Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody else sick of the 3 Communists on this forum?

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    I'm not sick of their posts. Let em speak their mind like the rest of us. I'm man enough to have my beliefs being challenged. They seem to be man enough as well or they would have left by now.
    Yup.

Wart

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Kadmos is alright.

Is Printurd a commie, or just an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Hey guys. I'm only here at everyone's leisure. If the Admins ever feel I'm detracting from the quality of the board, I'll dutifully stop posting.

I kind of like this board for its free speech aspect though. On other forums like Free Republic or Democratic Underground, if you don't tow the party line you get censored and banned. I like how we can have this free and open back-and-forth around these parts, clear across the political spectrum.

I enjoy reading all the gun-related sections of this forum, even if I don't have much to contribute, YET. Gunreference1's steady stream of news in the Gun Control forum is handy to be able to catch all the latest gun rights news in one place.

I do think true trolls that aren't even interested in guns (like Joey and his friends) should probably be shown the door though.
    I have a feeling you'll not be posting here much after the elections if Barry is shown the door.

On the gun subject, if you like guns as much as you say, being a felon and not able to posses a firearm would wrench my guts. In fact, if I were in you situation, I'd never log on to a gun board to avoid the pain.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

It's not possible for me to argue/debate with a Troll or a Liberal on this site or in person. Just not going to happen. It's not hard for me to keep track of the views of Liberals at all. Seeing it here on a gun board is nauseating to say the least.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    I have a feeling you'll not be posting here much after the elections if Barry is shown the door.
    Well, if Mittens does somehow win, I probably will take a break from the boards for awhile.

I mean, at least with most Republicans you have the pro-gun issue to agree with. "A broken clock being right twice a day" and all that. But an anti-gun Republican has absolutely ZERO redeeming qualities whatsoever. It would truly be the worst of all possible worlds, from my perspective.

Not only would we probably be at war with Iran within a year, but there would be riots and unrest here at home as rich boy Romney guts the social safety net and sends millions into poverty and homelessness.

At that point, I think it would just be best to hunker down, focus on stocking up survival supplies for the retreat, and just wait for the fall of this once great nation.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Well, if Mittens does somehow win, I probably will take a break from the boards for awhile.
    How will you tell the difference ??? Oh......one has a 'd' and the other an 'r'.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    How will you tell the difference ??? Oh......one has a 'd' and the other an 'r'.
    Believe me, I'm not voting for either one of them!

But I think when it comes down to Obama vs. Mitt, its a case of would you prefer a disappointing friend remain in power or a mortal enemy take over?

I like to think Obama wouldn't let us get dragged into another expensive war with Iran, and wouldn't let poor people fall completely through the cracks. But who knows? He's already pretty much sold his soul to corporate interests, doesn't seem to have the balls to tax the rich to balance the budget. I don't see him suddenly growing a spine during his second term, when even when Democrats controlled Congress the first couple years of his first term he could barely get anything done.

Truth is, we're probably fucked either way.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

commanismses all up in here

But I think when it comes down to Obama vs. Mitt, its a case of would you prefer a disappointing friend remain in power or a mortal enemy take over?

I like to think Obama wouldn't let us get dragged into another expensive war with Iran, and wouldn't let poor people fall completely through the cracks. But who knows? He's already pretty much sold his soul to corporate interests, doesn't seem to have the balls to tax the rich to balance the budget. I don't see him suddenly growing a spine during his second term, when even when Democrats controlled Congress the first couple years of his first term he could barely get anything done.

Nor am I.

I like to think Obama wouldn't let us get dragged into another expensive war with Iran.....
    Not sure. Barry met yesterday in public with AIPAC and undoubtedly met privately last night where selected AIPAC members told Barry to name his price and administered various threats. With the stick and money applied by AIPAC, Barry meets with BennyTheNut today.

Remember, Benny gonna attack someone.

...... wouldn't let poor people fall completely through the cracks.
    Neither Barry nor Mittens will touch the present welfare system.

He's already pretty much sold his soul to corporate interests.......
    True. I view Barry as simply an extension of Dubya. Both sold out BIG time to Wall Street, the bankers. insurance companies, unions......

....doesn't seem to have the balls to tax the rich to balance the budget.
    The budget cannot be balanced by taxing the rich. However, by taxing the rich a poor economy can be made worse.

On that you may depend. We are decaying at an increasing rate........leaving only the question of 'when' and not 'if'.

Wart

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Not sure. Barry met yesterday in public with AIPAC and undoubtedly met privately last night where selected AIPAC members told Barry to name his price and administered various threats. With the stick and money applied by AIPAC, Barry meets with BennyTheNut today.

I heard that on the radio just a little while ago. I don't like the saber-rattling talk the president is engaging in at all.

Know this: if Obama does invade Iran before November, he will NOT be re-elected. He may gain some neo-con Republican support through his actions, but he will lose the entire anti-war left. There's already been too much patience over the Afghanistan withdrawal, Iran would simply be the last straw.

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg

I heard that on the radio just a little while ago. I don't like the saber-rattling talk the president is engaging in at all.

Know this: if Obama does invade Iran before November, he will NOT be re-elected. He may gain some neo-con Republican support through his actions, but he will lose the entire anti-war left. There's already been too much patience over the Afghanistan withdrawal, Iran would simply be the last straw.
    The anti-war left has no where to go as they would not vote for Gandhi if he ran under the 'R' banner.

Iran has the only population in the Middle East that both likes and admires the US*. An attack on Iran will drive the Iranian people back into the fold of the Mullahs they now despise. Israel is, of course, well aware of this fact and that will play into their decision. Israel's preference would be the entire Middle East hates us.

Israel is a very skillful player though they have certain advantages such as the fundamentalist Christians here and AIPAC to terrorize elected officials.

On-balance I expect Israel will attack Iran and the US will be fucked and participate. Even if we did not actually participate what country would believe we did not ? Approx none.

Wart

(*The Israelis consider us rubes and fools.)
    Last edited by Warthogg; 03-05-2012 at 01:45 PM.

The shame of it all is we, the people of the United States, and they, the people of Iran, are held captive by our respective "leadership" and if only the "leadership" alone of each belligerent fought all wars the rest of us would be much better off.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The shame of it all is we, the people of the United States, and they, the people of Iran, are held captive by our respective "leadership" and if only the "leadership" alone of each belligerent fought all wars the rest of us would be much better off.
    With this system, Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan would get elected or appointed every time!

As to the OT of this thread, I personally don't care to see LAGC's stupid shit that he blathers. However, beyond being a "soft troll" he stays within the rules and every 30th thread or so, he actually makes a good point. Regardless, as long as I am not required to read his posts, I don't mind him posting. Ditto for other members that I don't agree with.

It's the "hard trolls" that I have a problem with - Joey being a perfect example. The board ownership made the rules and the mods are the board's REO's so to speak - and it seems to work just fine with that line drawn.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    We would have world peace by morning !!

Wart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12