Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally stepping over to the Dark side

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    Couple of suggestions for the gas in the face. My .300 BLK upper is a side-charging LAR upper, the opening where the charging handle usually goes has a plug that screws out so you can remove the bolt carrier. No opening = no gas in the face. The other suggestion is a gas-buster charging handle. It has a channel that directs most of the gas to the side and away from your face.
    The Mk116 is a long stroke piston. No gas in face problems like a DI gun. It is a huge part of the reason I made the jump over to AR15's. DI guns were out of the qustion, and I've never liked the short stroke piston designs so I've held off until now. After reviewing these uppers for over a year, and shooting the ever living snot out of a mk114 with and w/out a suppressor I was sold.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I must say I've never had crap blow back in my face off my stock Colt HBAR even with a suppressor on it. I had been expecting some and was surprised I didn't get any. Guess mine is tighter than most some how. On piston uppers, I have one and like it fine, stays very clean. Reliable like an AK so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12