Thread: World war three

World war three

Just heard that Greece and Israel signed an agreement, along with Cyprus (the Greek half) allowing for an Israeli mil/airbase on Cyprus. Cyprus has a Turkish half that is slightly upset over this. The Turkish minister then called for annexing all of Cyprus but retracted his statement the next day. If it doesn't start with Iran it may start with Turkey.

IMO muslim machismo, they will complain, talk tough but in the end it's the act of bluster that matters most. Once they feel they did enough to prove their toughness they will call it a day.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    IMO muslim machismo, they will complain, talk tough but in the end it's the act of bluster that matters most. Once they feel they did enough to prove their toughness they will call it a day.
    You did see Turkey was involved ??

Wart

It's Turkey that is upset, they are the muslims with the machismo to prove...

Considering Greece just got a "miracle" bailout at the last minute, I imagine Greece signed a major military treaty with Israel as the payoff, the part about Cyprus being just that, a part. Turkey may indeed be doing some scimitar rattling (muslim for sabre rattling) but someday all hell is going to break loose, Turkey and Greece over Cyprus, India and Pakis over Kashmir, the whole works.

Do the people on the Greek side of Cyprus want to be part of Turkey? IMO Kashmir is ripe for war because as I understand it the majority there want to be part of Pakistan (or atleast an independent nation) and India has basically refuse the people there the promised vote to decide.
    Last edited by mriddick; 03-10-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Last I heard the Greek side of Cyprus is patrioticaly Greek. There's an important RAF base there too, at Akrotiri and mebbe some NSA spooks. Dunno what claim Turkey has there at all. The Kashmir thing may be as you say, dunno much about it other than it's where Pakistan and India go to wave dicks.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    As broke as Greece is, I look at it as they are getting needed money to continue their country, and the fact that it is Israel is what makes it "newsworthy".

I have a deep seated suspicion that more debt is not the answer to debt. I suspect Greece would be better off going it on their own outside the EU and defaulting. Now when it (financial crisis) happens again as it must and there is no cure it will be far worse for the Greek people than if they had defaulted today.