Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Guys Think of the Treyvon Martin Shooting in Florida?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    You're right of course. But race IS a factor, just one that is politically incorrect. Here in California, the Hispanics and Blacks (especially in the inner cities) don't like each other much. Remember all those racial murders by MS13 fucks who drove most of the blacks East from the heart of Los Angeles? Just a thought. We all know they have only one barrier to all out racial hate (and unfortunately that's the fact that whites are still around to kick around).
    Too true.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down

You all, no matter where you are, are so lucky you dont have to Work in West Palm Beach! I swear, This is all I heard today from the Blacks I work with. The stupid kid should have been talking with the Police not his Damn Girlfriend!. It is not by Accident that Palm Beach County is the most Corrupt in Florida. Fourtunely for me I live in Republican Martin County north of it.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    http://home.suddenlink.net/news/read...org%3E&ps=1011

NEW YORK (AP) — No one knows what led a Florida neighborhood watch captain to shoot Trayvon Martin, a teenager carrying no weapon.

But a new study raises an intriguing question: Could the watch captain have been fooled into thinking the youth was armed in part because he himself was holding a gun?

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Is the 911 operator a sworn officer of the law ?? Does he/she have the authority to tell Zimmerman what to do ??

(NOT defending this guy Zimmerman.)

Wart

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Is the 911 operator a sworn officer of the law ??
    I don't know about there, but in a lot of places they are. They wear a uniform and badge just the same as the guy/gal out in the patrol car.

Side note....now i remember what this story reminds me of. The legend of the mall ninja come to real life.
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost....1&postcount=24
    Original source is a myspace link that i can't even get to open now.

Hello All.

I am new to this group; however I am not new to carrying. I have been carrying for awhile now. I have lived my entire life by the traditional Republican values (yes I said I am a Republican and damn proud of it!), the Boy Scout Motto of Be Prepared, and the motto Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

I carry six guns. All of them are Glocks in .40 S&@ caliber with Night Sights and are bone stock except for some wolf springs. I carry 2 Glock 22s on my right and left hips in C-Tacs, 2 Glock 23s in my Alessi Bodyguard shoulder holster, 1 Glock 27 on my left ankle, and another Glock 27 in my right hand pocket. I also carry some folding knives. I carry 2 Chris Reeves folding knives, both of them are Sebenzas. I carry the small one in the left hand pocket of my 5.11 Tactical pants. I carry the larger one in the mag pocket on the right hand side with a Glock 22 magazine. I carry another 4 Glock 22 magazines behind the guns on my hips. I carry an extra magazine on a mag pouch on my right hip. I also carry a surefire E2E flashlight clipped onto my left hand pocket. You never know when you will need a light. I am going to be carrying 2 pairs of hand cuffs when I decide on a decent manufacturer and holster (suggestions are wanted). For my commo gear (I wasnt in the military but I adopted some of it into my everyday lingo through many CCW courses) I use a Nextel I560 phone in black (dont want to get the yellow one and give my reflection away in case some BG seems me in an alley) and I have a Pager with Skytel service. I also have a Zippo lighter in case I need to make a torch or something if stuck in a Hurricane Katrina situation. I also carry some OC spray (Fox labs if youre wondering)

I just wanted to share some of my experiences. I have been carrying a long time. I remember when I got my first permit. I felt ecstatic. It was an awesome responsibility I was ready to deal with. Not to mention I had been trained for it. I took an intensive CCW class that was several hours in length and have taken a few classes since then. I was like a Police Officer on his first shift. I was so happy that I had been granted the right to carry because there needs to be many more CCWers to help bring crime rates down. It is a heavy burden that we as Sheepdogs have to bear to protect the sheeple.

On my first day CCWing I went on patrol and walked around the entire neighborhood watching things with my hyper sense of awareness. Nobody but other CCWers understands what I am talking about. I walked through the neighborhood and I saw the illegal immigrants sitting on the stoop watching me with a keen eye. I suspect that they were intimidated by my presence (I am 61 and 325 lbs) with a 50 inch waist. I dont understand Spanish but they must have been talking about me.

As a side note, what does Gordo mean?

I continued walking and I saw some gangbangers. There were 4 urban youth (read black kids playing basketball with jerseys listening to crap music err I mean rap music) who were probably carrying illegally. They were talking on someones porch. They looked at me and started talking amongst themselves. One of them called me biggie (some sort of respect thing?) and I kept walking.

As I got further into town I realized I needed to recharge my batteries with some food. I got myself a burrito at the local store. It was being worked by illegals (they are everywhere arent they?) but they make some damn good burritos and nachos. I got a huge super burrito (the kind that are football size) and some nachos with extra cheese and jalapenos. A large soda would wash that down nicely. I brought my food to the table and then got up to fill my soda (it was a self serve soda fountain) when some illegal immigrant gangbanger drug dealers walked in. One of them looked at me and I knew I was in for some trouble. They were probably packing guns. Gangbangers always pack lorcins and hi-points and not quality tactical gear. I made eye contact to let them know that I am hyper aware and that they will not be getting past me should something go down. Those stupid illegal immigrant gangbangers would regret messing with me.

Sure enough they called me a racist name. (Only white people can be racist, stupid racist illegal loving liberals!). I ignored it because I never start trouble when I am CCWing. I just waited in line for the soda machine when one of them pushed me. He wasnt strong enough to push my 345 lb frame. I told him not to touch me and took a defensive posture. I read about it on some tactical forums. Its one Navy SEALs use when going into close quarters combat. (I am not a SEAL or a veteran but I train just as hard with my CCW.) My CCW instructor approved of it and I told the illegal scumbag gangbanger that I would use force to defend myself and my family (who were not there, they dont patrol the neighborhood with me) if he should continue his attack.

They laughed and pushed me again. I pushed back. I threw my weight into it and pushed him into some tables. His other stupid Mexican illegal immigrant friend started saying something in Spanish and he put his hand into his pocket. I reached for the Glock 22 on my right hip and drew. The illegal immigrant took his hand out of his pocket and I told him to get down on the ground. Then I told his buddies to do the same thing. I then proceeded to handcuff the one who pushed me and the bigger of the other two. I then put on some Hatch Cooltac gloves and searched them. All of the employees in the store and the customers started clapping and cheering for me.

Bu not one to neglect my civic duty I had to keep a close eye and my Glock on the other one until my backup arrived. The responding officers came in with their guns drawn and ready to do some wet work. I laughed as once they saw me they put their guns away and I holstered mine. They proceeded to laugh once they saw I had the situation under complete control. They asked my advice on guns and we talked. I told them how I considered law enforcement at one point but I felt the job wasnt my forte. They didnt cuff me or anything and just took a statement. One of them even offered to buy me lunch and I got the number of one of the female officers who responded to the man with a gun call. When will the liberal anti-gunners learn that people like me are able to handle ourselves and act as sheepdogs for them (the sheeple)? Anyway we are going to the range and I am going to show her how to shoot. She also expressed getting her CCW permit. Luckily I have a lot of training and know a lot of people so she will probably taking a class where she will learn to think tactically.

After about 10 minutes of questioning from the cops I was ready to hit the streets again. I continued to walk down the street and check the neighborhood out. I decided that I should probably check the local Dunkin Donuts / Baskin Robbins out. I wanted to stop and rest my tired feet but as a civic minded CCWer I would not shirk my god given responsibilities to protect the neighborhood. I went in and got myself an extra large Peanut Butter and Chocolate malt. As I waited for the ******* to make my malt I noticed one of the officers I saw at the burrito shop. He nodded at me and I sat down at the table next to him. He told me what a good job I did and how much he loved responsible CCWers. I told him that it was just the training from my CCW classes. The whole You default to your level of training thing. He was very impressed and said I would make a fine tac-officer (SWAT for all you non-LEO types). Then he offered to pay for my malt as the ******* guy who worked there called out my order.

That was just one of my many forays into the streets. What made it unique was that it was my first day CCWing. Since then I have become an old hand when it comes to CCWing. I just wanted to share what my first day was like.
    Last edited by stinker; 03-20-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    1) There were break-ins in the neighborhood. The "watch" guy was suspicious of this kid who he didn't recognize.
    2) The shooter is hispanic - not 'white'.
    3) The shooter's 911 calls indicated that he was told to back off by the police - but didn't.
    4) The shooter initiated some kind of fight and then shot the kid.

I think that although the black community is trying to make this into some kind of racial thing, that the shooter should be arrested and brought up on murder charges - 2nd degree.
    OSOK I don't think I have ever disagreed with you on any point, and have been very grateful for you sharing your expertise with me in past correspondence. So please, in keeping with the respect I have for you and your life experience do not take my points of disagreement beyond the academic. That being said I disagree with a few points.

1) I agree completely. This was a gated community with a very active watch program in place. The 17 year old was not known and pulled a hoodie over his head. Was this to avoid identification?

2) Yep, that did through a monkey wrench into the narrative didn't it?

3) This point is not relevant. The dispatcher has no authority to issue any order to a citizen and the citizen is under no obligation to follow such orders. Was the "watcher" breaking any laws in following the suspicious person, would be a more relevant question. I do not believe he was.

4) That has not be established as a fact that I am aware of. Some have supposed that to be the case but others have supposed the 17 year old to be the aggressor/initiator of contact. At this point both are of equal validity.

Ok, so what really happened? It's going to be very hard to tell for sure. The 17 year old was a troubled person. He was an athlete, football player. He was on suspension from his high school and had a juvenile record (don't know what for) and staying with relatives to "get his life back in order" (taken from an article I read a while ago).

Was this 17 year old a gangsta wanna be with a chip on his shoulder? Maybe. Was the "watcher" a mall ninja wanna be? Maybe. There is information to suggest that both may be true. What happens when a gangsta wanna be meets a mall ninja?

I see several scenarios that are possible, but there are no witnesses and the dead guy isn't talking.

1) The Watcher got out to ask questions and it went down hill. As there is no law that says you cannot ask a stranger a question I don't see a problem with this. (Yes the dispatcher said not to, but the dispatcher has no legal authority to direct the Watchers actions.) If in this instance the 17 year old tried to ignore the Watcher, kept walking, and the Watcher tried to stop him or bar his path then I don't see he has much of a self defense case. If the 17 year old bowed up at being questioned and took an aggressive posture and things went south there is likely a self defense standing.

2) The 17 year old saw he was being followed and instigated a confrontation. The circumstances on the Watcher exiting the vehicle rather than driving off will have to be explained. I do see a possibility of self defense in this situation too.

3) The final incident that lead to the gun going bang. The 17 year old athlete was on top of the watcher, on the ground, and delivering a serious series of blows (IIRC there is a witness to this but I may be mistaken). At this point you are no longer in a simple fist fight but in a situation where serious bodily damage can occur. If the Watcher was legal in his actions up to this point - he was most likely is justified in shooting. The question is, and may never be fully known is, were the Watchers actions up to the point of shooting legal?

Well, that's what I have for now. It is all subject to change of course, as more facts come out. I am disturbed by something though. I've read that the Feds may interject themselves into the mix. It is my observation that when the feds get involved into such a local (and possible racial) situation as this, they have an agenda and a predetermined outcome.
    Last edited by L1A1Rocker; 03-21-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

The bastard gunned down an unarmed teenager, he could have just followed him to where he was going, instead, he got all stupid and killed him. Zimmerman needs to be tried for murder. I am sick and tired of the Blacks making a racial issue out of this! Every time a Black is involved, out comes the race card.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

The question I want the answer to....

is "why was the kid in that neighborhood in the first place?"......The MSM is still calling the shooter "white" as of this morning. He sure looks hispanic to me but to the blacks, anyone not black is a whitey. All this "racists" stuff is all bull anyway. Just follow the money.....chris3

Quote Originally Posted by coppertales View Post
    is "why was the kid in that neighborhood in the first place?"......The MSM is still calling the shooter "white" as of this morning. He sure looks hispanic to me but to the blacks, anyone not black is a whitey. All this "racists" stuff is all bull anyway. Just follow the money.....chris3

According to a news report I read just after the incident he was there staying with relatives. He had gotten into trouble in school and was suspended. For what ever reason (that is not being reported) the family decided he needed to go stay with his relatives in this gated community. It has just recently been reported that he does have a juvenile record, but what is still not being reported.

What really bothers me is the supposition, pig headedness, and rush to judgement that so many seem to have. They are buying into the media narrative of the "unarmed innocent teenager" (some say child). And what pisses me off is that many that are doing this giving the benefit of the doubt to the 17 year old are admonishing people for presuming facts not established that give the benefit of the doubt to the shooter. The hypocrisy is so thick you could almost cut it with a knife.

The folks on the forum are surely familiar with the phrase "God made some men big and some men small, Sam Colt made all men equal." But for some reason have now forgotten that there are times when deadly force is legal to use against an "unarmed" person. I'm reminded of the surveillance video of the man and woman in a line getting into an argument. She leaves and gets her boyfriend and they come back. The boyfriend then proceeds to beat the first man into unconsciousness. The first man had permanent vision damage as a result. There ARE times when deadly force can be used against an "unarmed" opponent. Was this one of those times? We don't have enough information to say at this point.

And now that I read that Eric Holder is going to get envolved I'm very concerned that the shooter may not get a fare trial.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

No offense taken Rocker - after I posted that, you can read where I stated that we really don't know exactly what happened. Until we do, any judgement will be based on incomplete information.

I am apauled by the rush to make this about race -the opportunists that are coming in to get media coverage and exposure are the most despicable people. Of course, we'll never hear that on msnbc.

There was no such attention from the Attorney General in past shootings and killings where whites were the victims of blacks... this is outragous and as I said despicable.

Further, the parents certainly have a right to demand that this be investigated completely and that the truth be found. I can't tell you how I'd feel if my son were shot down like this.

I'd probably just take the shooter out myself and take my chances in court. But that's me and my kids - none of them have any kind of record or trouble in school....
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 03-21-2012 at 09:23 AM.

I just want to add: I do think that Zimmerman acted stupidly regarless of what happened when he confronted the kid. He'd contacted the police, the kid was on the street - not threatening anybody (that we know about) and the cops were on the way.

If I were Zimmerman, I would've just kept an eye on the kid from a distance and waited for the cops to arrive.

Now, if the kid came over to him and threatened and even attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman thought the kid had a weapon... then that's different.

As said, we need all of the information...

The shooter is screwed, just like he would have been in the fast food scenario if THAT white guy shot the black man who was easily twice his size.

I can say that if I am standing in a resturant, and ANYONE is attacked brutally and is on the ground, being beaten, I likely WOULD stop it. n the end, I have to live with my conscience, and no one else. I would not be able to live with myself if I allowed someone to be beaten and permanently disabled.
    "What sick, barbaric bastards.

It's one thing to use terrorism to make a political statement, but the wanton mutilation and suffering of innocents? How does that forward your political goals? When done in the name of religion, how does that earn you brownie points with God?

Fuck religious extremism. And especially fuck the "religion of peace." "

So, lagcsocialist supports terrorism AS LONG AS ITS FOR POLITICAL ENDS....

Well...this don't look good for him. Apparently he has a history of habitually calling 911 on black people.

http://axiomamnesia.com/2012/03/20/s...-martin-audio/

I wanna know how that site got all those past 911 calls. You would'nt think those would be just released for shits and giggles.

Edit:

I just heard about this.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/well...artin-shooter/

The black liberation militia has announced they're going after him to "make a citizens arrest". This won't be pretty if they do.

Members of a self-described black militia group will attempt a citizen’s arrest on a white neighborhood watch leader who has admitted to fatally shooting an unarmed African-American teen in an Orlando suburb, but has not been charged, a leader of the group said Thursday.

Members of The New Black Liberation Militia plan to take 28-year-old George Zimmerman to federal authorities this week since local police haven’t acted, said Najee Muhammad, a leader of the militia group.

“We’ll find him. We’ve got his mug shot and everything,” Muhammad said.
    The parasites are coming out of the woodwork to make the narrative of the kids death about them.
    Last edited by stinker; 03-21-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Apparently some "neighborhood watch captain" (who is white) shot and killed an unarmed black teenager.
    The 911 operator told him not to follow (the kid) but he did anyway. Now, I see nothing wrong in following someone if you think they are up to trouble.

The shooter also had bruises and grass stains on his clothes... obvious signs of a struggle.

Now, I know you're not supposed to judge a person by how he looks... but to me that kid (the victim) does NOT look like a punk-ass gangbanger type.

I think the obvious signs of a struggle combined with the "stand your ground" law are going to keep the shooter out of trouble.

I'll bet though the shooting didn't HAVE to happen... if the shooter just stayed away and didn't follow...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/orig...xplicit/vGbyc/

Listen and see what you think he said under his breath while talking to 911

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    The 911 operator told him not to follow (the kid) but he did anyway. Now, I see nothing wrong in following someone if you think they are up to trouble.

The shooter also had bruises and grass stains on his clothes... obvious signs of a struggle.

Now, I know you're not supposed to judge a person by how he looks... but to me that kid (the victim) does NOT look like a punk-ass gangbanger type.

I think the obvious signs of a struggle combined with the "stand your ground" law are going to keep the shooter out of trouble.

I'll bet though the shooting didn't HAVE to happen... if the shooter just stayed away and didn't follow...
    How does "stand your ground" apply in this case? I thought you had to be attacked with lethal force (or something similar) for it to be an issue. It sounds like this guy chased down the teen, confronted him, and a fight started. Even if the teen tried to fight him that's a stretch for lethal force. If this guy isn't in prison already it seems the police know something we don't. The authorities are not known for being nice to people even in the case of clearly justified shootings.

Members of a self-described black militia group will attempt a citizen’s arrest on a white neighborhood watch leader who has admitted to fatally shooting an unarmed African-American teen in an Orlando suburb, but has not been charged, a leader of the group said Thursday.
    Uh, he wasn't white. He was HISPANIC. Why do these fuckers keep on calling him WHITE?

Uh, he wasn't white. He was HISPANIC. Why do these fuckers keep on calling him WHITE?
    When the truth can't fit into your world view, just make some shit up. Such is the leftist way.

If this guy had an (more)evil twin cousin by marriage twice removed that was a lilly white redheaded irish decendant and he was pure blooded latino they would still be calling him white. It's not about him or the kid at this point really. It's about some race pimp and the media getting attention for themself.

Remember that a gay rights activist NEEDS a gay guy/gal with their head bashed in to rally around and promote themself as "the representative" of that group. Same shit is starting to happen here but substitute race instead. Al Sharpton and his type NEEDS blacks to get killed by whites or he becomes completely irrellevant. Get ready because theres going to be lots more like this between now and november to try to rally the white guilt vote.

If they start calling him hispanic the racist latino groups will get pissy about it so that's not going to happen. Socialists are loyal to socialism first and the ideology trumps any and all principles that could compromise the advancement of the agenda. Not picking a fight with your "allies" fits neatly into that category. The individual being totally irrellevant to the agenda, this guy was,is and forever shall be "white" so they can send one guy up the river to advance the agenda.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafapa View Post
    How does "stand your ground" apply in this case? I thought you had to be attacked with lethal force (or something similar) for it to be an issue. It sounds like this guy chased down the teen, confronted him, and a fight started. Even if the teen tried to fight him that's a stretch for lethal force. If this guy isn't in prison already it seems the police know something we don't. The authorities are not known for being nice to people even in the case of clearly justified shootings.
    I agree with you completely. I also do not think the shooter was justified in shooting... given what I have heard and read.

I am saying that he will probably get away with it because of the "stand your ground" law.

Plus, since the police already declined to press any charges, they will probably stick with that decision regardless so that they don't come out looking "incompetent" or "indecisive".

I never said he was in the right.

Why call him anything? There is no need to say "he's black" or "she's white" or "he's hispanic" etc.... doing so just keeps groups segregated and promotes more racism.

I would say that this case is an "over zealous guy itching to pull the trigger" and an "unfortunate kid who ran across his path and paid dearly for it".

Of course, that's MY view. I'm sure the shooter wanted to "bust a cap in that ni--er's ass"... and sadly he did.

Besides, "hispanics" hate blacks more than racist whites do.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast