Thread: ? For You Savvy Election Experts

? For You Savvy Election Experts

While voting yesterday, I had to choose 14 delegates or I could not submit my Presidential vote. I know it's a fine time to ask, but I don't remember having to do this in the last election.

All the delegates, except a few (uncommitted), were committed to the candidates I was not voting for. This confused me since there were no delegates for my candidate. I asked the person answering questions, and she didn't have a clue why there were no candidates available for me. Fucking fine answer!

So, I voted for the uncommitted delegates and one for Newt.
    Did I screw up? If so, I don't want this to happen again.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

This is just another one of the ways the votes are rigged. And that doesn't even touch upon the fact the voting machines themselves can be hacked. They try to force you to vote straight party lines with no exceptions, and that to me is a crime. Political parties are the death of America.

http://www.salon.com/2011/09/27/votinghack/

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

I'll say this for Oklahoma. Walked in...no line....SHOWED MY ID......was asked if I was voting Dimocrat or Rethuglican.......I said which one has Lenin on the ticket.....got a laugh.....got my Rethug form that had only a list of the candidates......picked Ron Paul and was out in maybe 3-4 minutes.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    I'll say this for Oklahoma. Walked in...no line....SHOWED MY ID......was asked if I was voting Dimocrat or Rethuglican.......I said which one has Lenin on the ticket.....got a laugh.....got my Rethug form that had only a list of the candidates......picked Ron Paul and was out in maybe 3-4 minutes.

Wart
    Same time frame for me, except the time figuring what to do about the delegates.
    Anyone have an answer to my question?

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    Same time frame for me, except the time figuring what to do about the delegates.
    Anyone have an answer to my question?
    Sorry but not a clue.

Wart

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Sounds weird to me. I thought delegates get chosen depending on the results.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Sounds weird to me. I thought delegates get chosen depending on the results.
    I wonder if the delegate pre-choosing thing may eliminate having to vote afterwards?

In any case, I had no delegates for my candidate to choose from. That seems strange to me.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Ok, I called my county election commission and asked about this. She said I did not have to vote for any delegates to submit my vote for the presidential candidate.

I say BS!!!! I tried to, but the machine would not allow me to. She said she is going to talk to the supervisor at my voting location as to why she could not answer my questions.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I'd think that the state Republican party is responsible for how the state's primary is run. It is not a national thing.

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    Ok, I called my county election commission and asked about this. She said I did not have to vote for any delegates to submit my vote for the presidential candidate.

I say BS!!!! I tried to, but the machine would not allow me to. She said she is going to talk to the supervisor at my voting location as to why she could not answer my questions.
    I suggest the county election commission look at the programming of the voting machine. No satisfactory answers go to the press and let the commission know where you are headed.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post

Wart
    Wait, Lenin is on the ticket in Oklahoma ? I think I hear lagc packing his bags now.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

Red face

i voted for my candidate and saw a list of people, most of whose named i didn't know so i just pushed on some names. it wouldn't let me vote for 15. so some dude got wacked. i hope someone i voted for gets to go to tampa and party it up.