen.org/late...ger-hierholzer

I know this is short notice but there is a party debate tonight at K-Pub at 6:00. James will be outside before hand passing out flyers, talking with people and be available for questions. If at all possible, please stop by to meet the man and listen to the debate. They will be accepting written questions to be drawn for the candidates at the debate - Care to ask Rusty a question anyone?

I know that many have gone the trust rout in Kerr county because of Rusty's position but remember that James is running as a Constitutional Sheriff so please take a bit of time to learn about him, maybe support him, and hopefully vote for him in the Republican Primary this April 3 (early voting starts Mid March). Keep in mind that there is no Democrat candidate for sheriff so the only election that matters for Kerr county sheriff will be the Republican Primary.

If you know of any people that are Kerr County residents please let them know about this.

Thank you for your time in reading this. Anyone that wishes may contact me via PM if you wish on this. "No", I am not part of his campaign volunteers (yet lol) so I do not have any personal information to share - I just met the man today.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Wish I could help, but I'm not a Democrat so I can't vote in multiple states.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Sorry, can't help with the Sheriff either... but I can help you get a can.

Simply form a trust and apply for the can using the trust. That doesn't require the Sheriff's approval. So you can tell him to kiss your butt. Or maybe just get your can and enjoy it
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

What these assholes don't seem to understand is that they're not giving "their permission" as they have no such authority under the law. All they're doing by signing the form is acknowledging that an NFA regulated device is permanantly located within their jurisdiction. I think it would only make sense (from an LE stand point) to sign the form and know who has what vs. letting a person register to a trust that requires no LEO signature or state awareness (in Texas at least). Don't take me wrong. I'm in no way saying that I agree with them having to "sign off" on something that my grandparents could buy from a hardware store for $10-15...

Personally, I think it should be mandatory for the CLEO to sign the forms within a certain reasonable time frame. Our local chief is the same way. He won't even sign for his own cops to buy personal kit. SO, my trust has BEEN set up & drawings made for my can since last June and wouldn't ya know, I lost my job in August and it went on the back burner. Working since January and the project is about to begin again

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Dogblaster View Post
    What these assholes don't seem to understand is that they're not giving "their permission" as they have no such authority under the law. All they're doing by signing the form is acknowledging that an NFA regulated device is permanantly located within their jurisdiction. I think it would only make sense (from an LE stand point) to sign the form and know who has what vs. letting a person register to a trust that requires no LEO signature or state awareness (in Texas at least). Don't take me wrong. I'm in no way saying that I agree with them having to "sign off" on something that my grandparents could buy from a hardware store for $10-15...

Personally, I think it should be mandatory for the CLEO to sign the forms within a certain reasonable time frame. Our local chief is the same way. He won't even sign for his own cops to buy personal kit. SO, my trust has BEEN set up & drawings made for my can since last June and wouldn't ya know, I lost my job in August and it went on the back burner. Working since January and the project is about to begin again
    Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread. How you and the family been buddy? Good to know that you're back to work. Been craving me some Jimmy Chonga's texmex lately!
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

That's what i love about Tarrant County (Fort Worth). Sheriff Dee Anderson doesn't even blink when the form hits his desk. Then again, I guess it doesn't hurt when you send the form in with a copy of your driver's license and a Tarrant County Sheriff's Department ID card.

Brazarabit

agree with

I prefer herbal products as they are safer. These Indian ones are great. My friends were curious what happened that I lost some weight and look joyful. When I revealed my secret they also decided to use priligy uk.
    Dudes, this service is good! It is my third order. This time it is buy generic proscar and I have almost fine!
    Last edited by Brazarabit; 02-26-2012 at 03:08 PM.

If you can hold out longer the ATF has apparently removed the CLEO sign off according to some of the guys at subguns. We are just waiting for the news forms to come out.

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

That's good to here if it in fact turns out to be true Linx!