Leno asked Palin about the possibility of abandoning politics to host her own talk show one day.

"I hear once in awhile this comes open," Pain quipped, tapping Leno's desk. Leno told her she'd have to audition for the job by performing her own monologue.

"Hello. Thank you, Jay. Thank you. I'm so happy to get to be here. This is a thrill of a lifetime really. And Alaska, being so different from Los Angeles. Here when people have a frozen look on their face, I find out it's Botox.

"It is so beautiful here, though, so warm and beautiful. Back home, ooh, it was freezing. It was 5 degrees below Congress' approval rating.

"I've been really busy. I picked up a gig in Las Vegas at the Legends show, playing Tina Fey.

"And next I get to headline. I'll be the speaker at the NRA convention. So be there, or else.

"The truth is though I'm glad I'm not vice president. I'm glad because I would not know what to do with all that free time.

"But Jay, thank you so much for inviting me. I saw where it's been a few weeks of unfair, non-stop criticism, people who don't know the real story. And I just say, Jay, welcome to my world."