Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey little marxist, you really scared Rush....

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway

Hey little marxist, you really scared Rush....

Don't Worry, Folks: Advertisers Who Don't Want Your Business Will Be Replaced
    March 05, 2012
    All Audio & Video »
    BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: The left, folks -- the media -- are giddy that some advertisers have said they're leaving the program. And I'm sorry to see 'em go. They have profited handsomely from you. These advertisers who have split the scene have done very well due to their access to you, my audience, from this program. To offer their products and services to you through this venue is the best opportunity that they have ever had to advertise their wares. Now they've chosen to deny themselves that access, and that's a business decision, and it's theirs alone to make.

They've decided they don't want you or your business anymore.

So be it.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...ll_be_replaced

If this program were about the advertising... (laughing) you don't know the kind of commercials you'd be treated to. I reject millions of dollars of advertising a year, much to the chagrin of my hardworking sales staff. Millions, folks, including, I might add, General Motors. What would you have thought, if, after the government took over General Motors, I started advertising General Motors? I made the decision not to accept that because you, the audience, come first. Because no successful program puts the audience second or third.

Two radio stations have already dropped him, that probably hurts more than the lost advertising revenues... and there's growing pressure on many others.

Bottom-line: this won't be the last time he flaps his lips and insults women. He's gotten away with it for the most part clear up till now. But he's energized many people against him with their coordinated boycotts, so we'll wait and see when these new advertisements start being broadcasted on his show, what the response is.

ProFlowers got HAMMERED on Amazon.com reviews which is why they dumped him. Any other advertisers who have public forums where customers can write comments will probably be similarly targeted as well.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

That a boy Rush. Tell it like it is.

I don't think he should have applogized myself. He was only speaking the truth - what we were all thinking of what a slut that chick must be to be so concerned about contraception. She's a liberal women's rights/communist activist and deserved to be lambasted for playing the "innocent college girl" for obummer.

Fuck the commies and their sychophant media.

The one good thing about any forthcoming civil war is that we will have the opportunity to take some of them out permanently.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Two radio stations have already dropped him,
    Doesn't hurt him a bit. The stations had him because they know the people wanted him and they could make money off advertising. It will hurt them more, as they will lose 99.99% of the listeners they had for Rush. There are other talk show stations for them to go to. Cower to leftist outcry and pay the price.

Who are the advertisers that have left Rush over this? I've not heard anyone publicly make a statement that they are leaving Rush over this. I would think they would be proclaiming it loudly, and often. I'd really like to know.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Who are the advertisers that have left Rush over this? I've not heard anyone publicly make a statement that they are leaving Rush over this. I would think they would be proclaiming it loudly, and often. I'd really like to know.
    1) Sleep Train
    2) Quicken Loans
    3) Cleveland Cavaliers
    3) Citrix (Go To Meeting)
    4) Carbonite
    5) AutoZone
    6) Legal Zoom
    7) Sleep Number
    8) Heart and Body Extract
    9) Oreck

http://www.dailypaul.com/218214/rush...ntly-imploding
    Wart

Don't like Rush that much, now I don't like Paul so much either.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Ron Paul rocks!

Rush is always attacking him for not being a chickenhawk neo-con like himself, so Paul's endorsement of these boycotts should come as no surprise...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

For the record, ironically, the only thing that I disagreed with him about this was his perverted remarks about wanting the benefit of watching her have sex.
    Basically he's saying I agree with rush but I'll join in the attack because I'm an opportunist, not exactly conservative leadership IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Well, to give Ron Paul the benefit of the doubt, I don't think that is one of his pfficial campaign sites, and the arthor of the article is not Ron Paul.

Submitted by jeffreylayne on Sun, 03/04/2012 - 13:00
    in Ron Paul 2012
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Wart
    Thanks wart. I'll be canceling my carbonite account post haste. I was seriously considering one of those Sleep Number beds but I think that's out now. Maybe another 300BLK AR rifle instead
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Cool

Add a few more to the list, boys!

Capital One has recently aired advertisements on the Rush Limbaugh radio show. Today, ThinkProgress asked a representative of the company whether it is “taking steps to ensure that your ads will not run on Rush Limbaugh in the future.” Capital One responded: “Yes. We have reiterated our advertising choices to our media partners. If an ad did run, it was not authorized by us, and we do not want it to happen again.”

Separately, Downeast Energy announced they will also stop advertising on Rush Limbaugh. The total number of companies that have pulled their ads on the Rush Limbaugh show now stands at 32.
    http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/...ugh/?mobile=nc

JCPENNEY DROPS RUSH | On a Facebook posting, the clothing retailer JCPenney announced that it will ensure that its advertisements do not appear on the Rush Limbaugh radio show: “We have a strict ‘No Run’ policy in place specifically regarding The Rush Limbaugh Show. After jcpenney confirms the facts, we will contact any local radio station that is in violation of our radio advertising parameters to ensure that our ‘No Run’ policy is adhered to regarding this program.” According to a ThinkProgress count, at least 33 companies have dropped Rush.
    http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/...rush-limbaugh/

After Mike Fossum and others reported earlier that Netflix was still advertising with Rush Limbaugh, people started calling the company, Tweeting, and canceling services.

After all this controversy, Netflix had to say something. They made a statement about their buy of ads on Limbaugh’s show.

“Netflix has not and does not purchase advertising on the Rush Limbaugh show. We do buy network radio advertising and have confirmed that two Netflix spots were picked up in error around the Rush Limbaugh show. We have instructed our advertising agency to make sure that this error will not happen again.”

Reports are coming in that insurance giant Geico, who was thought to have stayed with Limbaugh as well, is also claiming their spots were local market buys and will not happen again.
    http://www.webpronews.com/netflix-di...mbaugh-2012-03

We're just getting warmed up!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Even after this Rush will still make millions a year saying what he wants to say to millions of listeners. Yeah, that'll show him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafapa View Post
    Even after this Rush will still make millions a year saying what he wants to say to millions of listeners. Yeah, that'll show him.
    Maybe.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Rush's handlers call him in for an emergency meeting to renegotiate his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if Rush had to take a slight hit in pay, especially if many more radio stations drop him due to mounting pressure.
    Last edited by LAGC; 03-06-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

This just in....

Carbonite Drops Rush...Investors Drop Carbonite.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...tock-plummets/

Since the market opened on Monday through its close today, Carbonite stock (NASDAQ:CARB) has plummeted nearly 12 percent, outpacing the drop of the NASDAQ index in that same time period by nine-and-a-half points. It was also one of the biggest decliners on the NASDAQ on Tuesday.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Where's the outrage when Bill Mahr calls Sarah Palin a Cunt! Anybody calling for him to be boycotted? Like YOU LAGC, how about you on that one?

Lagc you're a leftist piece of shit, with that being said, go suck a bag of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Where's the outrage when Bill Mahr calls Sarah Palin a Cunt! Anybody calling for him to be boycotted? Like YOU LAGC, how about you on that one?
    Well, Bill Maher is on HBO, so there really aren't any advertisers to worry about. And he's a comedian, so he can naturally get away with saying a lot more provocative stuff, like George Carlin got away with saying back in the day.

Rush claims to be an "entertainer", but many folks take his show seriously. The question potential advertisers have to ask is: do I really want to roll the dice with this guy and hope he doesn't say something outrageous that will piss off potential customers?

And I'm not sure the counter-boycotts are really going to be effective, as the message it says is: DON'T ADVERTISE WITH RUSH IN THE FIRST PLACE, cause next time he runs his mouth and defames women, we'll be stuck between a rock and a hard place, punished by his critics OR punished by his fans if we withdraw! Better to just not advertise with him in the first place.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Maybe.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Rush's handlers call him in for an emergency meeting to renegotiate his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if Rush had to take a slight hit in pay, especially if many more radio stations drop him due to mounting pressure.
    The persistent belief that everything is orchestrated by some higher up is another facet of the leftist mental disorder. Admiral Stockdale pointed this out in his memoirs of being a POW in viet nam. Rush doesn't have handlers. Like real Americans he's running his own show (literally in his case). People like Obama have handlers. The guy can't speak without his teleprompter. He's the perfect leftist - a puppet. No ideas of his own, and no ability to grasp new ideas that disagree with his borrowed ideas.

*Yawn*

If Rush Limbaugh were to resign his show, freeing up huge swaths of airtime, it still wouldn't fill back up with leftist drivel.

Didn't Air America prove that liberal talk can't pay for itself, any more than any other liberal endeavor ever can? Libs require government subsidies in order to do anything, be it equal time in the olden days, or NPR and the National Endowment for the Arts, and the National Education Association.

The liberal bastion of unions couldn't exist without being the blood sucking tick on the veins of industry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast