Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foods that you just can't eat.

was_peacemaker

Foods that you just can't eat.

Everyone has something they don't like. IMO the most disgusting foods on the planet would be.

Watermelon, Cantaloup, Northern Beans, Black eyed peas, shrimp, crab, lobster, oysters, clam (all shell fish makes me sick on my stomach for some reason), Lima beans, and about half the pork products.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Likem all.

Wart

Food from China, IMO it's time to start watching where your food is from.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Food from China, IMO it's time to start watching where your food is from.

Yeah no kidding! Wasn't it imported Chinese shrimp that was supposedly raised in sewage. All the Chinese did was pack it up with anti-biotics and send it over.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Likem all.

Wart
    Catfish? You can't like can't fish. That is another food I just can't eat.

Being homeless a couple of times in my life I can tell you there are foods you might avoid when here are other choices around and then there are foods you will eat if you are hungry enough.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    Catfish? You can't like can't fish. That is another food I just can't eat.
    LUV fried catfish, cole slaw and a good bottle of Mad Dog 20-20*.

Wart

*Maybe the finest wine with a screw-off cap.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Being homeless a couple of times in my life I can tell you there are foods you might avoid when here are other choices around and then there are foods you will eat if you are hungry enough.
    Well in that case you have to do what you have to do. Sorry you had to go through that mriddick.

was_peacemaker

Wart

Warthogg your good people, but has anyone ever told you that your a wild wild man?

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Everyone has something they don't like. IMO the most disgusting foods on the planet would be.

Watermelon, Cantaloup, Northern Beans, Black eyed peas, shrimp, crab, lobster, oysters, clam (all shell fish makes me sick on my stomach for some reason), Lima beans, and about half the pork products.
    Shit, I love them all.................................chris3

was_peacemaker
    I don't know how anyone can eat watermelon or shellfish. Yuck!

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Wart

I used to drink alot of mad dog, mixed half and half with beer. That way cheap beer was drinkable when I could not afford a decient beer. More and more higher end wine, the kind that sell around here for 10 bucks for three bottles, have screw caps......chris3

Any produce that is grown in Mexico is most likely grown using sewage. I won't touch any of it with the exception of Mango's because I know they aren't grown using sewage sludge.

Other than that, I hate Brussels sprouts, cabbage, Liver, tripe and beets. Also, while I love them I can't eat Australian Mussels. They are the only shellfish I have a reaction to. All other Mussels so far have been fine.

Anything else is fair game.

I have a friend that is allergic to chemical ferts and all forms of pesticide. He can't eat any fruits/veggies unless he is 100% sure it has never been sprayed or fed with anything chemical. If it has been, he swells up, stops breathing, and needs the hospital within Minutes. Always has an Eppi pen on him just in case, and they never expire before he has to use them. Sucks to be him.

I don't know how anyone can eat watermelon or shellfish. Yuck!
    Fucking Cracker.

Seriously though. A Nice Shrimp or Crawfish Etouffee.... Mmmmmm Mmmmm. Something is seriously wrong with you if you don't enjoy a plate of that or a nice bowl of seafood Gumbo.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post
    Any produce that is grown in Mexico is most likely grown using sewage. I won't touch any of it with the exception of Mango's because I know they aren't grown using sewage sludge.

Other than that, I hate Brussels sprouts, cabbage, Liver, tripe and beets. Also, while I love them I can't eat Australian Mussels. They are the only shellfish I have a reaction to. All other Mussels so far have been fine.

Anything else is fair game.

I have a friend that is allergic to chemical ferts and all forms of pesticide. He can't eat any fruits/veggies unless he is 100% sure it has never been sprayed or fed with anything chemical. If it has been, he swells up, stops breathing, and needs the hospital within Minutes. Always has an Eppi pen on him just in case, and they never expire before he has to use them. Sucks to be him.
    I am with you on the liver! I can't eat that either. As far as gumbo goes...I have never had it.

BTW: I didn't know the Mexicans were into sewage harvesting to.

I am with you on the liver! I can't eat that either. As far as gumbo goes...I have never had it.
    Heaven in a bowl man. heaven in a bowl. I'm drooling right now just thinking about good Louisiana Seafood right now.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

There isn't much I won't eat, but I can't eat tacos. I used to love them and ate them all the time. Then, I got the flu after eating tacos for lunch. For 3 days, all I could taste was tacos every time I threw up. Haven't been able to even smell them since. It's all psychological, but my body refuses to eat them now.

As far as watermelons go, if you're ever in a spitting or pissing contest, watermelon is the ammo of champs.

A general rule of thumb when eating at a new restaurant is never eat at a place that has a skinny cook.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post
    Heaven in a bowl man. heaven in a bowl. I'm drooling right now just thinking about good Louisiana Seafood right now.
    I don't know why...but shellfish tear my stomach up. I used to think I was allergic to it but I think it just doesn't react well to my acid reflux. Which is funny because hot peppers don't bother me. Well....accept those habanero peppers and habenero slim jims.
    Last edited by was_peacemaker; 03-04-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Smile

I'm with Intergrated on the brussel sprouts, but, I love cabbage ( & sauerkraut/I'm German) & beets.
    Bs & ( & BullShit ) is about all I don't care for.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    I'm with Intergrated on the brussel sprouts, but, I love cabbage ( & sauerkraut/I'm German) & beets.
    Bs & ( & BullShit ) is about all I don't care for.

Brussel Sprouts in ketchup isn't bad. Not my fav. but I can manage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast