Thread: Dragunovs (SVDs) getting a face lift.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Dragunovs (SVDs) getting a face lift.

Looks like Russian arms makers are getting into the Magpul mood . IMO I like the looks of them.

http://networkedblogs.com/ulByv

"The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    I want one! Great... another boom stick I can't have.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

But can it shoot MOA?

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    Looks like Russian arms makers are getting into the Magpul mood . IMO I like the looks of them.

http://networkedblogs.com/ulByv

Interesting. Too bad we have that 'Shall Not Be Infringed' thing hanging over our heads, protecting us from all those rogue imported guns.

I like the removable gas block. Although it does seem like the Russians got bit by the tacti-cool thing as well. But I like the looks of the bottom one, with integrated suppressor.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I think I like the laminated buttstock better. Mine came with a laminated buttstock and a plastic forarm. My buttstock has the removable cheekpiece, this is a nice feature. I went to the show over in Indianapolis and found a laminated forarm(original) for it and stripped and refinished it. This works extremely well and looks really cool. Will post some pics when I figure out how...............................
    Last edited by RAY1946; 09-18-2012 at 07:07 AM.

If they made it like that from the start..

THey could call it something like "Super Saiga"

hint..
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!