Thread: Help me identify this RPK please

Help me identify this RPK please

Well here is my Chinese RPK. I'm not sure who it is made by and it has no import markings anywhere on the gun. all it says on the side is AK47S 7.62x39MM Made in China. the serial number is 87 0xxx. Can anyone tell me exactly what i have here and what its worth?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by imanaknut; 02-27-2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: added picture of your beauty!

Cant help u but it is damn sure beautiful! Very jealous
    "Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking"
    Bill Maher

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

You have a very rare Chinese RPK known as an 86S-7. Not much is known about them other than not many made it into the USA, but there were both 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 versions.

These later became the NHM-91, but are distinguishable by the fact that on the pre-ban 86S-7 the bipod mount was in front of the front sight, with the pin for locating the muzzle device on the bipod mount. The NHM-91 had the sight block in front of the bipod mount.

It is very hard to put a value on something so rare. Before the current rise in prices driven by fear, as well as many new people getting into the sport, I would have said the price for a new in box 86S-7 would be around $1200 to $1500, with a used but excellent one between $1000 and $1200, but these days adding $500 to those numbers would not seem to far out.

Nice way to join the site, with a very rare, highly collectible AK variant!!! Welcome!

PS, check the barrel very closely as many early Chinese had import or other markings in very, very tiny letters somewhere on the barrel.

damnit ur good, thats some ak knowledge there and even better to know dude got a sick rifle! very jealous
    "Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking"
    Bill Maher

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I have one:

But this is an 87S originally imported into Canada.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Funny thing about this rifle is that I have seen it listed with both designations. I am wondering if the 86S-7 was the domestic name, and 87S was the export name.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

...droolin' over here.
    видеодон