Thread: 'International Permission’ Trumps Congressional Permission For Military Action

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

'International Permission’ Trumps Congressional Permission For Military Action

This is a dangerous statement... So what about OUR Constitution or is this just more evidence that it's meaningless these days? What's it gonna take for us to get anything done about the out of control gov't?

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Dogblaster View Post
    This is a dangerous statement... So what about OUR Constitution or is this just more evidence that it's meaningless these days? What's it gonna take for us to get anything done about the out of control gov't?
    Openly stating what needs to be done would not be a smart idea.

Of course, there is no need to state the obvious. Anyone who cares about the future of the US already knows what needs to be done.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Weren't these same people...

screaming at Bush because he had Congress approval? chris3

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Openly stating what needs to be done would not be a smart idea.

Of course, there is no need to state the obvious. Anyone who cares about the future of the US already knows what needs to be done.
    I know. It's not what I was meaning. It was more of a "beating my head against a wall' statement... This is just one more of the countless examples of gov't overstepping it's bounds. It just frustrates the shit out of me because I want my kids and grand kids to have the same opportunities that I did growing up and I'm realizing more and more that it's just not gonna happen...
    Last edited by Tx Dogblaster; 03-08-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Dogblaster View Post
    I know. It's not what I was meaning. It was more of a "beating my head against a wall' statement... This is just one more of the countless examples of gov't overstepping it's bounds. It just frustrates the shit out of me because I want my kids and grand kids to have the same opportunities that I did growing up and I'm realizing more and more that it's just not gonna happen...
    The NWO must render our sovereignty and our constitution meaningless. Claiming "international permission" does just that.

Wart

You know, this video really looks and sounds like treason. Just another day in dc huh. Someday dhs will arrest these traitors in dc. Right? Because dhs is about America and the constitution. Right?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by coppertales View Post
    screaming at Bush because he had Congress approval? chris3
    Yep. Typical hypocrisy of the left and media who didn't raise one question about it.

112th CONGRESS

2d Session

H. CON. RES. 107
    Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

March 7, 2012
    Mr. JONES submitted the following concurrent resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION
    Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

Whereas the cornerstone of the Republic is honoring Congress's exclusive power to declare war under article I, section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That it is the sense of Congress that, except in response to an actual or imminent attack against the territory of the United States, the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress violates Congress's exclusive power to declare war under article I, section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution and therefore constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...H.CON.RES.107:

I wonder how far this is going to go?
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 03-08-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Hell, why not? Already have Ruth Bader-Americahater telling other countries that they shouldn't model their constitutions after ours. Plus, if the U.N. doesn't say it's okay then it's not legit either.......but of course they need more U.S. taxpayer money to "do good for the world" and all that crap.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Revolution is coming, may not be in my lifetime but it's coming.