Thread: SHOCK: Courts Uphold Conceal Carry Cases in Two States Read more: SHOCK: Courts Upho

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

SHOCK: Courts Uphold Conceal Carry Cases in Two States Read more: SHOCK: Courts Upho

I remember the Maryland case being posted but don't recall seeing the Colorado case.

Colorado seems an excellent win as the case went all the way to the Colorado Supremes.

Wart

SHOCK: Courts Uphold Conceal Carry Cases in Two States

At a time when many liberals are doing their best to remove all guns from the hands of Americans, I was shocked to see two different court cases that upheld concealed carry permits.

In Colorado, the University of Colorado had banned all weapons from the campus.
    Three students who belonged to Students for Concealed Carry on Campus filed a suit against the university claiming that the university’s ban violated the Concealed Carry Act and provisions in the Colorado Constitution.

A District Court judge dismissed the student’s case
    . The dismissal was based upon the understanding that the Board of Regents is a statewide authority with its own legislative powers over distinct geographical areas made up of the state’s university system.

The student’s appealed their case to the Colorado Court of Appeals who overturned the District Court’s dismissal
    . This court ruled that the Concealed Carry Act applied statewide which would include university campuses.

The university and Board of Regents appealed the Court of Appeals ruling and the case then went before the Colorado State Supreme Court.
    Just a few days ago, the Colorado Supreme Court upheld the Court of Appeals ruling. This gives anyone who holds a proper conceal carry permit that right to carry a firearm on the university campus which is a huge victory for pro-gun rights in Colorado.

Read more: SHOCK: Courts Uphold Conceal Carry Cases in Two States - Godfather Politics http://godfatherpolitics.com/4047/sh...#ixzz1oSWcwhXq

Not really all that surprising, the lower courts will have to follow the SCOUS which with Heller we should be able to expect more rulings in the favor of the right. Keeping obama from being able to make any more appointments to the SCOUS might be the best reason to make sure he doesn't get 4 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Not really all that surprising, the lower courts will have to follow the SCOUS which with Heller we should be able to expect more rulings in the favor of the right. Keeping obama from being able to make any more appointments to the SCOUS might be the best reason to make sure he doesn't get 4 more years.
    I'm not sure Romney will be any better in that respect than the big zero. IMHO, the SCOUS appointments of GW were one of the best things he did for the US.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    By voting for whoever gets the Republican nomination....

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    I'm not sure Romney will be any better in that respect than the big zero. IMHO, the SCOUS appointments of GW were one of the best things he did for the US.
    IMO the question is could anyone be worse then what we've seen from obama. Romney, Santorum, Gingrich and Paul are all unknowns compared to obama in that regard (actual SCOUS appointments). We are at as tipping point with the SCOUS that maybe we should consider, we know what we will get with obama, atleast with the rest there's hope of only something better.
    Last edited by mriddick; 03-07-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    IMO the question is could anyone be worse then what we've seen from obama. Romney, Santorum, Gingrich and Paul are all unknowns compared to obama in that regard (actual SCOUS appointments). We are at as tipping point with the SCOUS that maybe we should consider, we know what we will get with obama atleast with the rest there's hope of only something better.
    I'll certainly be voting for whoever the Republicans select. No taking a chance this time.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

IMO the question is could anyone be worse then what we've seen from obama. Romney, Santorum, Gingrich and Paul are all unknowns compared to obama in that regard (actual SCOUS appointments). We are at as tipping point with the SCOUS that maybe we should consider, we know what we will get with obama, atleast with the rest there's hope of only something better.
    Exactly. We curbed GW on his first liberal pick for the bench and we all know he wasn't a conservative either.