Thread: Future water crisis...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Post Future water crisis...

This the same guy that did the silver vid that I posted...

Thought provoking... indeed.

Bottom line, in the future, the human population will need to be much smaller... no way around it.

Of course, we can pull water from the oceans and desalinate... but that uses energy and will push the price of water way up.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Water and food will be our limiting factors*.

Wart

ETA:

*Excluding ourselves of course.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Water is food is life. Yep.

And he's right - we are doing nothing but stupid things in regards to water availability and use... we've been oblivious to the fact that there are limits to how much fresh water there is and how much we can use...

Time to grow up world.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Water is food is life. Yep.

And he's right - we are doing nothing but stupid things in regards to water availability and use... we've been oblivious to the fact that there are limits to how much fresh water there is and how much we can use...

Time to grow up world.

Well considering that we have 20% of the worlds fresh water right here in the Great Lakes and the Great Lakes Cosortium to protect it
    we can leverage the countries that have oil and trade with them.
    Good stocks to look at,
    Veolia, Power Shares Water, Global Water Shares These companies deal with water distribution systems, water treatment, ect.
    I'm buying these on the dips for a 10 year investment window
    Water: the new liquid gold
    Just me and my monkey....

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Well....

I am almost a wineo anyway..........chris3

Water will never be that expensive or rare to get IMO, all it really takes is to be managed better.

I see it but then I don't. For as long as there is hydrogen and oxygen we should be good to go.

12oz's of the stuff regularly sells for $1 so we're already paying more for water than gas.

I have a chemistry book dated 1917 that talks of the impending doom of the world as man uses up all the nitrogen that would mean death for all life by the mid 1920's... Man adapts, its what we do

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I have a chemistry book dated 1917 that talks of the impending doom of the world as man uses up all the nitrogen that would mean death for all life by the mid 1920's...

Man adapts, its what we do

Ability to rapidly adapt to changing environments
    , opposed thumb and forefinger, (allegedly) the ability to reason......yup that's us.....or has been us.

Wart

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Buy land near a glacier....fresh water depository.

Where is Earth's water located and in what forms does it exist? You can see how water is distributed by viewing these bar charts. The left-side bar shows where the water on Earth exists; about 97 percent of all water is in the oceans. The middle bar shows the distribution of that three percent of all Earth's water that is freshwater. The majority, about 69 percent, is locked up in glaciers and icecaps, mainly in Greenland and Antarctica. You might be surprised that of the remaining freshwater, almost all of it is below your feet, as ground water. No matter where on Earth you are standing, chances are that, at some depth, the ground below you is saturated with water. Of all the freshwater on Earth, only about 0.3 percent is contained in rivers and lakes—yet rivers and lakes are not only the water we are most familiar with, it is also where most of the water we use in our everyday lives exists
    Last edited by N/A; 03-07-2012 at 12:35 PM.